I Am A Grownup...

If you cuss in front of your kids, then no, you are not grownup. The rest of your post sounds like some zitface in his mom's basement trying to sound tough.
Why? Should we raise out kids in some "reality-free, safety bubble" so that when they get out into the "Real World" they are completely unprepared for what's there? Sorry. I raised my son to understand that words are just words, and only have the power that we choose to give to them. However, he was also taught that, as a child, there were simply some words that he wasn't old enough to handle.

As to the rest of your post, if I sound so irrelevant why ever would you waste your time replying? You're one of those contentious fucks that just loves to pick useless fights for the sake of fighting, aren't you? :poke:

If you cuss in front of your kids, then no, you are not grownup. The rest of your post sounds like some zitface in his mom's basement trying to sound tough.

And this is the way to respond to newbies in USMB? Really?
Oh! I'm glad he did, Stat. I'm rather happy to know, right out the gate, who the fucktards are. That makes it easy to know who to just point, and laugh at whenever they post, moving forward.

What? You told me that I should swear because men would find me more attractive . . . basically. Then you have the nerve to lecture someone else? Good Lord.

First of all, that is a douchebag thing to say to someone, that if they should act like another person because you find that person attractive. It's weird too.

What? You told me that I should swear because men would find me more attractive . . . basically. Then you have the nerve to lecture someone else? Good Lord.

First of all, that is a douchebag thing to say to someone, that if they should act like another person because you find that person attractive. It's weird too.
No. I think he was referring to that Iceweasel cat, Chris. His very first post to me was an insult an an attack. :)

No. I think he was referring to that Iceweasel cat, Chris. His very first post to me was an insult an an attack. :)

Perhaps so, but it still doesn't change the fact that it was a weird thing to say, that I should swear because he is attracted to some woman (who I don't even know) who swears. :lol: What kind of person would say something like that to another person they barely know? If he is attracted to women who talk like truck drivers, then that's fine, but he shouldn't tell me that it would "get me more attention from men" if I swore more often . . . it's strange.
Perhaps those are not the kind of men I want to attract?

I was only joking with you, but what I'm trying to figure out is why is cussing okay but "libtard/repuklican," etc. not okay by your personal standards, and why should anyone care about your personal standards? Do you think people are going to be "hurt" if you put them on ignore?

AND . . . what makes you think that cussing is "grown-up" behavior anyway?

It's like you say, "hey, tolerate me and my cussing, but I won't tolerate you saying negative things about political parties." Interesting.
Because grownups swear. You hit your hand with a hammer, and you yell "Fuck!" We feel like an idiot, and just say , "Well, fuck me," We just do. Now understand, I also see a difference between "Well, that was fucking stupid," and "Well, fuck you!" I said I would swear - I didn't say I would swear at people,

Sophomoric name calling, on the other hand, is what five-year-olds resort to when they have lost an argument:

"well..well..well...you're just a big stinky-head poo-poo face!!!"

And, I'm sorry, I have no time, energy, nor interest in wasting my time with people who have the mentality of five-year-olds.

I hear that, but I would still argue the claim that cussing is grown-up behavior. :D I'm personally not offended by it, but I find people who have to add a swear into every sentence to be quite juvenile, like teenage boys.

I dislike both political parties, and I have no problem with degrading them and will do so. The two major parties are destroying our country and dividing us.

I personally think that swearing should be used a little like pepper in a soup..
Pretty much where I'm at. I just wanted to get it out of the way, up front, that I do swear. that way any of the nancies that are going to piss themselves over someone using "naughty words" will know what they're in for with me. :)

A well positioned swear-word can indeed be quite effective.

I was only joking with you, but what I'm trying to figure out is why is cussing okay but "libtard/repuklican," etc. not okay by your personal standards, and why should anyone care about your personal standards? Do you think people are going to be "hurt" if you put them on ignore?

It's like you say, "hey, tolerate me and my cussing, but I won't tolerate you saying negative things about political parties." Interesting.
Because grownups swear. You hit your hand with a hammer, and you yell "Fuck!" We feel like an idiot, and just say , "Well, fuck me," We just do. Now understand, I also see a difference between "Well, that was fucking stupid," and "Well, fuck you!" I said I would swear - I didn't say I would swear at people,

Sophomoric name calling, on the other hand, is what five-year-olds resort to when they have lost an argument:

And, I'm sorry, I have no time, energy, nor interest in wasting my time with people who have the mentality of five-year-olds.

I hear that, but I would still argue the claim that cussing is grown-up behavior. :D I'm personally not offended by it, but I find people who have to add a swear into every sentence to be quite juvenile, like teenage boys.

I dislike both political parties, and I have no problem with degrading them and will do so. The two major parties are destroying our country and dividing us.

I personally think that swearing should be used a little like pepper in a soup..

I cuss too sometimes! I try not to though because it isn't very lady like. :D

Oh, I dunno. I find that a fine lady who can drop the occasional bomb can be quite the turn-on. Just ask @Sherry - she is a master at getting guys' attention!!! :D

I confess to having a potty mouth at times.:redface: I rarely throw the first punch, but if someone wants to start shit with me, I sort of enjoy the dance.;)

Welcome to the fray, farkface! You will find that you are allowed your full range of expression in most sections of this site. But as Stat said, we might want to watch it in this one . ..

Heya. Just wanted to introduce myself, and give fair warning right off the bat. I. Am. A. Grownup. Which means I fuck. I shit. I damn. In short, I swear. So, if there is anyone on this forum who have delicate little virgin eyes that are going to bleed, and explode when they read "naughty words", then I'm probably not gonna be the guy you wanna debate with. I don't censor myself for my kids. I don't censor myself for my wife. Hell! I don't censor myself for my own fucking mother! So why the fuck would I censor myself for a bunch of anonymous forum posters that I do not know, and will never met.

That being said, I love a good healthy debate, but I promise you that sophomoric labeling like "libtard", or "rethuglican" will result in nothing but being ignored by me. If you have such a low opinion of the opposition that you are incapable of refraining from such sophomoric invectives, then, in my opinion, you have nothing of value to add to the conversation.

So...that's me. ...yay...:tinfoil:
so let me see if I understand

You say fuck in front of your mom and kids and, to you, that adult conduct
but
if someone says rethug or libturd, that's sophomoric

It's nice when the double standard hypocrites let us know from the jump.

An over abundant use of swear words is usually the result of someone who feels their opinions are not receiving the proper amount of attention or limited in their vocabulary. Which is your malfunction?

NO, that is not what I said. Go read again, this time for context.

I Am A Grownup... US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Heya. Just wanted to introduce myself, and give fair warning right off the bat. I. Am. A. Grownup. Which means I fuck. I shit. I damn. In short, I swear. So, if there is anyone on this forum who have delicate little virgin eyes that are going to bleed, and explode when they read "naughty words", then I'm probably not gonna be the guy you wanna debate with. I don't censor myself for my kids. I don't censor myself for my wife. Hell! I don't censor myself for my own fucking mother! So why the fuck would I censor myself for a bunch of anonymous forum posters that I do not know, and will never met.

That being said, I love a good healthy debate, but I promise you that sophomoric labeling like "libtard", or "rethuglican" will result in nothing but being ignored by me. If you have such a low opinion of the opposition that you are incapable of refraining from such sophomoric invectives, then, in my opinion, you have nothing of value to add to the conversation.

So...that's me. ...yay...:tinfoil:

We need to hook my man here up with Lady Gunslinger.

She cuss you long time GI. Velly Hunny all night long.

Heya. Just wanted to introduce myself, and give fair warning right off the bat. I. Am. A. Grownup. Which means I fuck. I shit.

Stopped reading there. We're all aware of adult bodily functions; there's no need to explain them with an essay.

That said, welcome.

Pretty much where I'm at. I just wanted to get it out of the way, up front, that I do swear. that way any of the nancies that are going to piss themselves over someone using "naughty words" will know what they're in for with me. :)

A well positioned swear-word can indeed be quite effective.

I cuss too sometimes! I try not to though because it isn't very lady like. :D

Oh, I dunno. I find that a fine lady who can drop the occasional bomb can be quite the turn-on. Just ask @Sherry - she is a master at getting guys' attention!!! :D

Let me fix you up on a blind date.

Forum List

Back