I am a decorator's nightmare

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
Okay, I have long accepted that I don't have a whole lot of fashion sense about what looks good on me, and I suspect my decorator talents aren't a whole lot better. My philosophy on decorating:

1. It is supposed to be functional but is difficult to use, out it goes.
2. I like comfortable surroundings and comfortable colors
3. Pretty things are great if they don't need much dusting
4. Who cares if it matches if it is useful?

As a result, I figure any decorator would start by throwing everything out of my house.

BUT....what about this place? Pleasing to the eye? Functional? Horrendous? What do you think. (Hint: It's for sale):

rush-limbaugh-apartment.jpg

rush2.jpg

rush-limbaugh-can.jpg

rush5.jpg

rush6.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, I have long accepted that I don't have a whole lot of fashion sense about what looks good on me, and I suspect my decorator talents aren't a whole lot better. My philosophy on decorating:

1. It is supposed to be functional but is difficult to use, out it goes.
2. I like comfortable surroundings and comfortable colors
3. Pretty things are great if they don't need much dusting
4. Who cares if it matches if it is useful?

As a result, I figure any decorator would start by throwing everything out of my house.

BUT....what about this place? Pleasing to the eye? Functional? Horrendous? What do you think. (Hint: It's for sale):

rush-limbaugh-apartment.jpg

rush2.jpg

rush-limbaugh-can.jpg

rush5.jpg

rush6.jpg

Like #1, HATE #2, LOVE #3. I have no idea what that makes me. :D

Great if you're into French provincial.

(I'm not. It's God awful ugly.)

This is kinda cool though.

Wh_rotun.jpg

Oh. You added more.. Or they just didn't show up for me. I hate the blue bedroom thingy. Everything else I like, and the bathroom I LOVE. I could soak for weeks in that tub. :D

Oh. You added more.. Or they just didn't show up for me. I hate the blue bedroom thingy. Everything else I like, and the bathroom I LOVE. I could soak for weeks in that tub. :D

That's kind of where I am too Dis. The living room isn't me at all. I don't really mind the blue room as a guest room, but wouldn't want it as the one I use daily. The rest I thought really pretty and incredible views from every room.

But like our friend here who doesn't like French provincial--is that what that stuff is?--this has gotten a lot of really negative reviews. So I'm wondering what's wrong with my tastes?

That's kind of where I am too Dis. The living room isn't me at all. I don't really mind the blue room as a guest room, but wouldn't want it as the one I use daily. The rest I thought really pretty and incredible views from every room.

But like our friend here who doesn't like French provincial--is that what that stuff is?--this has gotten a lot of really negative reviews. So I'm wondering what's wrong with my tastes?

It's not an acquired taste.. You either like it, or you don't - end of story. For most people, it's too busy, or they feel uncomfortable in it. Me, I'm all about beautiful things.

all the rooms but the bathroom gives me a claustrophobic feel too it...and yes the french/modern they were going for didn't work for me.

They need to change the TV out to a flat panel, and bring in some more organics in the bathroom.

Hate them all - the Marie Antoinette wanna be look does nothing for me.

I like the features and layout of the bathroom, but not the decor or the woodwork.

When I have to leave town, and spend any time in a hotel, that's the type I'm looking for. Normal hotel rooms give me the heebiie-jeebies...

I like the contemporary look - ala W Hotel.

If I walked into that living room, I would probably crash into that Mirror trying to take a seat on the "RIGHT" side of the room. LMAO

When I have to leave town, and spend any time in a hotel, that's the type I'm looking for. Normal hotel rooms give me the heebiie-jeebies...

Gee Dis, me too. I'm beginning to think we were separated at birth. :)

I want gaudy and embellished and something 'special' in my hotel room--something that I would never decorate with at home.

And while I like looking at the decorator's masterpiece here, it just doesn't look that comfortable to me. I prefer more casual--something you can just crash and sink into without worrying about mussing something up.

I could live with that bathroom as is though. I like the idea of soaking in a bubble bath while watching my favorite television program.

The other stuff you guys are posting is pleasing to the eye too. But I can't see myself living in it. Maybe you have to be there?

I want to live in Falling Water when I grow up.

:)

Forum List

Back