Hypothetical Question

Grace

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
what would happen IF it was discovered Obama was indeed born somewhere else....what then? I dont give a damn right now where he was born since the horse is already out of the proverbial barn, the milk has already spilled, etc....I wanted to know what the repercussions would be to the USA, the laws he signed, who would take over in his stead, etc.

Would speaker of the house take charge? Or would Biden become prez? Or wouldnt it be a fraudulent action and therefore McCain/Palin take over? What about the laws Obama signed or any documents pertaining to running this country? Would they be legit? And what exactly IS the requirements to run for the highest office? Does the one running need to be born here or just his/her parent(s)?

The thread about Trump got this going in my head and quite a few gave some good answers as to what they think would be the results and counter results..until it turned into a birther thread. Please refrain from making this thread like that one. This hypothetical could be for anyone running for office of presidency. So....in the Constitution, does it state anywhere what could or would happen IF the president not a US citizen and what results would that bring to remedy it? Where would the presidency fall..and to whom?

• Banned
Being a political chic, Id think youd want to cover all the bases...even hypothetical ones that arent impossible to not happen.

What Oddball said hopefully
Plus maybe the destruction of the democrat party as we know it.
Just for fun watching liberal and the ooohhh so smug and above it all heads explode :)

what would happen IF it was discovered Obama was indeed born somewhere else....what then? I dont give a damn right now where he was born since the horse is already out of the proverbial barn, the milk has already spilled, etc....I wanted to know what the repercussions would be to the USA, the laws he signed, who would take over in his stead, etc.

Would speaker of the house take charge? Or would Biden become prez? Or wouldnt it be a fraudulent action and therefore McCain/Palin take over? What about the laws Obama signed or any documents pertaining to running this country? Would they be legit? And what exactly IS the requirements to run for the highest office? Does the one running need to be born here or just his/her parent(s)?

The thread about Trump got this going in my head and quite a few gave some good answers as to what they think would be the results and counter results..until it turned into a birther thread. Please refrain from making this thread like that one. This hypothetical could be for anyone running for office of presidency. So....in the Constitution, does it state anywhere what could or would happen IF the president not a US citizen and what results would that bring to remedy it? Where would the presidency fall..and to whom?

When Nixon resigned over scandal his VP took over. The precedent would be for the VP to become president and then they can appoint their own VP under the 25th I think.

Being a political chic, Id think youd want to cover all the bases...even hypothetical ones that arent impossible to not happen.

Just kiddin', Gracie, a play on 'hypothetical.'

I don't think there is any chance that Obama would be removed. Even the Supeme Court would hesitate to remove a President elected by the people.

Based on how Democrats responded to a rapist who lied in federal court, sexually harrassed women, that is by 'circling he wagons,' I assume the same would be true of this fraud.

I even question what the results of the following election would reveal as there are so many wimps who would be afraid of being called racists.

The best use of any question of whether or not President Obama was born in the US is to jerk the chain of his supporters who believe he was born here with no proof, and tell them how similar they are to religious folk, the other 'believers.'

But the context of him running was he/her was a legitimate candidate...and it turns out he/she is not. Which makes his/her partner party to it even if it was unknown to that vp. All is null and void? Wouldnt it go to the runner up for the office? And would it bea resignation....or prosecution if it was discovered?

Just kiddin', Gracie, a play on 'hypothetical.'

I don't think there is any chance that Obama would be removed. Even the Supeme Court would hesitate to remove a President elected by the people.

Based on how Democrats responded to a rapist who lied in federal court, sexually harrassed women, that is by 'circling he wagons,' I assume the same would be true of this fraud.

I even question what the results of the following election would reveal as there are so many wimps who would be afraid of being called racists.

The best use of any question of whether or not President Obama was born in the US is to jerk the chain of his supporters who believe he was born here with no proof, and tell them how similar they are to religious folk, the other 'believers.'

I was kiddin' back attcha. Must. Use. Smilies. To. Show. Intent. Thats my new rule for myself. :lol:

When Nixon resigned over scandal his VP took over. The precedent would be for the VP to become president and then they can appoint their own VP under the 25th I think.

Hold on PP...you forgot....Repubs resign when guilty.

Democrats don't-

"While general public support for President Barack Obama seemingly shrinks by the day, Democrats apparently see no alternative and are circling the wagons."

Read more on Newsmax.com: Dems Circle the Wagons Around Obama
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

"Dems circle wagons around Holder"
Dems circle wagons around Holder - Alex Isenstadt - POLITICO.com

Next!

But the context of him running was he/her was a legitimate candidate...and it turns out he/she is not. Which makes his/her partner party to it even if it was unknown to that vp. All is null and void? Wouldnt it go to the runner up for the office? And would it bea resignation....or prosecution if it was discovered?

I don't think it would. You are right that if he wasn't legit from the beginning then it was an unfair loss for McCain but at this point "the milk has been spilt".

I truly think that Biden would take over and appoint an new VP under the 25th ammendment.

It would be a resignation followed by a prosecution. EDIT: PC made a good point above, it would be a prosecution with obama refusing to resign.

TBH if this happended I think there would be riots in some parts of the country.

Last edited:

Chance of prosecution is nil, resignation would be in order and it would be the VP who takes over. You would have to prove that the Dems knew BO was ineligible and ignored it to rope them in the same issue and that would probably be impossible, so they are shielded.

Not just dems. Independents as well. And newscasters. And..and..and.

Googled...found:

a murkin is a device created in the olden days for women diagnosed with crabs. they shaved thier pubic hair in order to get rid of them. this was a sure fire way to tell a girl was dirty so the murkin was created in order to hide this fact. in short a murkin is a wig for the vaginal area.

Alternately:
'mer'kin - slang for American, said with a broad hick accent.

I don't think it would. You are right that if he wasn't legit from the beginning then it was an unfair loss for McCain but at this point "the milk has been spilt".

I truly think that Biden would take over and appoint an new VP under the 25th ammendment.

It would be a resignation followed by a prosecution. EDIT: PC made a good point above, it would be a prosecution with obama refusing to resign.

TBH if this happended I think there would be riots in some parts of the country.

Just hold on, you idealist.....

can you actually see Holder prosecuting Obama????

That would be like one Menendez brother prosecuting the other...

No, the DOJ would use the same logic they used in refusing to prosecute the New Black Panthers.
"An official who formerly monitored civil rights for the Justice Department said Friday that his higher-ups told lawyers they are not interested in pursuing Voting Rights Act accusations against minorities who harass white voters."
Former DOJ official says department won't prosecute minorities for voting rights violations - FoxNews.com

What a circus it would be!

Forum List

Back