I Agree with Obama!

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
Holy crap, I actually agree with him.

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama said Friday that angry criticisms about his health care agenda are driven by an intense debate over the proper role of government — and not by racism.

"Are there people out there who don't like me because of race? I'm sure there are," Obama told CNN. "That's not the overriding issue here."

The nation's first black president spoke about the issue of race during a battery of interviews on Friday. In a media blitz aimed at pounding home his health care message, he taped interviews with ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and Univision to be shown during the networks' Sunday morning talk shows.

Some excerpts aired during Friday night broadcasts.

Time and again, Obama was asked about whether the tenor of the health care debate turned nasty because of undercurrents in racism. Former President Jimmy Carter raised the point prominently this week when he said the vitriol was racially motivated.

Not so, Obama said.

"There's been a long-standing debate in this country that is usually that much more fierce during times of transition, or when presidents are trying to bring about big changes," Obama told CNN.

To NBC News, Obama put it this way: "It's an argument that's gone on for the history of this republic, and that is, What's the right role of government? How do we balance freedom with our need to look out for one another? ... This is not a new argument, and it always evokes passions."

Obama said most people across the country are just trying to follow the debate and figure out how proposed changes would help them.

"Now there are some who are, setting aside the issue of race, actually I think are more passionate about the idea of whether government can do anything right," Obama said told ABC News. "And I think that that's probably the biggest driver of some of the vitriol."

Obama: Health care anger not motivated by his race - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama said Friday that angry criticisms about his health care agenda are driven by an intense debate over the proper role of government — and not by racism.

"Are there people out there who don't like me because of race? I'm sure there are," Obama told CNN. "That's not the overriding issue here."

The nation's first black president spoke about the issue of race during a battery of interviews on Friday. In a media blitz aimed at pounding home his health care message, he taped interviews with ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and Univision to be shown during the networks' Sunday morning talk shows.

Time and again, Obama was asked about whether the tenor of the health care debate turned nasty because of undercurrents in racism. Former President Jimmy Carter raised the point prominently this week when he said the vitriol was racially motivated.

Not so, Obama said.

"There's been a long-standing debate in this country that is usually that much more fierce during times of transition, or when presidents are trying to bring about big changes," Obama told CNN.

To NBC News, Obama put it this way: "It's an argument that's gone on for the history of this republic, and that is, What's the right role of government? How do we balance freedom with our need to look out for one another? ... This is not a new argument, and it always evokes passions."

Obama said most people across the country are just trying to follow the debate and figure out how proposed changes would help them.

"Now there are some who are, setting aside the issue of race, actually I think are more passionate about the idea of whether government can do anything right," Obama said told ABC News. "And I think that that's probably the biggest driver of some of the vitriol."

The one thing that I completely agreed with Obama during his many speeches over the health care issue. During last weeks congressional address--he stated: AMERICANS SHOULD BE SKEPTICAL OF THEIR GOVERNMENT:

I agree 100% with that statement--especially after we already have examples of how our federal government works.

Social security is bankrupt, Medicare is bankrupt, Medicade is bankrupt, they can't even keep the Senate cafeteria in black ink.

And of course their most recently created disaster Fannie/Freddie--which is GROUND ZERO for our current economic collapse--in which our federal government thought it would be a great idea to co-sign our names to 50% of the mortgages in this country while lowering lending requirements at the same time.

It's obvious that our federal government couldn't operate a lemonaid stand without bankrupting it.

So now you want them to take over YOUR health care?---LOL

$9-trillion-deficit.jpg

Last edited:

Not so, Obama said.

Unfortunately there are some on this forum who will not believe this, even though Obama said it. Their paradigm is: Non-liberals are racist.

I suspect there is more to this than meets the eye.
Absolutely. We saw similar tactics during the election.

The inanity of a faux-racism claim continued for over a week. Blind followers/groupies jumped on that inanity bandwagon; the opposition tried reason (rarely works with the blind); BHO finally speaks and says it is inane; and the opposition is so thankful for that affirmation. Some of the opposition may even support him in a future situation.

He does a major fuck-up elsewhere, but fewer of the opposition pay attention as they are thankful for the end of the inanity.

His poll numbers jump, for now.

I really think Obama is a white man trapped in a black body.

*Accepting the KKK award on behalf of JW Frogen is Ms. Whoopie Goldberg*

He's dead-on here. None of the real issues are anything new. It's the same debate that's been going on for more than 200 years now. Personally, I'm glad for it. It's too important an issue to take for granted. I just wish some of the tactics would change.

I agree with that statement too, as it is the truth.

However, I'm not going to be fooled by who is really dictating the race card being played. It is the Obama staffers playing backhanded politics, then sending the prince out to look and sound spotless.

Obama is too much of a control freak, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see through this smoke screen!

I suspect there is more to this than meets the eye.

What do you mean? What more could there be?

Obama knows what he is talking about - he is logical and rational. He knows, like the rest of us sane people, that Wilson did not call him a liar because he is racist. That is the most stupid argument I have ever heard in my life.

Some people who dislike Obama are racist...in fact, I think the vast minority of his opponents dislike him because of his race.

The vast majority of his opponents dislike him because of his politics. That's it. End of story.

The official word from the White House will be that race is not the driving force -polls show about 70% - 80% of Americans feel the same way so for the president to try and hop on the race card band wagon so openly would not be a prudent political move.

What he can do is have folks like Rahm make a few calls to certain media figures and state, "Push this racism play BIG TIME over the next couple of weeks."

Dimes to dollars that is exactly what has transpired regarding this issue.

Good news is, it's not working, and will likely backfire on the White House. Obama's response is a clear indicator of that...

The official word from the White House will be that race is not the driving force -polls show about 70% - 80% of Americans feel the same way so for the president to try and hop on the race card band wagon so openly would not be a prudent political move.

What he can do is have folks like Rahm make a few calls to certain media figures and state, "Push this racism play BIG TIME over the next couple of weeks."

Dimes to dollars that is exactly what has transpired regarding this issue.

Good news is, it's not working, and will likely backfire on the White House. Obama's response is a clear indicator of that...

:eek: They walk among us. AND VOTE.....

Forum List

Back