I Agree With This, Literally

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Sharon is going back on his word.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/web..._of_Thousands_Protest_Gaza_Disengagement&only

Tens of Thousands Protest Gaza Disengagement

The Gaza disengagement plan is tearing Israel apart. It’s a heartbreakingly difficult issue for me to cover because I can see powerful arguments on both sides (as well as transgressions on both sides), and I can only admit I’m simply not sure whether this is ultimately the best course for Israel. But having said that, it is very troubling to see Ariel Sharon’s apparent reversal of his pledge not to withdraw under fire. If daily rocket and mortar attacks and countless attempted suicide bombings are not “fire,” what is?

Tens of thousands of Israelis are still planning to march into Gaza, and Israeli authorities are still planning to stop them.

A number of buses with anti-pullout protestors left Kfar Maimon late Wednesday and headed home but the majority of the tens of thousands demonstrators remained at the site, awaiting word from settler leaders as to their next step.

Earlier, Southern District police chief Cmdr. Uri Bar-Lev rejected the latest pleas from settler leaders to open the gates of the community and allow the right-wing activists, who have been there since Monday, to march towards Gush Katif.

Shortly before 7 p.m., an army-sized group of activists began amassing inside Kfar Maimon for the march west. However, the group did not attempt to force their way out of the community’s gates, heavily guarded by security forces.

At the helm were rabbis and heads of yeshivot, who were negotiating with police commanders at the scene, followed by the boys and then the girls, while families were bringing up the rear.

The front ranks were led by MKs as well as the settlement movement luminaries.

They were moving west in the opposite direction of the front gate at the entrance to Kfar Maimon, were scuffles took place in the past couple of days.

The massive orange column with rucksacks on their backs and nearly 10,000 strong, was marching and singing, joined arm in arm.

04:28 PM PDT

Kathianne said:

I have to say I disagree with Israel's appeasement of the Arabs who call themselves Palestinians. It's just going to place these Arabs closer to Israel's population, and it's really kind of obvious they aren't going to quit using terrorism. This is just getting a toe in the door from my point of view.

Hamas and Hezbollah are dedicated to the destruction of Israel, not coexistence.

Forum List

Back