"I ain't no Punk!"- Going Out in a blaze of Glory!!!

hylandrdet

Oct 5, 2004
Tennessee
When I think of Scarface, I can't get that last scene out of my mind!

With that in mind, give me your input...

Tell me your most favorite movie scene, in which the character dies on his/hers' own two feet!

While you're at it, feel free to tell us who you thought went out like a punk!

Well, he was sitting down, but when Lester got shot in American Beauty, that actually moved me a lot.

yea that always bugged me when he got shot. It felt unneccessary.
I don't know, for me, I couldn't see it ending any other way. For the first time in how many years, he was finally completely happy and at ease with himself ("man, oh, man" that line always gets to me), so I was almost glad he went out on top.

Now, the original ending to that movie, that would've been horrible. In the original ending, Lester's daughter and the kid from next door are convicted of Lester's murder because neither one of them has an alibi, the cheerleader girl testifies against them, and they find the videotape from when they were talking to each other ("someone should really put him out of his misery", "I'll do it for you, for a price" etc.). It really put a sour note on the rest of the movie.

The matrix revolutions when trnity dies. I didnt see that coming and when it hit you it hurt.

Trinity and Neo's little dialogue completely ruined that scene for me.

"You can't die!"
"Yes I can."

About five people in the theater laughed loudly at that. Kinda ruined the emotion of the moment.

Dan said:
I don't know, for me, I couldn't see it ending any other way. For the first time in how many years, he was finally completely happy and at ease with himself ("man, oh, man" that line always gets to me), so I was almost glad he went out on top.

Now, the original ending to that movie, that would've been horrible. In the original ending, Lester's daughter and the kid from next door are convicted of Lester's murder because neither one of them has an alibi, the cheerleader girl testifies against them, and they find the videotape from when they were talking to each other ("someone should really put him out of his misery", "I'll do it for you, for a price" etc.). It really put a sour note on the rest of the movie.

Yea that ending would have sucked.

Trinity and Neo's little dialogue completely ruined that scene for me.

"You can't die!"
"Yes I can."

About five people in the theater laughed loudly at that. Kinda ruined the emotion of the moment.

yea i kinda ignored the dialogue and focused on the moment. this instrumental character that you grew to like by the end of the third movie had just been taken from you in an instant. After it happened i realized why it was neccessary. Neo's mindset couldnt have been any other than "I have nothing to lose now."

hylandrdet said:
When I think of Scarface, I can't get that last scene out of my mind!

With that in mind, give me your input...

Tell me your most favorite movie scene, in which the character dies on his/hers' own two feet!!
Blackhawk Down – When Randy Shughart & Gary Gordon “volunteer” to go in and protect Durant after he crashes in Mogadishu, they knew they weren’t coming out alive but went in anyway. Completely awesome, mainly because it’s true. :salute:

hylandrdet said:
While you're at it, feel free to tell us who you thought went out like a punk!
Out Like a Punk (or Punks in this case) – Thelma & Louise
What a couple of dumb-asses…the original Dumb and Dumber in my opinion.
:lame2:

insein said:
this instrumental character that you grew to like by the end of the third movie had just been taken from you in an instant. After it happened i realized why it was neccessary. Neo's mindset couldnt have been any other than "I have nothing to lose now."

I saw it a little differently.

By that point I was so sick of her and that whole movie I was glad she died.

Even her death annoyed me and seemed to drag on forever.

Now Data taking one for the team in Star Trek: Nemesis, that's a great one.

Data ain't no punk.

Also sitting down, Mr. Blue blowing away Mr. Orange, and in turn getting blown away for it.

There is of course Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid...

Billy from Predator.

Well, I was trying to be polite, but since Z went ahead and took the gloves off, I'll admit that I agree totally with him. I hated the second movie, so I didn't have high expectations for the third. It was... alright at best, but Trinity was hardly given anything to do in the last two movies other than die (twice) and change the Neo character in different ways. She was basically a walking catalyst, not really a character.

Also sitting down, Mr. Blue blowing away Mr. Orange, and in turn getting blown away for it.

Mr. White killed Mr. Orange, man, c'mon, Mr. White was the coolest-sounding name in the movie!

That movie was full of guys getting blown right off their feet.

Dan said:
Mr. White killed Mr. Orange, man, c'mon, Mr. White was the coolest-sounding name in the movie!

That movie was full of guys getting blown right off their feet.

Unforgivable. It was Mr. White. I can't believe I messed that up.

Blue was Madsen.

I'm pathetic.

insein said:
i never watched nemesis all the way through. Now that you say this to me i must. Data dies?!?!

No.....Data's fine.....he lives.....

drowe said:
Blackhawk Down – When Randy Shughart & Gary Gordon “volunteer” to go in and protect Durant after he crashes in Mogadishu, they knew they weren’t coming out alive but went in anyway. Completely awesome, mainly because it’s true. :salute:

i cry every time i watch that movie....

Zhukov said:

Now Data taking one for the team in Star Trek: Nemesis, that's a great one.

Data ain't no punk.

There is of course Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid...

Billy from Predator.

Billy from Predator was a classic; he looked so brave; pulling out his knife and cutting his chest ro reveil his location in order to face the alien. So brave, so bold!!! SO QUICK TO GET HIS ASS KICKED!!!...PUNK!!! :rotflmao:

hylandrdet said:
Billy from Predator was a classic; he looked so brave; pulling out his knife and cutting his chest ro reveil his location in order to face the alien. So brave, so bold!!! SO QUICK TO GET HIS ASS KICKED!!!...PUNK!!! :rotflmao:

I always thought about that. The predator valued his skull over the others too. I guess because the prey decided to fight him head on instead of running away. He didnt go out like a punk. He was simply overmatched and out of his league.

hylandrdet said:

I'd like to see how long you'd last against a 9 foot 600 pound invisible alien with a shoulder mounted plasma cannon.

We can't all be Arnold.

Unforgivable. It was Mr. White. I can't believe I messed that up.

Blue was Madsen.

I'm pathetic.

Pathetic, indeed!!! Nah, I'm just messing with you. But Michael Madsen was Mr. Blonde.

Mr. Blue was the redneck (I forget his name) that is only in the diner scene and the naming scene. He really only had one memorable line:

Mr. Pink: This girl was alright, nothing special.
Mr. Blue: What's special, take ya in the back and suck your dick?

But, yeah, he dies offscreen during the robbery.

Mini-poll: who was your favorite in that movie? I liked Mr. Orange a lot, I thought he was a really well-written character. And, even though he is a total psycho, I liked Mr. Blonde. And you gotta respect Buscemi in anything he does.

Dan said:
Mini-poll: who was your favorite in that movie? I liked Mr. Orange a lot, I thought he was a really well-written character. And, even though he is a total psycho, I liked Mr. Blonde. And you gotta respect Buscemi in anything he does.

Madsen was blonde....god it's been too long since I've seen that movie I think.

I was sure Madsen was blue. Oh well.

Anyway, Harvey Keitel would be my favorite.

Zhukov said:
I'd like to see how long you'd last against a 9 foot 600 pound invisible alien with a shoulder mounted plasma cannon.

We can't all be Arnold.

Most important, we all don't have script writers that will guarantee a win! I could understand your argument had Billy put a couple of scratches on him before he got killed, but he didn't.

If I'm going to put a "I'm no punk" label on a "Predator" fallen character, it has to be Carl Weather's character. Sure, his character was an asshole, but he was the only one who'd saw the Predator coming at him; therefore, he knew he had no chance, yet he stuck it out. Well, at least he'd lasted longer than Billy!

hylandrdet said:
Most important, we all don't have script writers that will guarantee a win! I could understand your argument had Billy put a couple of scratches on him before he got killed, but he didn't.

If I'm going to put a "I'm no punk" label on a "Predator" fallen character, it has to be Carl Weather's character. Sure, his character was an asshole, but he was the only one who'd saw the Predator coming at him; therefore, he knew he had no chance, yet he stuck it out. Well, at least he'd lasted longer than Billy!

We never really saw the fight with Billy though. So we don't know how it went down. Billy could have stood toe to toe and maybe got a shot or 2 in before his eventual demise. But he definitely wasnt a punk.

insein said:
We never really saw the fight with Billy though. So we don't know how it went down. Billy could have stood toe to toe and maybe got a shot or 2 in before his eventual demise. But he definitely wasnt a punk.

Fair enough. Well, at least he didn't go out like Ned Beatty in Deliverance.

Forum List

Back