I agree with Chris Mathews on JFK

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
in his book.

Larger than life.

What if? Jfk had lived??

Probably would have been no Vietnam War quagmire.

My generations FDR .........

Chris Mathews is not the first to bring this to light.

header2_01.gif

Galbraith and Vietnam

I bawled like a baby when I firstheard of JFKs shooting in a 3rd grade classrom

Bigger than 9/11

LBJ fell into the trap of "if we only had a few more troops on the ground we could win this thing". Over and over he authorized more troops thinking victory was achievable.

Would JFK have done the same? We don't know. The military advisors would have been the same. The advice would have been the same

Would he have walked away and taken the taunts that he was soft on Communism?

I don't think so

Still can't believe how slopoly the Dallas PD was.

A president was assinateed - and they alow kooks like Ruby free acess for the gtransfer ofthe main suspect Oswald..............

Still can't believe how slopoly the Dallas PD was.

A president was assinateed - and they alow kooks like Ruby free acess for the gtransfer ofthe main suspect Oswald..............

Not only that but they announced when the transfer would take place

LBJ fell into the trap of "if we only had a few more troops on the ground we could win this thing". Over and over he authorized more troops thinking victory was achievable.

Would JFK have done the same? We don't know. The military advisors would have been the same. The advice would have been the same

Would he have walked away and taken the taunts that he was soft on Communism?

I don't think so

Yes, he would have. We now know that Kennedy ordered the Pentagon to plan to have all US troops out of Vietnam by early 1965, shortly after what he assumed would be his re-election--and further ordered that the troop pullout begin by the late fall of 1963. But he did not, of course, live to see their withdrawal.

in his book.

Larger than life.

What if? Jfk had lived??

That is utter bullshit. Bay of Pigs happened under JFK. JFK STARTED the escalation of the Vietnam war and LBJ just continued his plan. If JFK would have not been assassinated then we would have been in Vietnam full force earlier!

Another exampple of Chris Mathews being a dishonest media hack!

Kennedy bucked his hawkish advisers in 1962 over the Cuban missiles, so it was certainly possible.

Not with regard to tax policy he wasn't. FDR steadily increase federal tax rates. JFK lowered them dramatically.

Not too mention JFK's famous line goes well against the Democratic philosophy of today, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country!"

Democrats now say, "Ask not how little how country can do for you, ask how much it can do regardless of the boiling point!"

No question JFK would have pulled out of Nam had he lived. And so would his brother Robert Kennedy - the frontrunner fortheDem 1968 nomination until he was killed.

Nam was LBJ s baby.

I know I wasn't old enough to know JFK, but from what I have read about the man he was exactly the same kind of Charismatic leader we could have used right now.

in his book.

Larger than life.

What if? Jfk had lived??

On what do you or Chris Matthews base that theory? Kennedy believed in the "domino theory" and was committed to fighting communism. He OK'd the Bay of Pigs fiasco. He sent 1,200 "advisers" and increased the aid to South Vietnam's military in the form of more money and hardware. He OK'd the CIA's removal of Diem.

If you really knew the history of FDR by the way, you'd know that he was working behind the scenes to involve the US in World War II long before we actually joined the conflict. It appears that Kennedy was taking the same road in Vietnam as FDR did with Germany and Japan.

I wonder if JFK would have been welcomed into the Democratic party today after this speech:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEdXrfIMdiU]Income Tax Cut, JFK Hopes To Spur Economy 1962/8/13 - YouTube[/ame]

in his book.

Larger than life.

What if? Jfk had lived??

On what do you or Chris Matthews base that theory? Kennedy believed in the "domino theory" and was committed to fighting communism. He OK'd the Bay of Pigs fiasco. He sent 1,200 "advisers" and increased the aid to South Vietnam's military in the form of more money and hardware. He OK'd the CIA's removal of Diem.

If you really knew the history of FDR by the way, you'd know that he was working behind the scenes to involve the US in World War II long before we actually joined the conflict. It appears that Kennedy was taking the same road in Vietnam as FDR did with Germany and Japan.

Except that you are wrong, he was actively reducing military presence in Vietnam before he was assassinated. Almost as soon as he was dead, the new president (Known as Asshat Mcfuckface) OK'ed full military presence in Vietnam, pretty much jump starting the war JFK was attempting to avoid.

Forum List

Back