Hypothetical question..

M

Mainframe

IF...

Israel decided to take some kind of action against Iran despite U.S. warnings... What would the U.S. do?

Take action against Israel? (any way.. sanctions/force/whatever)

Join in the fight?

Stay completely out?

Personally? I'd just enjoy watching the fireworks. Think of it - Isreal could destroy a HUGE influence on Terroristic-Muslims. Would be sorta neat.

Frankly, the US would likely participate via $$, etc...

I partially agree... Id say let Israel go at it. But if we backed them up militarily, I think things would really get out of hand.

Monetarily, I dont doubt the support.

That could be the biggest mess tho..

Heck. Nowadays Israel wouldn't even need to fly a sortie, just launch a guided missle. It's way overdue. Can you imagine Iran as a nuclear power ?! What a freakin nightmare. What could Iran really possibly do. They'll rattle their sabres and swear death to the Zionist pigs and the Great Satan (that's us here in the States). What else could they do ?! Attack Israel .. from where. They are surrounded by US forces who would gladly take them out if they set foot towards Israel. We need to lay out bannana peels around the launch button ... way past due.

We need to continue to develop and improve the capability of our missile defense system. If Iran develops nuclear capability, we should publicly announce that we are setting Iranian destinations into a number of our ICBMs. Then we should deploy counter-missile batteries to Israel.

I would say give the Israelis nuclear tipped missiles (assuming they don't have them already). But I am hesitant to provide them with such a capability. They have way too many nuts like AJ running around the country.

Heck, Israel has had nukes for years. Many are on subs ... good place to put a deterent. Still haven't used any (AJs or not). The nuclear dome is in a desert town called Dimona. Israel doesn't make a secret of it, but doesn't usually admit to it either. Kinda like when a Hamas leader is found doing his best impersination of Swiss cheese.

I agree that we should keep up the anti-missle development. My worst fear, however, is that they won't use a missle to deploy a nuclear weapon. Think ultimate homicide bomber. I wonder how many virgins you get for that Jihad stunt (I'm guessing at least 92). That would make a lot of sense regarding Israel since it's nothing but desert and Moslem Arab land in between (banana pealing the entire desert will only slow them down for so long) them and the Jordan River. Truth is that they could load one into a container anywhere in Eurasia and sail it into NY harbor. By the time we have a chance to inspect it, it would be way too late. Maybe we should take care of this issue before we build the tallest building in the world on the remains of ground zero, before it becomes history repeats itself. I love Dr Strangelove ... let's keap it a movie.

Forum List

Back