I agree with this

I'm having a bit of a hard time feeling the pain these poor musicians go through when on the same page there is this:

Madonna named as music's richest female
8:43AM Thursday January 31, 2008

Madonna made US$72 million between June 2006 and June 2007.

Madonna has been named the highest-earning woman in music by Forbes.com.

The 49-year-old singer has topped the first Cash Queens of Music list, compiled by Forbes.com, after raking in $72 million (NZ$91.4m) between June 2006 and June 2007.

The Hung Up singer's personal fortune was boosted by her successful 'Confessions Tour', which generated a staggering $260 million worldwide.

I'm having a bit of a hard time feeling the pain these poor musicians go through when on the same page there is this:

Madonna named as music's richest female
8:43AM Thursday January 31, 2008

Madonna made US$72 million between June 2006 and June 2007.

Madonna has been named the highest-earning woman in music by Forbes.com.

The 49-year-old singer has topped the first Cash Queens of Music list, compiled by Forbes.com, after raking in $72 million (NZ$91.4m) between June 2006 and June 2007.

The Hung Up singer's personal fortune was boosted by her successful 'Confessions Tour', which generated a staggering $260 million worldwide.

Wow Midcan, for once I agree with you. Just how are the isps supposed to determine the difference between a music download and some other kind of down load. I think it puts way too much censoring power to a commercial entity. I don't think that a few bad apples in this basket deserve to ruin the whole basket. Poor Rich musicians...I'm really sorry that all the piracy going on takes away the ability of bonno or Madona to buy a new Lamborgini or porsche...I say tough beans. Let them lump life with the rest of us. I had all my tools stolen out of the back of my truck, about $5,000 worth once. Do you think Bonno or Madona give a shit...NO! All they have to do is make their cd's un-crackable.

After giving this more consideration perhaps it is a moral concern. Its not like Madona is an upstanding moral and ethical person and yet piracy could cost the jobs of floor sweepers at Best buy and other retailers. It is a definate trickle down effect. However, I do not believe the answer lies on giving the ISPS censoring ability from one computer to another. I believe the burden lies with the Label and manufacturer to make the cd's un-crackable...You never hear Billy Graham or John Hagee or any of those persons complaining about illegal downloads or asking the ISPS to stop it, WHY? because people that want to listen to their message usually won't steal it! I wonder why that is???

music theft is the best thing that ever happened to music and creativity
as a independent artist you just want to be heard .before you where required to have a label and sell millions to succeed in music and it was total corporate control of what you got to hear and if you couldn't sell millions of copy's you could barely survive as a musician...now you can get your music heard ,you can then sell Cd's at live shows ,t-shirts etc ,ticket sales if you can sell 20-30000 copy's and merch..you have a living for 3-4 musicians and there family's..and a much more diverse and creative music scene...fuck the rock stars

Forum List

Back