I agree with the Republicans and Dissenting Democrats on this one

nodoginnafight

No Party Affiliation
Dec 15, 2008
Georgia
In terms of the Medicare funding bill - that would raise Medicare payments to doctors.

I have two objections to the bill.

First: I think was proposed as a seperate bill and not as a part of the overall healthcare reform package as a way to get around the $ limit that Obama said he endorsed for healthcare reform. I don't like end runs around issues - I like those who have the courage to tackle them head-on.

Secondly: I have to agree with Bill Nelson of Florida on THIS one: "I will vote for the doctor fix - when it is funded."

Just MHO.

Obama says we are going to CUT $500b. from Medicare. Why, oh why is the first thing we do raising medicare costs? Step up and cut Mr. Obama, then I'll reconsider my views of your "plan".

I have no strong objections to doctors being reimbursed at a fair rate - it may help keep them from refusing to see Medicare patients. But I think it needs to be considered within the context of the overall picture and we have to be able to pay for it.

Last edited:
Another of Barry's 'reforms' that is going nowhere.

You get the impression Barry couldn't pour water from a boot if the instructions where on the heel.

The healthcare Bill supposedly takes money away from Doctors seeing Medicare patients (Which would mean fewer Doctors who would accept Medicare patients) and then this Doctors Fix or Fix Doctors gives them the money back. Does Obama and his trained congress think the people are stupid? (Don't answer that, I'd be afraid of the answer)

Forum List

Back