I agree, abolish ice!

My driveway is 200 yards long and downhill all the way., The frost level is so deep here that all it takes is a little freezing rain to turn the driveway into a luge run. Thankfully, barn lime is only $3.20 for a 50-pound bag. That stuff immediately craters the ice and gives you good traction. A half of a bag does the whole driveway.
My drive is six hundred feet downhill with a turn so I just start lots of fires in the drive to melt it.

Good idea. I'd hate to track all that soot and carbon into the garage though. The garage is my man cave where things get done. :biggrin:
My truck won't fit in my garage sadly
Door too short? Or just too much stuff?
Why I built a second 3 car garage.
Ten ft walls with a taller door.
The toys are all parked out in my man cave. The cars fit nicely in the attached garage.
Every house in my area has either a pole barn or second garage for man toys.
Truck is too tall
Pretty common with newer trucks.
I know one guy has to lower his air suspension to barely clear a seven foot door. Older house.
In new construction 8 ft garage doors are the new normal.

My drive is six hundred feet downhill with a turn so I just start lots of fires in the drive to melt it.

Good idea. I'd hate to track all that soot and carbon into the garage though. The garage is my man cave where things get done. :biggrin:

Put a plastic tarp over the cab?
shhhh.
Yeah, that would be way too easy.

I don't know how you get the tarp to stay in place, though, especially if it's windy. I've seen a few people use those. Not many though, so I have a feeling they don't work too well.

Home Depot, Walmart, or hardware store..

multi-keeper-tie-down-straps-bungee-cords-06014-64_1000.jpg

Gramps get some cardboard. Cut the cardboard to the size of you’re windshield. Slip the cardboard between the windshield wipers. The windshield wipers will hold the cardboard in place. Works good.

Gramps get some cardboard. Cut the cardboard to the size of you’re windshield. Slip the cardboard between the windshield wipers. The windshield wipers will hold the cardboard in place. Works good.
I've tried that before. If the cardboard absorbes any moisture at all it becomes quite the mess.

shhhh.

I don't know how you get the tarp to stay in place, though, especially if it's windy. I've seen a few people use those. Not many though, so I have a feeling they don't work too well.

Bungee cords! Those were my Dad's best friend. He had at least one of every length hanging in the garage at all times.

I've tried that before. If the cardboard absorbes any moisture at all it becomes quite the mess.
Okay. 2 cans of this, one in the truck and one in the house.
4e07fbd3-470a-4ff1-a65b-f968e822f66f_1.906359165e3d63e763dab9c7b965c6da.jpeg

Spray your way into the truck and turn it on, defrosters blasting, and then go back in the house for one more cup of coffee. When you come back out, the ice will slide from the windshield in big sheets.

For the 4th day in almost as many days I have had to scrape a 1/4 inch of ice off my truck before going to work. It has been so bad that for the first time ever they have not plowed or treated our side streets. And to make matters worse we have more ice forecasted this week.

Globull warming smh......
Morton buildings. Cheap,pretty,tough park in or under no more scraping.
PS I am hoping to put up one on two different properties this summer. I figure it pays for it's self in 5-10 years just by saving boat and RV storage. Quicker If I store other peoples boats and rv's.

I live in Florida. No ice. No snow.

Damned fine place to live.

Damn you. Enjoy your alligators, jellyfish, and poisonous spiders and snakes.

:laughing0301:

Nah. Alligators, jellyfish and poisonous snakes and spiders aren't around in the Winter.

Gotta keep an eye out in the summer though. LOL
Some people like those things. Keeps the skeemish out thier waters and woods. Gators, snakes and spiders for the most part are not to interesterested in you. Jelly fish are a bitch to have around any way you shake it.

shhhh.

Bungee cords! Those were my Dad's best friend. He had at least one of every length hanging in the garage at all times.
Right near the duct tape in our garage.

shhhh.

Right near the duct tape in our garage.
24x41 vertical roof metal garage - CT, MA, DE, DC, IN, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI - Alan's Factory Outlet
You can get your truck into that and likely much more. Done in days. Cheap to boot.

Two straight days above freezing! 34 degrees almost feels like spring at this point sadly.

More ice and snow forecasted for this weekend tho. This has to be the wettest winter I can remember. Good for farmers but man its brutal on the daily rush hour drive

Forum List

Back