I am a liberal....

Actually "Classical Liberal" is a made up Conservative term used to try to squeeze into a club, they never belong too.

Liberals are Liberals. Conservatives have been denigrating the term for quite some time now. They don't get to own it by making things up.

Bullshit. 'Classical Liberals' is how REAL liberals differentiate themselves from the fucking idiots on the far left.

Actually "Classical Liberal" is a made up Conservative term used to try to squeeze into a club, they never belong too.

Liberals are Liberals. Conservatives have been denigrating the term for quite some time now. They don't get to own it by making things up.

Bullshit. 'Classical Liberals' is how REAL liberals differentiate themselves from the fucking idiots on the far left.

you can pretend that's true. but you seem to be confusing both your terms and your politics.

Says the poster who had a swastika in her avatar for about a month or two.

You lecturing me about Liberalism is laughable.:lol:

I am a liberal. I am not a progressive. Never in my life have I used the term "classical liberal" to describe my views, nor will I. It has no meaning beyond propaganda, so I can be claimed by a group to which I do not choose to belong. If I were a conservative, I would simply call myself a conservative and be done with it.

I will agree there is a difference between progressivism and liberalism. What I disagree with is the widespread mischaracterization of "classical liberals" as basically the equivalent of conservatives. If anything, they are more akin to libertarians - not modern Libertarian Party reactionaries but true libertarians.

A propaganda campaign to redefine words does not change their actual definitions.

basically, their effort has been to pretend everything negative is "liberal" and everything good is somehow "conservative".

interestingly, the facts aren't with them on that. by definition, no problem is ever solved by "conservatism".

I would disagree that "no" problems can be solved by conservatism. There are some conservative positions I back, even though I'm liberal overall. But the whole propaganda campaign over words would be laughable if so many people didn't swallow it hook, line and sinker.

Truth!
I am a social liberal and a fiscal conservative.
I am also an atheist but respect Care and true Christians like her.
I despist those who use their religion to justify their very unchristlike attitudes.

all of us could benefit by following Care's lead.
in our government we need balance between liberals and conservatives, the extremes of either side lead to disaster.

Oh, so you, Gold, are rebelling against public perception. Good for you.

I'm not rebelling against anything, Allie. Rebellion would imply that I care and am making a conscious effort to go against the grain. I don't particularly care, and I'm simply stating the facts.

You're entitled to whatever opinion of me and/or my opinion you like. My reality is not dependent on your acceptance of it.

Goldcatt, I don't have an opinion of you. I'm just trying to wade through your tripe and figure out what the hell point you're making.

I've honestly lost track of what camp I'm supposed to fall into. British politics is a lot more turbulent than American, in my opinion. And we have to take orders from Brussels on E.U matters. The goal posts shift everyday.

I'd usually say that I'm a liberal conservative nationalist who sees the need to curb rampant immigration but is sympathetic, accomodating and inviting towards qualified and conscientious newcomers who want to make a better life for themselves; within the law. But I often find myself disagreeing with a party that forever seems to be using politics as an excuse to line their pockets.

I'm a company director. Nothing big with CEOs and boardroom showdowns. Two firms. One is a structual and demolition contractor (I picked-up the trade in the forces), the other is a small waste management firm focusing on attracting industrial clients. They pay the bills with some to spare; as society always needs their shit shifted and buildings maintained or torn down.

I also, to my wife's disapproval, smoke more than my fair share of marijuana.

I would disagree that "no" problems can be solved by conservatism. There are some conservative positions I back, even though I'm liberal overall. But the whole propaganda campaign over words would be laughable if so many people didn't swallow it hook, line and sinker.

i didn't say there is no place for conservatives. and, in fact, i do think the middle should balance the extremes. but, by definition being conservative means wanting to keep things the same. liberal means wanting to move things forward. reactionary, which is what most of the pretend conservatives on the board really are, is an effort to return to former times...and an hysteria about change.

Goldcatt, I don't have an opinion of you. I'm just trying to wade through your tripe and figure out what the hell point you're making.

Wade away! If I didn't stand by it I wouldn't post it.

Of course if you really wanted to understand, you could always ask for clarification rather than insult. :eusa_whistle:

i didn't say there is no place for conservatives. and, in fact, i do think the middle should balance the extremes. but, by definition being conservative means wanting to keep things the same. liberal means wanting to move things forward. reactionary, which is what most of the pretend conservatives on the board really are, is an effort to return to former times...and an hysteria about change.

If our founding fathers had been conservative we would still belong to England.
They were in fact progressive liberals.
By the true definition, not the popular definitions spewed by todays pundits.

Wade away! If I didn't stand by it I wouldn't post it.

Of course if you really wanted to understand, you could always ask for clarification rather than insult. :eusa_whistle:

I don't bother with niceties when I'm insulted myself.

If our founding fathers had been conservative we would still belong to England.
They were in fact progressive liberals.
By the true definition, not the popular definitions spewed by todays pundits.

No, they weren't. They were treacherous agitators.

But I would say 'that'.

Forum List

Back