i am a genius

Borat

Rookie
Oct 27, 2009
i figured out how to pay for health care

CALORIE TAX !

let the fatties who like cheesecake and popcorn finance their own bypass surgeries and foot amputations !

How about we just leave the government out of it and have everyone take care of themselves?

• Banned
But ultimately we still need a calorie tax.

Because we will always be a diseased nation as long as soda is cheaper than mineral water, sausage is cheaper than meat, chips are cheaper than salad etc.

90% of people are simply too dumb to think about what they eat.

the revenue from calorie tax can be used to fund a food stamp program for the poor for example.

i would also tax sugar & corn syrup at 2X calories.

• Banned
Alternatively if you are ideologically opposed to taxing we can simply set a MINIMUM PRICE for food in terms of calories.

Use healthy food like lean cuts of meat and fresh vegetables as a baseline and enforce that junk food like Ice Cream is no cheaper calorie-for-calorie.

Otherwise the temptation to consume shit like Soda, Ice Cream and Potato Chips is simply too great.

When a person gets sick, unless that person dies one way or the other somebody will end up paying for it. And even if the person dies somebody will end up paying for it. Therefore we're better off keeping people healthy EVEN IF the government is completely out of health insurance business.

And today we have a society where the fattest people are the ones who can't afford to pay for their health care. They get this way because junk food is too cheap.

Last edited:
  • Banned
and one more thing - no more food stamps for people who are fat.

I was just going to say that. Many obese people don't pay taxes; nor do they pay for healthcare. Working people would pick up the tab. My idea is public superstores where welfare recipients can get healthy food and school supplies and clothing for their kids. No more cash for liquor, cigs, hair weaves, or Doritos.

A junk food tax might not be such a bad idea.

Of course, then we have to agree on what junk food is, too.

And the nanny staters show up again.

How about an 'air tax' if you have big lungs?

Better yet, an ugly tax on everyone that gets plastic surgury.

Over weight people often suffer from a number of mental disorders and you assholes want to punish them further.

I shit on everyone of you that think this asshole has a good idea.

I'm in agreement with Xenophon. But we have to come up with the money somewhere. The union bribe just cost $60 billion.

I like my idea of reducing welfare waste. I would also be in favor of cutting off free cable. Too much TV can make people lazy. And obese.

Forum List

Back