I am a liberal....

i know for a fact..no link..that conservatives eat little kittens....no link but i got pictures

george-bush-eats-a-kitten.jpg

we own our home outright, i am now a stay at home, homemaker for the hubby and me, I am Religious/Christian, I have zero debt, owe no one for anything, own car outright as well....responsible, law abiding, self sufficient adult!

I am ALL that conservatives say liberals are not! YET, I am and will forever be, liberal.

just sayin' :D

I have 35% equity in my home......married, 2 kids, one of each, turned out well.........I work, I am a lapsed Roman Catholic
( but I pray every night)......I have relatively little debt., I have guns, am a law abiding citizen, a 2 service wounded veteran.

I am pretty much all that con/reps are and don't see much of a change coming unless the name becomes useless as it doesn't fit any longer ( *ahem* C4U).....

yet having voted in every presidential election available to me, (since the 70's) I have only voted for a republican candidate 4 times.......just sayin'.

;)

Last edited:
not to be a pedant, but i'd actually go further and say the founding fathers were radicals since they believed in armed resolution of their conflict.

but you're correct... if they'd been conservative, they'd have been Tories.

No, trust me, they were simply traitors. Nothing more, nothing less.

the difference between a traitor and a founding father....

whether they win or lose.

no question they'd have been hung as traitors had they lost.

Hung, drawn and quartered, one would hope.

And they weren't founding fathers. They were English peasants mislead by ungrateful, belligerent Irishmen.

To quote one's self, "nothing more, nothing less."

we own our home outright, i am now a stay at home, homemaker for the hubby and me, I am Religious/Christian, I have zero debt, owe no one for anything, own car outright as well....responsible, law abiding, self sufficient adult!

I am ALL that conservatives say liberals are not! YET, I am and will forever be, liberal.

Yep, your a Classical Liberal. Unfortunately, for you, your label has been hijacked by progressive leftists. Their agenda is not your agenda.
Yeah, and hopefully some of these fools will actually be able to figure it out.

I don't think it matters. We're in an era where everything is subjective, words have no meaning anymore.

you sound pretty fair and balanced to me. :eusa_whistle:

I have 35% equity in my home......married, 2 kids, one of each, turned out well.........I work, I am a lapsed Roman Catholic
( but I pray every night)......I have relatively little debt., I have guns, am a law abiding citizen, a 2 service wounded veteran.

I am pretty much all that con/reps are and don't see much of a change coming unless the name becomes useless as it doesn't fit any longer ( *ahem* C4U).....

yet having voted in every presidential election available to me, (since the 70's) I have only voted for a republican candidate 4 times.......just sayin'.

;)

My husband has voted his entire life and has voted for R presidents for the most part, except twice....2 times he has voted for democratic presidents.

Me, not so much....I ignored politics for 20 years, voted for president only once during that period, only started to pay attention to politics closely, after I quit working and decided to be a 'home maker'....before that, I was blissfully ignorant regarding politics....sure I could have told ya who was president and general things going on in the country or world, but I really was just too damn busy with my career and with being a wife to even KNOW that republicans and democrats hated eachother! :D

And, I forgot to mention, my husband served in the military and is a Disabled Veteran, and my father served in the Air Force for 22 years...enlisted man that made it to the top of his ladder, CMSgt............. more things that aren't usually associated with being a liberal by conservatives!

i didn't say there is no place for conservatives. and, in fact, i do think the middle should balance the extremes. but, by definition being conservative means wanting to keep things the same. liberal means wanting to move things forward. reactionary, which is what most of the pretend conservatives on the board really are, is an effort to return to former times...and an hysteria about change.

If our founding fathers had been conservative we would still belong to England.
They were in fact progressive liberals.
By the true definition, not the popular definitions spewed by todays pundits.

not to be a pedant, but i'd actually go further and say the founding fathers were radicals since they believed in armed resolution of their conflict.

but you're correct... if they'd been conservative, they'd have been Tories.

ya know, i'm not certain i agree with that jillian...even though i admit i am really lacking in my knowledge of American History....

But after recently reading the full Declaration of independence, it seems to me that our founders tried and tried and tried in a peaceful manner with King George to address the grievances they had with the Tyrant king and the treatment they were given got even worse....

it was AFTER they tried peaceful means, years of trying peaceful, legitimate means, before they decided to revolt....at least from the way the Declaration reads to me!

JFK was a liberal too...My how far they've fallen

[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AAEp0J_hzU"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AAEp0J_hzU[/ame]

you should donate all that to the homless ..... :lol:

are you pro abortion....anti death penalty.....is your car a prius.....

Hung, drawn and quartered, one would hope.

And they weren't founding fathers. They were English peasants mislead by ungrateful, belligerent Irishmen.

To quote one's self, "nothing more, nothing less."

Thanks to the fates for them. Else we'd be eating really crappy no flavor boiled food, drinking warm stale beer and singing some really off key lager lout drinking songs.

Forum List

Back