I am a liberal....

One could only hope.

There would be so many more people frog marched off to jail..and if you thought FinReg was bad..

Regulations imposed after such an audit would make that look like a cakewalk.

You'd pass laws against losing money?

This sorta lets me know that you've never had the "priviledge" of sitting in a meeting with the "Captains of Industry". Or even picking up a WSJ (Prior to the acquisition).

Follow all the bank failures, bond market defaults, and equities crashes..

Lots of crime behind those..but not enough criminals got plucked.

Compared to whom? Government?

But enough about this.

What is so compassionate about someone who make endless demands of others' assets?

we own our home outright, i am now a stay at home, homemaker for the hubby and me, I am Religious/Christian, I have zero debt, owe no one for anything, own car outright as well....responsible, law abiding, self sufficient adult!

I am ALL that conservatives say liberals are not! YET, I am and will forever be, liberal.

just sayin' :D

Fiddlesticks. You think you live in opposition to what you THINK conservatives think of liberals.

But conservatives recognize liberals as:

Elitist
Wealthy or well off
Think their birth or circumstances give them the right to decide life decisions for others
Are social conservatives, while promoting the decimation of the traditional family for more lowly citizens. In other words, hypocrites.

That's a typical grown liberal.

:rofl:

Thank you for demonstrating my earlier point so nicely.

I suppose actually asking different liberals what they stand for and why and taking them at their word for their own thoughts, experiences and beliefs is out of the question. Of course. Because if you don't believe omniscient YOU know their situation, thoughts, beliefs and attitudes better than they do themselves what basis would you have to demonize them? You might even *gasp* have to think about your own beliefs and why you hold them. Or even *gulp* admit they're not all bad....or all wrong.

Can't be having that.

It's not just you. But it's epidemic....and I'll be the first to say not on just one side. Rdean comes to mind as a liberal who parrots your and your compatriots' philosophy of political debate. Very similar styles, identical results.

There are exceptions, of course.
My sister is a registered democrat. Not liberal, never liberal. But she is absolutely conservative, and works to change the party from within.

But the truth of the matter is, I'm a middle aged adult and my experience with the left has shown me that for the most part, my stereotype is true. That's how I came to develop that stereotype. From repeatedly interacting with libs.

This sorta lets me know that you've never had the "priviledge" of sitting in a meeting with the "Captains of Industry". Or even picking up a WSJ (Prior to the acquisition).

But enough about this.

What is so compassionate about someone who make endless demands of others' assets?

I dunno.

Ask the bond traders, equity traders, and bankers when they went, hat in hand to congress, asking for multiple bailouts after their screwups.

Or try asking defense contractors when they beg for huge paychecks for worthless systems.

Or how about agribusiness and their subsidies.

Or how about just about every other large corporation in this country that feeds like pigs at the government trough.

Last edited:

But enough about this.

like bear sterns, goldman sachs, bank of america, oil industry, unnecessary wars?:eusa_whistle:

I own my home. Debt free. Drive Toyota. Pay my taxes. Don't ask for nothing I haven't earned. Pay for all my needs. Help my children. NOt chilluns, and not 7 of them while I sit on my fat ass and make stupid videos about "Amerika". That's why I'm a Republican and always will be. Hell the fucking liberals sent what? seven million hard earned AMERICAN tax dollars to a foreign country to teach idiots how to wash their balls. I'm a proud Republican and aplogize to no one. And, I paid for my own fucking education, worked nights went to school days. I have paid and still pay my FEDERAL Income taxes. When EVERBODY pays and we have less of this

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRgB2eeHZEw&feature=fvw[/ame]

then we'll talk. til then be a liberal, I don't give a crap.

Last edited:

But enough about this.

like bear sterns, goldman sachs, bank of america, oil industry, unnecessary wars?:eusa_whistle:

You mean when Goldman Sachs rapes consumers on carbon credit trading, that's OK (they won't), but when they rape them on mortage based securities, that's not OK?

But enough about this.

I dunno.

Ask the bond traders, equity traders, and bankers when they went, hat in hand to congress, asking for multiple bailouts after their screwups.

Or try asking defense contractors when they beg for huge paychecks for worthless systems.

Or how about agribusiness and their subsidies.

Or how about just about every other large corporation in this country that feeds like pigs at the government trough.

You mean the best justification for what you take are others, who you, yourself contend take what is not theirs?

That is a major difference in a classical liberal and a progressive

is that what they're telling you?

I am surrounded by classical liberals and progressives, and they argue that point many times. Especially the classical liberals who work hard for a living who have their paychecks raped by taxation.

Fiddlesticks. You think you live in opposition to what you THINK conservatives think of liberals.

But conservatives recognize liberals as:

Elitist
Wealthy or well off
Think their birth or circumstances give them the right to decide life decisions for others
Are social conservatives, while promoting the decimation of the traditional family for more lowly citizens. In other words, hypocrites.

That's a typical grown liberal.

I suppose actually asking different liberals what they stand for and why and taking them at their word for their own thoughts, experiences and beliefs is out of the question. Of course. Because if you don't believe omniscient YOU know their situation, thoughts, beliefs and attitudes better than they do themselves what basis would you have to demonize them? You might even *gasp* have to think about your own beliefs and why you hold them. Or even *gulp* admit they're not all bad....or all wrong.

Can't be having that.

It's not just you. But it's epidemic....and I'll be the first to say not on just one side. Rdean comes to mind as a liberal who parrots your and your compatriots' philosophy of political debate. Very similar styles, identical results.

My sister is a registered democrat. Not liberal, never liberal. But she is absolutely conservative, and works to change the party from within.

But the truth of the matter is, I'm a middle aged adult and my experience with the left has shown me that for the most part, my stereotype is true. That's how I came to develop that stereotype. From repeatedly interacting with libs.

Of course. Interacting with them and applying your "completely unbiased" observational skills, I'm sure. :lol:

How about your unbiased listening skills? Telling somebody you don't know from Adam who just gave you a list of things they stand for "fiddlesticks" doesn't exactly speak much for your capability in that department, does it? Neither does....lecturing people on what THEY think rather than asking.

No arrogance, closed mindedness, prejudice or judgmentalism there, none at all.

And yes, I realize I'm wasting my time here. But it's my time to waste. :D

That is a major difference in a classical liberal and a progressive

I am surrounded by classical liberals and progressives, and they argue that point many times. Especially the classical liberals who work hard for a living who have their paychecks raped by taxation.

I will agree there is a difference between progressivism and liberalism. What I disagree with is the widespread mischaracterization of "classical liberals" as basically the equivalent of conservatives. If anything, they are more akin to libertarians - not modern Libertarian Party reactionaries but true libertarians.

A propaganda campaign to redefine words does not change their actual definitions.

I will agree there is a difference between progressivism and liberalism. What I disagree with is the widespread mischaracterization of "classical liberals" as basically the equivalent of conservatives. If anything, they are more akin to libertarians - not modern Libertarian Party reactionaries but true libertarians.

A propaganda campaign to redefine words does not change their actual definitions.

basically, their effort has been to pretend everything negative is "liberal" and everything good is somehow "conservative".

interestingly, the facts aren't with them on that. by definition, no problem is ever solved by "conservatism".

we own our home outright, i am now a stay at home, homemaker for the hubby and me, I am Religious/Christian, I have zero debt, owe no one for anything, own car outright as well....responsible, law abiding, self sufficient adult!

I am ALL that conservatives say liberals are not! YET, I am and will forever be, liberal.

just sayin' :D
:clap2:

Love the spin that followed your post from the usual suspects.

Can't be having that.

Of course. Interacting with them and applying your "completely unbiased" observational skills, I'm sure. :lol:

How about your unbiased listening skills? Telling somebody you don't know from Adam who just gave you a list of things they stand for "fiddlesticks" doesn't exactly speak much for your capability in that department, does it? Neither does....lecturing people on what THEY think rather than asking.

No arrogance, closed mindedness, prejudice or judgmentalism there, none at all.

And yes, I realize I'm wasting my time here. But it's my time to waste. :D

:eusa_eh:

basically, their effort has been to pretend everything negative is "liberal" and everything good is somehow "conservative".

interestingly, the facts aren't with them on that. by definition, no problem is ever solved by "conservatism".

I would disagree that "no" problems can be solved by conservatism. There are some conservative positions I back, even though I'm liberal overall. But the whole propaganda campaign over words would be laughable if so many people didn't swallow it hook, line and sinker.

Actually, Classical Liberals are more conservative than they are progressive. Hence, you will rarely see me berate liberals - but I will happily berate the left.

Our major issue these days is that the progressive agenda has muddied the waters so much that it is now difficult for Liberals to identify themselves as Liberals without falling into the progressive agenda. Kennedy was a Classical Liberal. I am quite a Classical Liberal, yet I am also very conservative. What I am not - I am not a Democrat, or a Republican.

Actually "Classical Liberal" is a made up Conservative term used to try to squeeze into a club, they never belong too.

Liberals are Liberals. Conservatives have been denigrating the term for quite some time now. They don't get to own it by making things up.

:lol:
Actually "Classical Liberal" is a made up Conservative term used to try to squeeze into a club, they never belong too.

Liberals are Liberals. Conservatives have been denigrating the term for quite some time now. They don't get to own it by making things up.[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: cry us a fucking river whydoncha,, make a cup o tea whydonchya. you fat assed hypocrite.

:lol:

Liberals are Liberals. Conservatives have been denigrating the term for quite some time now. They don't get to own it by making things up.[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: cry us a fucking river whydoncha,, make a cup o tea whydonchya. you fat assed hypocrite.

Cry?

Sorry luv..no time for that.

And do put down that doughnut. Why don't ya try a jog..or two.

Do ya a world of good.

Forum List

Back