I agree with Rush, Obama is in trouble

I'll ask you... WHO CAN'T?

According to the polls in the OP, none of them can beat Obama.

"According to the polls"... do you know how reliable those are? Would you bet your life on them? Hell polls are about as accurate as tiddly winks.

Right, I agree with you on that. So why did the OP post that poll as if it was some proof that Obama was in trouble? It doesn't add up. The polls he posted don't show trouble for Obama....hence my questioning.

Rush says Obama is in trouble?

If he didn't say that every week, Obama would be in trouble

Yea his Bin Laden Poll-Bounce was surprisingly small & brief. The People are suffering and the Bin Laden thing was probably just a brief respite & distraction from the suffering. Record Poverty and Skyrocketing Gas & Food Prices didn't die with Bin Laden. They're still here.

I was just listening to Rush and usually I do not start threads on what he says nor do I even use his information to debate an issue
However true it is, the left will ignore it

But I really think Obama is in trouble and he knows it
This A.P. approval poll told me how desperate the media was then
when you have an Avg of 43% vs the field stating they will vote Obama, well hell thats just the Dems who would vote for, well Obama
RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates
Obama cannot undo his stimulus failure
He cannot undo GM
He cannot undo his health-care/pay for it with Medicare's 500 billion

The poll tells me that he is in trouble
the direction of the country states the same

According to your data the only poll that had the Republicans up by just one point was taken between 3/22 - 3/28 with a 2069 RV sample. The RvD average was 5.8 points for Obama.... How is that trouble?

Who's running against him? How did the debates between Obama and the republican candidate turn out? What's the unemployment rate, gas price in 01/01/2012? How the economy doing in 2012?
Sheesh....:cuckoo:

Thats my point M, its fucking pointless at this point. Acting like this info is bad for Obama is like saying "Oh fuck!!! Our galaxy is going to collide with another in 300 billion years...WE'RE DOOMED!!!!" While technically its true as we see it at this point, the people that are alive 300 Billion years from now may have a better perspective on the problem.

Elmer Fudd could beat Obama... let's recap:

$14,000,000,000,000 debt, $1,200,000,000,000 deficit, 50,000,000 unemployed, %$5 gas, inflation, 3 wars.....

Oh yeah, he's a shoe-in.

What does a poll taken in May of 2011 matter for an election in November 2012?

It doesn't. Then again, I didn't post the poll. I am asking what in that poll supports what the OP stated about Obama being in trouble.

Any time an incumbent polls under 50% they are considered vulnerable.

In their first terms...

Reagan was under 50%
Clinton was under 50%
Bush was under 50%

What does that do to your vulnerability trends?

According to your data the only poll that had the Republicans up by just one point was taken between 3/22 - 3/28 with a 2069 RV sample. The RvD average was 5.8 points for Obama.... How is that trouble?

Who's running against him? How did the debates between Obama and the republican candidate turn out? What's the unemployment rate, gas price in 01/01/2012? How the economy doing in 2012?

Thats my point M, its fucking pointless at this point. Acting like this info is bad for Obama is like saying "Oh fuck!!! Our galaxy is going to collide with another in 300 billion years...WE'RE DOOMED!!!!" While technically its true as we see it at this point, the people that are alive 300 Billion years from now may have a better perspective on the problem.

What has been stated before by Don't Taz Me Bro....any president polling in the 40% range isn't a shoe-in in the upcoming election, he is beatable. That is how it's trouble for Obama.

I'll put this out there again, for those of you so sure that "who can't beat Obama" or "elmer fudd can beat obama". Obama is hardly perfect or ideal, but I don't see any real potential candidates who can beat him.

Sooo....for those of you who are so sure that Obama will lose no matter who he is up against, let's make a wager. You get the entire GOP field, I get Obama. If I win, you ban yourself forever from this site. And if you win, I will do the same. Soggy, Pale Rider? Ready to put up?

It doesn't. Then again, I didn't post the poll. I am asking what in that poll supports what the OP stated about Obama being in trouble.

In their first terms...

Reagan was under 50%
Clinton was under 50%
Bush was under 50%

I was addressing a specific question. You'll note that I already stated that polls taken this early don't mean anything.

What does that do for your attention span?

In their first terms...

Reagan was under 50%
Clinton was under 50%
Bush was under 50%

I was addressing a specific question. You'll note that I already stated that polls taken this early don't mean anything.

So your statement basically boils down to..."all incumbents are vulnerable". Got it.

I was just listening to Rush and usually I do not start threads on what he says nor do I even use his information to debate an issue
However true it is, the left will ignore it

But I really think Obama is in trouble and he knows it
This A.P. approval poll told me how desperate the media was then
when you have an Avg of 43% vs the field stating they will vote Obama, well hell thats just the Dems who would vote for, well Obama
RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates
Obama cannot undo his stimulus failure
He cannot undo GM
He cannot undo his health-care/pay for it with Medicare's 500 billion

The poll tells me that he is in trouble
the direction of the country states the same
rush ? the junkie that swore he'
ed leave the country if Obama's elected ? where did he move to ?
my guess it were oxycontin is cheap

Yea his Bin Laden Poll-Bounce was surprisingly small & brief. The People are suffering and the Bin Laden thing was probably just a brief respite & distraction from the suffering. Record Poverty and Skyrocketing Gas & Food Prices didn't die with Bin Laden. They're still here.

This is all true, but people who were alive from 2001-2007 know that republicans aren't the ones to run to to solve those problems.

And the corporate media and the 2 parties would never let a 3rd party get any momentum, they made sure to close all those avenues after Ross Perot.

So with no 3rd party, no confidence in what the reps offer either, it saddens me to say that I see Obama winning easily again.

And we'll also see awful voter turnout, that I'm certain of.

What has been stated before by Don't Taz Me Bro....any president polling in the 40% range isn't a shoe-in in the upcoming election, he is beatable. That is how it's trouble for Obama.

Ahhhh.....Got ya, I think we are arguing about the definition of trouble. Yes, these polls show that he is beatable. They don't show that he is distinctly vulnerable either. :beer:

I'll ask again. Who will beat him?

And why does it matter what Rush says?

We really don't know that yet, do we? Not one primary has happened, and is still months away before the first one. Hold on to your panties.

I agree....Many thought Bush Sr. was unbeatable in 1992. But right now, the Republican names popping up are either unknowns or jokes. That can most certainly change.

This is all true, but people who were alive from 2001-2007 know that republicans aren't the ones to run to to solve those problems.

And the corporate media and the 2 parties would never let a 3rd party get any momentum, they made sure to close all those avenues after Ross Perot.

So with no 3rd party, no confidence in what the reps offer either, it saddens me to say that I see Obama winning easily again.

And we'll also see awful voter turnout, that I'm certain of.

The independents will be the ones who will decide the election in 2012. It won't be the base from either party.

I'll put this out there again, for those of you so sure that "who can't beat Obama" or "elmer fudd can beat obama". Obama is hardly perfect or ideal, but I don't see any real potential candidates who can beat him.

Sooo....for those of you who are so sure that Obama will lose no matter who he is up against, let's make a wager. You get the entire GOP field, I get Obama. If I win, you ban yourself forever from this site. And if you win, I will do the same. Soggy, Pale Rider? Ready to put up?

The only candidate in the field right now I see with a real chance at appeal to independents is Romney. But I think his flippy-flopping position on health care reform will probably seal his fate in the primaries. Gov Romeny and Candidate Romney seem like two different people.

I'm putting my money on a governor nobody is talking about rising up just before winter. Also keeping my eye on Herman Cain. /crystal ball

It's really a shame how the ditto-heads worship a second rate entertainer like Boss-Limbaugh.

He puts the "CON" in Pseudo-Conservative.

In their first terms...

Reagan was under 50%
Clinton was under 50%
Bush was under 50%

So your statement basically boils down to..."all incumbents are vulnerable". Got it.

Profound political analysis

Well looking at the polling numbers posted in the OP. Obama versus many of the big potential GOP names, Obama wins against every one of them. Where exactly is this trouble that he is in?

What does a poll taken in May of 2011 matter for an election in November 2012?

At this point all polls showed George HW Bush running over every opponent, including an obscure governor of Arkansas.

Forum List

Back