hypothetical scenario- armed teacher

Hallway_of_Reading_High_School-900x450.jpg

you're the Athletic Director, you're in your office (front left beside the sign over the door) - you hear shooting and kids screaming for their life .. you open the gun safe in your closet, get your Glock 23 semi auto 9mm pistol and start out the door ... at the other end of the hall theres a kid standing at the bottom of the stairs with a semi auto AR 15 spraying shots down the hall in your direction as fast as he can squeeze the trigger, and bullets whizzing by you one after the other .. lets say those stairs are at least 45-50 steps, probably more... a lengthy shot for a pistol whatever the exact distance ... under those conditions, students running every direction, crowded hallway - could

YOU

leave your room, stay under total control,take careful aim and kill or wound the shooter stopping him from killing students without hitting and injuring any kids yourself?

Ive been around guns all of my life. I started shooting .22 rimfire pistols when I was 6 - .357 mag pistols when I was 12. I rate the degree of difficulty in that exact scenario on a scale of 1-10 .. 100+

what would you do ?
And then you get shot by a cop who thinks you’re the school shooter.

Or by another armed teacher a distance away. Who himself then gets shot by the cop who thinks he's the shooter. And so on and so on and so on....

That is, unless that other armed teacher is no longer armed because he had his firearm stolen by the kid who's now doing the shooting, thereby eliminating his need to bring arms to the school -- they're already there. So not only is that teacher no longer armed, he's no longer alive either, by his own gun.

What a great plan. Can't think of anything that could possibly go wrong. Here in the world of comic books.

cartoon63.jpg
/——/ The police will know ahead of time which teachers are armed. The teachers are instructed to lay down their arms once the police arrive. The guns are kept in lock boxes until needed. It’s really not that complicated.

"Police knowing which teachers are armed" means they have a list of names. It cannot mean a random cop knows who that silhouette in the distance is.

As for the disposition of the firearm, if it's in a lock box and the shooter's outside somewhere, that's going to be a considerable time to get TO the box and retrieve it while simultaneously looking over one's shoulder; if it's not in a lock box but rather on the person, then that invites countless opportunities for the firearm to get stolen, or lost.

You're right, it's really not that complicated. Never has been.

you're the Athletic Director, you're in your office (front left beside the sign over the door) - you hear shooting and kids screaming for their life .. you open the gun safe in your closet, get your Glock 23 semi auto 9mm pistol and start out the door ... at the other end of the hall theres a kid standing at the bottom of the stairs with a semi auto AR 15 spraying shots down the hall in your direction as fast as he can squeeze the trigger, and bullets whizzing by you one after the other .. lets say those stairs are at least 45-50 steps, probably more... a lengthy shot for a pistol whatever the exact distance ... under those conditions, students running every direction, crowded hallway - could

YOU

leave your room, stay under total control,take careful aim and kill or wound the shooter stopping him from killing students without hitting and injuring any kids yourself?

Ive been around guns all of my life. I started shooting .22 rimfire pistols when I was 6 - .357 mag pistols when I was 12. I rate the degree of difficulty in that exact scenario on a scale of 1-10 .. 100+

what would you do ?

Or by another armed teacher a distance away. Who himself then gets shot by the cop who thinks he's the shooter. And so on and so on and so on....

That is, unless that other armed teacher is no longer armed because he had his firearm stolen by the kid who's now doing the shooting, thereby eliminating his need to bring arms to the school -- they're already there. So not only is that teacher no longer armed, he's no longer alive either, by his own gun.

What a great plan. Can't think of anything that could possibly go wrong. Here in the world of comic books.

cartoon63.jpg
/——/ The police will know ahead of time which teachers are armed. The teachers are instructed to lay down their arms once the police arrive. The guns are kept in lock boxes until needed. It’s really not that complicated.

"Police knowing which teachers are armed" means they have a list of names. It cannot mean a random cop knows who that silhouette in the distance is.

As for the disposition of the firearm, if it's in a lock box and the shooter's outside somewhere, that's going to be a considerable time to get TO the box and retrieve it while simultaneously looking over one's shoulder; if it's not in a lock box but rather on the person, then that invites countless opportunities for the firearm to get stolen, or lost.

/———/ So in your gun grabber mind nothing is 100% perfect except repealing our rights and total confiscation only then will we be as safe as Detroit or Chicago South Side.

Man, you don't know the point of the thread from the point of my comments to the fucking point on your head. I just denounced every claim you've been making for the past week, and you just agreed with me! :auiqs.jpg: :boobies: :eusa_wall: :highfive: :laughing0301:

I dont know the point of the thread

Glad you are finally realizing that.

you dont know what hypothetical means you clueless dip ..

stop hijacking threads with your stupidity, the board has rules ...

How can I be hijacking a thread when you just THANKED ME for making your point? See post 481. Originally you claimed that only professional, highly trained experts should guard schools, then when I showed why many civilians (including teachers) can and WOULD and DO do much better, you agreed with me! You are too funny.

YOURE AN IDIOT ...

i thanked you for being an idiot,

DDDDDDUUUUURRRRRRRRRR

Hey, you're such a crack shot, just watch you don't shoot off your own damned mouth! :laughing0301:

YOU

what would you do ?

cartoon63.jpg

So it's better to not have one because of the time it might take to open the box?

I don't know how any of us can debate liberal logic.

YOU

what would you do ?

cartoon63.jpg

So it's better to not have one because of the time it might take to open the box?

Really. If it takes infinity to open the box, that's exactly the situation liberals endorse.

There was another poster in the forum who was trying to prove how dangerous it was for teachers to be armed. He gave four examples. Three of them involved cops shooting the guy who put down the perp.

Isn't that a riot?

Last edited:

YOU

what would you do ?

cartoon63.jpg

I don't know how any of us can debate strawmen. Why can't you deal with what's actually on the table?

YOU

what would you do ?

cartoon63.jpg

/———/ So in your gun grabber mind nothing is 100% perfect except repealing our rights and total confiscation only then will we be as safe as Detroit or Chicago South Side.

See what I mean? Right on time.

QUOTE ME posting anything remotely resembling any of the above, ever, and we'll go from there.

Which we won't since no such post exists.

cartoon63.jpg

I don't know how any of us can debate strawmen. Why can't you deal with what's actually on the table?

I just did. You just stated it makes more sense to not have an armed teacher because it might take him or her too long to open up the gun box or gun safe. What kind of argument is that for crying out loud?

cartoon63.jpg

Really. If it takes infinity to open the box, that's exactly the situation liberals endorse.

There was another poster in the forum who was trying to prove how dangerous it was for teachers to be armed. He gave for examples. Three of them involved cops shooting the guy who put down the perp.

Isn't that a riot?

His point makes as much sense as saying why should we have life rafts on cruise ships because it might take too long to launch them if the boat is sinking?

cartoon63.jpg

I just did. You just stated it makes more sense to not have an armed teacher because it might take him or her too long to open up the gun box or gun safe. What kind of argument is that for crying out loud?
/——/ Libs love hypothetical questions because they cause others to take their eyes off the ball and chase a rabbit down a hole. Now here is a reality, the Florida county where the shooting took place and school district is run by democRATs not the NRA

/——/ Libs love hypothetical questions because they cause others to take their eyes off the ball and chase a rabbit down a hole. Now here is a reality, the Florida county where the shooting took place and school district is run by democRATs not the NRA

The left are full of "what ifs" instead of "Let's try it out and see."

The truth of the matter is that there are schools with armed security and armed teachers. The only ones that failed us so far are the armed security.

The left doesn't like facts very much. Just like (according to the Washington Post) our schools are safer now than in the 90's. We've had less student deaths since then.

cartoon63.jpg

I made no allusion to what "makes sense". I simply described what the previous post means in real operational terms. Whether it "makes sense" is left to the reader.

Another ironic thought considering your own hypothetical strawman in 502. Which you can't back up.

"People attend a blessing ceremony with their AR-15-style rifles in their cases at the Sanctuary Church in Newfoundland, Pennsylvania"

DXNhIAgW0AElfGh.jpg

Another ironic thought considering your own hypothetical strawman in 502. Which you can't back up.
/-----/ "Which you can't back up." How does one back up hypothetical responses to hypothetical questions? It's all hypothetical, hypothetically speaking of course: A question based on certain proven or assumed facts, and formulated to arrive at a generalized answer applicable in most such situations in the absence of dependable data.

Read more: What is hypothetical question? definition and meaning

Forum List

Back