I agree with Joe Scarborough

I don't like the administration's stand on this. The issue is of course American tax dollars as the wedge. Bad decision by the government. This is what happens when state and church get involved. IMO, this is a case where the rights of the church supersede that of the state.

It looks to me like the Obama decision to force the Catholic Church to provide things against its religion is so bad only hacks can agree with it.

If you are offended by the theology of the Catholic church, then do not work for Catholic institutions.

Morning Joe blog - Scarborough, Brzezinski, Sharpton discuss Obama Catholic ruling
He's right, and there is a call for other religions to stand with the Catholics.

Looks like Obama is in for a real fight...

Morning Bell: Obamacare’s Latest Victim Is Religious Freedom

I don't like the administration's stand on this. The issue is of course American tax dollars as the wedge. Bad decision by the government. This is what happens when state and church get involved. IMO, this is a case where the rights of the church supersede that of the state.

Let's also be real clear about the 'tax dollars' on this. In healthcare, for example, yes, the Church takes medicare and medicaid. But, it also meets a huge chunk of those costs itself - me, and my fellow Catholics, fund it. We contribute $5.7 billion dollars of our own money to our hospitals - who treat anyone - and our hospitals are often in the most deprived communities in the country. Without us, the US taxpayer would be funding that $5.7 billion.

And... that's just our hospitals.... you add up the billions that we put into social care, the billions into schools, and the billions into a bunch of other stuff... pretty soon, you're looking at a lot of money.

Do Americans really want the Church to walk away from those services? And take our money with us? Huh? Do ya? It's very simple math.... either we pay for it, or the taxpayer does. We're happy to pay for it... it's our Christian duty... but.... the price of that is that the country has to defend our First Amendment Right to practice our religion - including our Christian duty to care for our fellow man.

It looks to me like the Obama decision to force the Catholic Church to provide things against its religion is so bad only hacks can agree with it.

If you are offended by the theology of the Catholic church, then do not work for Catholic institutions.

Morning Joe blog - Scarborough, Brzezinski, Sharpton discuss Obama Catholic ruling

If churches can't conduct businesses according to US law, then they should stick to the non-business realm of organized religion.

If churches can't conduct businesses according to US law, then they should stick to the non-business realm of organized religion.

You gonna pick up the tab that we'll leave if we pulled out of the massive social programs that we fund?

He's right, and there is a call for other religions to stand with the Catholics.

Looks like Obama is in for a real fight...

Morning Bell: Obamacare’s Latest Victim Is Religious Freedom

Many, many faiths have already come out in support of the Catholic Church, including the Mormons, Jews, Muslims, and a huge number of Protestant Churches. And we are grateful and humbled by their support.

You gonna pick up the tab that we'll leave if we pulled out of the massive social programs that we fund?

You want to abandon a legitimate principle for monetary gain? You must be a conservative.

Bravo

Of course not. He'll expect other people's money to pay for it.

You want to abandon a legitimate principle for monetary gain? You must be a conservative.

No, but I will not support the government trampling over our First Amendment Rights. You can't have it both ways.

There is no law that prohibits a church from running a hospital. There is, however, a regulation that will not withstand court scrutiny that is attempting to do so.

Of course not. He'll expect other people's money to pay for it.

He's a typical mindless leftist borg.... no one's rights matter except theirs.

There is no law that prohibits a church from running a hospital. There is, however, a regulation that will not withstand court scrutiny that is attempting to do so.

We don't 'run businesses', we run non profits. The Church does not make money from our programs. It costs us money. Money that would otherwise have to come from the taxpayer.

Forum List

Back