I am a bit confused....Please help

Oldandtired

Rookie
Aug 17, 2009
Long Island
I just heard that Gibbs told the press corp that President Obama is going to work with the republicans on the health care legislation.

Great to hear.

But I am confused. According to the vocal left, Obama, Gibbs, Pelosi, Reid, Schumer, etc.etc.etc, they always WANTED to work with the republicans but the republicans were strictly obstructionists that wanted the status quo and refused to work with the democrats.

So I am confused. Why do they believe the republicans will want to work with him now...especially seeing as they have even less reason to have to.

Or were the left, Obama, Gibbs, Pelosi, Reid, Schumer, erc., etc., etc full of crap and lying to the American people when they said they wanted to work with them, but they refused.

The answer is B. They are lying about trying to work with the GOP. You can tell they were lying.... their mouths were moving.

The answer is B. They are lying about trying to work with the GOP. You can tell they were lying.... their mouths were moving.

LMAO....

And yes....they were lying for political gain. Only the left believed the rhetoric.

The left still believe Obama is the Messiah and walks on water. If he could turn water into wine, he could get the economy moving again.... but sadly, apparently, he is just a man. Shocking, isn't it.

I just heard that Gibbs told the press corp that President Obama is going to work with the republicans on the health care legislation.

Great to hear.

But I am confused. According to the vocal left, Obama, Gibbs, Pelosi, Reid, Schumer, etc.etc.etc, they always WANTED to work with the republicans but the republicans were strictly obstructionists that wanted the status quo and refused to work with the democrats.

So I am confused. Why do they believe the republicans will want to work with him now...especially seeing as they have even less reason to have to.

Or were the left, Obama, Gibbs, Pelosi, Reid, Schumer, erc., etc., etc full of crap and lying to the American people when they said they wanted to work with them, but they refused.

Not liking or accepting the things that were being offered by the Democrats doesn't mean the Republicans won't work with the Democrats. As I understand it, the Democrats didn't like or want any of the stuff the Republicans had to suggest so like little kids on the playground, they said "play my way or you can't play." In simpler terms, the Democrats shut the Republicans out of the Health Care Reform bill-writing procedure simply because the Republicans wouldn't play their way. I think everybody in the United States would like Health Care Reform BUT the big difference is the majority of Americans want something that is realistic and that can be paid for without running up the debt like the Democrats are so determined to do.

I just suggested on another thread - DO IT PIECEMEAL! There are several issues that we can all agree on. Do the easy shit first and then they can all pat themselves on the back. And it won't cost $3 trillion.

I could be wrong, but i think it probably went something like this:

Dem: Hey Repubs. Here's what we're going with. Want to put your name on it?

Repub: No, this bill is crap.

Dem: Ok obstructionist, we'll do it without you.

I believe they are reluctant to pass a health-care bill with no Republican support. They don't want to be the sole owners of something with the potential to turn into a huge debacle. Sure, they give every appearance of wanting to do so, of moving forward with it, but they have really done nothing beyond making threats to get it passed. I am of the opinion that they realize if the bill has only the support of Democrats and it turns out to be FUBAR, it will be the end of the Democratic party for years to come.

I could be wrong, but i think it probably went something like this:

Dem: Hey Repubs. Here's what we're going with. Want to put your name on it?

Repub: No, this bill is crap.

Dem: Ok obstructionist, we'll do it without you.
Very good. I think you have the lingo down.

I just suggested on another thread - DO IT PIECEMEAL! There are several issues that we can all agree on. Do the easy shit first and then they can all pat themselves on the back. And it won't cost $3 trillion.

As did I. Put up the popular elements first with nowhere for the Republicans to hide.

Funny, funny thread......:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

WHat I find funny is how Obama is saying that he will NOW work with the republicans.

Yet he said he was trying to work with them all along.

ANd the media?

Dumb stare and said "you are a good man Mr. President"

Would love one reporter....just one.....say...

"But Mr. President. What makes you think they will work with you now since you told all of us they refused to work with you before"

But no...they all sat there and shook their heads with approval...sort of like they were saying

"thank God for the Messiah. He will force those republicans to help the people"

It is pathetic how the left and the media simply fawn over the guy...even now....a year later.

I believe they are reluctant to pass a health-care bill with no Republican support. They don't want to be the sole owners of something with the potential to turn into a huge debacle. Sure, they give every appearance of wanting to do so, of moving forward with it, but they have really done nothing beyond making threats to get it passed. I am of the opinion that they realize if the bill has only the support of Democrats and it turns out to be FUBAR, it will be the end of the Democratic party for years to come.
Right, which leads me to believe that they know this bill is shit, at least as it concerns many tax paying citizens. If this bill was the panacea that will turn the U.S. into a health care utopia, they would be more than eager to be able to stand on a mountaintop with 1,000 bull horns strung together saying "we, the democrats, did this for you, and the republicans wanted to deny you this heaven on earth!"

Great to hear.

It's polly anna.....pie in the sky.....wishful thinking..... the Repugs would never settle for a single slice, they want the entire cake.

WHat I find funny is how Obama is saying that he will NOW work with the republicans.

ANd the media?

"But Mr. President. What makes you think they will work with you now since you told all of us they refused to work with you before"

But no...they all sat there and shook their heads with approval...sort of like they were saying

It is pathetic how the left and the media simply fawn over the guy...even now....a year later.

He passed the stimulus with Republican support.

Great to hear.

It's polly anna.....pie in the sky.....wishful thinking..... the Repugs would never settle for a single slice, they want the entire cake.

There ya go.
Well done.
Looking like a hack.
Excellente'.

ANd the media?

He passed the stimulus with Republican support.

LMAO...
If you say so.
I call it working with one republican.....not working with republicans.
But if you feel that was truly bi-partisan.....so be it.
If the stimulus worked, you would say..."see? And we did it without the republicans"

Forum List

Back