Hypothetical no anti-abortionist will honestly answer

Hypothetical: You are are at a fertility clinic - it doesn't matter why - and a fire breaks out. You run for the exit. As you are running down the hall, you hear a child screaming behind a door. As you throw open the door, you see a five-year-old boy crying for help in the corner. In the opposite corner is a phial labelled 1,000 viable embryos. The smoke is rising, and you begin to choke. You realise that the room is too large for you to have time to save both the embryos, and the boy. If you try you will die, as will both the boy, and the embryos.

Do you:
  • A: Save the boy?
  • B: Save the embryos?

There is no "third option". Any "third option" will result in the death of both the boy, and the embryos.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I rather quite doubt that any anti-abortion advocate will honestly answer this question. They will equivocate, deflect, or simply ignore this post, and hope that no one will take note of it. Because they can't answer the question, and maintain their their primary argument against abortion - that a fetus, from the moment of conception is equal, in every way, to a child.

The rational response, the clearly moral response, is A. Because an actual living child is worth a thousand embryos. 10,000 embryos. Or even a million embryos. This is because they are not the same. Not morally, ethically, nor biologically. This is the rational, ethical, and moral position. However, this position also destroys the anti-abortionists position that an embryo, or a non-viable fetus is a "child", so they will not answer the question.
Who wouldnt pick the boy?
Kind of a dumb "gotcha" IMO
Not "dumb" at all, and if an embryo has the same moral, ethical, and biological weight as a 5-year-old boy, then it is not a gotcha either - clearly saving a thousand "children" is more ethical than letting them die for the sake of a single child.

But, you also admit with your response that you are fully aware that they are not the same.
Of course they arent. I believe life starts at birth. I am as pro-choice as they come.
I think this OP just lacks reasoning.
I doubt there is 20 people in this entire country that would let the boy die over embryos. Its dumb.
You're right, but the nearly universal argument against abortion is equating an embryo, or a non-viable fetus with child, even going so far as to call them, interchangeably, children, babies, infants.

All this hypothetical does is expose the intellectual dishonesty, and hypocrisy of such an irrational position.

No. It just demonstrates the intellectual dishonesty of the person who created this ridiculous hypothetical without thinking it through.

Lets take my previous hypo where the choice is between you and a five year old. Can anyone honestly say they would save you rather than the five year old?

Does that mean it would be lawful to kill you in any circumstance? Your reasoning says yes

This OP clown is trying to suggest frozen embryo's and human fetuses growing in the womb are the same thing in some twisted attempt to justify abortion.
Look up the word deflection fool. :fu:

Dude, your thread is dripping with please mock me for posting such a stupid premise. There's two boys in the room, you can only save one, same damn thing. On the bright side when liberals try to be clever and fail like this, it is funny. :laugh:
Dude, my thread exposes the intellectual dishonesty of people like you. But, you go right ahead, and keep deflecting.

Your thread exposes jack shit, I'm sorry you worked on this all weekend and we destroyed it in seconds. :itsok:
You didn't destroy shit. You did exactly what I predicted you would do: refuse to answer the question, because it exposes you for liars.

So you admit your entire thread was about trying to gotcha people with a far fetched scenario and that was your goal, got it. Weird.:cuckoo:
You do understand that a "gotcha" only works if a person is engaged in dishonesty, right? if one holds an honest position, they can't be "got by a gotcha". Congratulations for admitting that you know that you position is dishonest.

Go ahead rationalize killing over 50 million human infants in the womb by ripping their limbs off you blood thirsty liberal deviants.
As I said, cannot answer the question, as it destroys this silly argument.

Actually you destroyed your own argument by trying to draw a false equivalents of a child in the womb compared to a frozen embryo in a test tube. Saving the living child in your scenario is not equivalent to actively preforming an abortion.

It is not his "own" argument. He stole it from someone else, without attribution. He's as dishonest as they come!

:rofl:

I won't go there since I'm not familiar with him, I just know he has no critical thinking skills.

Go ahead rationalize killing over 50 million human infants in the womb by ripping their limbs off you blood thirsty liberal deviants.

Actually you destroyed your own argument by trying to draw a false equivalents of a child in the womb compared to a frozen embryo in a test tube. Saving the living child in your scenario is not equivalent to actively preforming an abortion.

It is not his "own" argument. He stole it from someone else, without attribution. He's as dishonest as they come!

I won't go there since I'm not familiar with him, I just know he has no critical thinking skills.

He ripped it off from this turd....

459A401D00000578-5008931-image-a-1_1508775947607.jpg

Man confronts anti-abortion debaters with one question | Daily Mail Online

This OP clown is trying to suggest frozen embryo's and human fetuses growing in the womb are the same thing in some twisted attempt to justify abortion.
Dude, your thread is dripping with please mock me for posting such a stupid premise. There's two boys in the room, you can only save one, same damn thing. On the bright side when liberals try to be clever and fail like this, it is funny. :laugh:
Dude, my thread exposes the intellectual dishonesty of people like you. But, you go right ahead, and keep deflecting.

Your thread exposes jack shit, I'm sorry you worked on this all weekend and we destroyed it in seconds. :itsok:
You didn't destroy shit. You did exactly what I predicted you would do: refuse to answer the question, because it exposes you for liars.

So you admit your entire thread was about trying to gotcha people with a far fetched scenario and that was your goal, got it. Weird.:cuckoo:
You do understand that a "gotcha" only works if a person is engaged in dishonesty, right? if one holds an honest position, they can't be "got by a gotcha". Congratulations for admitting that you know that you position is dishonest.

No. A "gotcha" question is designed to entrap the person questioned into an apparent hypocrisy.

Now that you have learned what that means, why not be honest with everyone and admit that you are a plagiarist and an asshole?

Starting at minute 2.43 Ben Shapiro completely destroys the OP's hypothetical anti- abortion question. ...... :thup:

You're video debunks nothing. At no point did I say "Human embryos aren't life". I said, and still say, that human embryos are not morally, ethically, or biologically equivalent to a child.

Please do not attempt to assign to me a position I have not taken. The vast majority of anti-abortionists cannot make the same request, as any time that they call a fetus a child, or a baby they are taking the positon of which I am accusing them.

He ripped it off from this turd....

459A401D00000578-5008931-image-a-1_1508775947607.jpg

Man confronts anti-abortion debaters with one question | Daily Mail Online

He doesn't have many critical thinking skills either.

LOL! Yeah! So that makes it invalid, right?!?! LOLOLOLOLOL! Oh. Wait... except it doesn't. It is still a question that you cannot answer, and so you have to deflect. Well, shit. I guess I was right all along...

That's the point.
the point is creating a dumb "gotcha?"
Interesting.
Derp.
No.
That everyone would pick the boy.
Of course they would, dummy. Thats why i think its dumb.
Its like asking if the woman running from the rapist is going to grab the loaded 9MM or the banana.

Then the boy and the embryos are not the same. That's the point.

The right to lifers swear they are.
How many people do you know think that an embryo and a young child are the same?

What if the embryo is your own child? And it's the last chance you and your spouse have to conceive. Would anyone it be immoral to save your own child over a five year old stranger? Would anyone then suggest that you have the right to kill five year olds if you did save your child?

The whole scenario is ridiculous anyway. A real man would save the child and the embryos

First, nice going poisoning the well right off the bat.

Second, I saw this on twitter last week. The idiot who posted it had thousands of honest responses immediately. Best by far was matt Walsh and Ben Shapiro over at the daily wire.

Third, let's do the same hypo, but instead of a canister of embryos, its a choice between saving the child and saving you. Does the fact that I'd still save the child mean your life has no value? Or that you aren't alive? According to the logic of the op it proves you aren't human. Does that make any sense whatsoever?
Yes. Let's do that! Let's de3flect fro the question, so I can avoid being exposed as a duplicitous prick!

Guess what? It's not Patrick's argument, either. The thing has been around for a while. I just thought it would be fun to bring back, and expose the duplicitous pricks for who they are. And you're all doing a great job of proving me right. Not one of you will answer the question. Just like I predicted.

Sorry pop, you're a plagiarist.

LOL! Yeah! So that makes it invalid, right?!?! LOLOLOLOLOL! Oh. Wait... except it doesn't. It is still a question that you cannot answer, and so you have to deflect. Well, shit. I guess I was right all along...

I am pro choice, plagiarizer.

But even if I were rabidly pro Life....I'd save the child. Just like every other person on the planet.

No. A "gotcha" question is designed to entrap the person questioned into an apparent hypocrisy.

Now that you have learned what that means, why not be honest with everyone and admit that you are a plagiarist and an asshole?
No. Not "apparent". Actual hypocrisy. If there is no hypocrisy the gotcha doesn't work. That's kinda the point.

You or the guy you stole the question from? But an embryo in a test tube is NOT VIABLE until it's implanted and attaches to the uterine wall. So both of you FAIL.

Last edited:

Yeah, you can deflect with accusations, stupid sidebars, and bullshit all you like. You are still just doing exactly what I said you would. And by the way, I didn't plagiarise. Here. Here is a link to his argument. I took it, and expanded on it, because i recognised a flaw that dupicitous fucks like you would take advantage of. So, I fixed that. He made no mention of the size of the room. I knew that left the "I run really fast, and get both" cheat open. so, I altered the parameters to not allow for that.

Guess what altering it did? Made it mine, and not plagiarism. But it does make all of you still guilty of deflection to avoid your own dishonesty.

yeah, you can deflect with accusations, stupid sidebars, and bullshit all you like. You are still just doing exactly what I said you would.

You do know that it is against the rules not to post a source?

Forum List

Back