I agree, abolish ice!

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
For the 4th day in almost as many days I have had to scrape a 1/4 inch of ice off my truck before going to work. It has been so bad that for the first time ever they have not plowed or treated our side streets. And to make matters worse we have more ice forecasted this week.

Globull warming smh......

For the 4th day in almost as many days I have had to scrape a 1/4 inch of ice off my truck before going to work. It has been so bad that for the first time ever they have not plowed or treated our side streets. And to make matters worse we have more ice forecasted this week.

We managed to miss the ice down here in SW Mizzouri.

• Banned

It's been insane this last few weeks. Literally ice, not snow, not sleet but ice every other damn day.
I don't mind winter but I am truly sick of this damn ice.
The worst part is my truck is big so scraping the windshield is already difficult enough but the ground is coated in ice so it's a ridiculous task. I look like a sock puppet flailing around trying to get enough leverage to be able to put pressure on the scraper lol

My driveway is 200 yards long and downhill all the way., The frost level is so deep here that all it takes is a little freezing rain to turn the driveway into a luge run. Thankfully, barn lime is only $3.20 for a 50-pound bag. That stuff immediately craters the ice and gives you good traction. A half of a bag does the whole driveway.

My driveway is 200 yards long and downhill all the way., The frost level is so deep here that all it takes is a little freezing rain to turn the driveway into a luge run. Thankfully, barn lime is only $3.20 for a 50-pound bag. That stuff immediately craters the ice and gives you good traction. A half of a bag does the whole driveway.
My drive is six hundred feet downhill with a turn so I just start lots of fires in the drive to melt it.

It's been insane this last few weeks. Literally ice, not snow, not sleet but ice every other damn day.
I don't mind winter but I am truly sick of this damn ice.
The worst part is my truck is big so scraping the windshield is already difficult enough but the ground is coated in ice so it's a ridiculous task. I look like a sock puppet flailing around trying to get enough leverage to be able to put pressure on the scraper lol
We have had rain and then heavy frost but bitterly cold like I was in KC or something....

If it weren't warming up, wouldn't it have been snow? We've been getting a lot of the same weather up here, so I feel for ya. There is that canned de-icer to help clean off the truck--just don't leave it IN the truck in case the doors are frozen shut too.

If it weren't warming up, wouldn't it have been snow? We've been getting a lot of the same weather up here, so I feel for ya. There is that canned de-icer to help clean off the truck--just don't leave it IN the truck in case the doors are frozen shut too.
That is what I use it usually last until the can falls off the shelf and the spray nozzle breaks off...

My drive is six hundred feet downhill with a turn so I just start lots of fires in the drive to melt it.

Good idea. I'd hate to track all that soot and carbon into the garage though. The garage is my man cave where things get done. :biggrin:

My doors are frozen shut every morning. I also have to take a cup of water to thaw out the padlocks on the equipment boxes once I get to the job.

Good idea. I'd hate to track all that soot and carbon into the garage though. The garage is my man cave where things get done. :biggrin:
My truck won't fit in my garage sadly

Door too short? Or just too much stuff?
Why I built a second 3 car garage.
Ten ft walls with a taller door.
The toys are all parked out in my man cave. The cars fit nicely in the attached garage.
Every house in my area has either a pole barn or second garage for man toys.

Put a plastic tarp over the cab?

shhhh.

shhhh.
Yeah, that would be way too easy.

I don't know how you get the tarp to stay in place, though, especially if it's windy. I've seen a few people use those. Not many though, so I have a feeling they don't work too well.

The toys are all parked out in my man cave. The cars fit nicely in the attached garage.
Truck is too tall

Our temps are in Centigrade.

Darling Downs for Monday Hot and mostly sunny. Slight chance of a shower or thunderstorm in the north, near zero chance elsewhere. Winds E/NE 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the morning then becoming NW/NE 15 to 25 km/h in the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 17 and 21 with daytime temperatures reaching the mid to high 30s.
Tuesday Hot and mostly sunny. Slight chance of a shower in the north in the late morning and afternoon. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds NW/NE 15 to 25 km/h tending W/NW in the middle of the day then tending NW/NE 15 to 20 km/h in the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 19 and 22 with daytime temperatures reaching around 40.

Toowoomba weather - local weather forecast

Went for a lovely 2 hour bike ride last evening; a tad warm for me during the day.

Greg

Truck is too tall
What do you have a diesel commercial line truck?

Forum List

Back