Hypothetical no anti-abortionist will honestly answer

That's the point.
the point is creating a dumb "gotcha?"
Interesting.
Derp.
No.
That everyone would pick the boy.
Of course they would, dummy. Thats why i think its dumb.
Its like asking if the woman running from the rapist is going to grab the loaded 9MM or the banana.

Then the boy and the embryos are not the same. That's the point.

The right to lifers swear they are.
How many people do you know think that an embryo and a young child are the same?
well, according to their arguments nearly all anti-abortion advocates. After all they keep insisting that it is perfectly reasonable to equate non-viable fetuses with children.

Hypothetical: You are are at a fertility clinic - it doesn't matter why - and a fire breaks out. You run for the exit. As you are running down the hall, you hear a child screaming behind a door. As you throw open the door, you see a five-year-old boy crying for help in the corner. In the opposite corner is a phial labelled 1,000 viable embryos. The smoke is rising, and you begin to choke. You realise that the room is too large for you to have time to save both the embryos, and the boy. If you try you will die, as will both the boy, and the embryos.

Do you:
  • A: Save the boy?
  • B: Save the embryos?

There is no "third option". Any "third option" will result in the death of both the boy, and the embryos.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I rather quite doubt that any anti-abortion advocate will honestly answer this question. They will equivocate, deflect, or simply ignore this post, and hope that no one will take note of it. Because they can't answer the question, and maintain their their primary argument against abortion - that a fetus, from the moment of conception is equal, in every way, to a child.

The rational response, the clearly moral response, is A. Because an actual living child is worth a thousand embryos. 10,000 embryos. Or even a million embryos. This is because they are not the same. Not morally, ethically, nor biologically. This is the rational, ethical, and moral position. However, this position also destroys the anti-abortionists position that an embryo, or a non-viable fetus is a "child", so they will not answer the question.

Many extreme christian righties will tell you that God didn't create the Test Tube baby.. so the 5 year old of coarse..

.And I am not a rightie so don't go there.

That's the point.
Interesting.
Derp.
No.
Its like asking if the woman running from the rapist is going to grab the loaded 9MM or the banana.

How many people do you know think that an embryo and a young child are the same?

Stop with the obtuse act.

The hypothetical is nonsensical.

The embryo is only viable if it is growing in the womb.

If a pregnant women and a child were both asking for help and I could only save one......Now that is a dilemma!

Who wouldnt pick the boy?
Kind of a dumb "gotcha" IMO
Not "dumb" at all, and if an embryo has the same moral, ethical, and biological weight as a 5-year-old boy, then it is not a gotcha either - clearly saving a thousand "children" is more ethical than letting them die for the sake of a single child.

But, you also admit with your response that you are fully aware that they are not the same.
Of course they arent. I believe life starts at birth. I am as pro-choice as they come.
I think this OP just lacks reasoning.
I doubt there is 20 people in this entire country that would let the boy die over embryos. Its dumb.
You're right, but the nearly universal argument against abortion is equating an embryo, or a non-viable fetus with child, even going so far as to call them, interchangeably, children, babies, infants.

All this hypothetical does is expose the intellectual dishonesty, and hypocrisy of such an irrational position.

Embryos, despite your faulty hypothetical, are potential life.

Potential life, yes. Which means they are not morally equivalent to actual living people. So, between a non-viable fetus, and a pregnant woman - an actual living person - guess whose rights matter more, morally, and ethically.

Explain why if you kill a pregnant woman you can be charged with two counts of murder.

Has my vote for dumbest libtard thread of the month.
Deflection noted. You are dismissed.

Aliens invade Earth, decide liberals are idiotic morons and start killing them. Conservatives can't save all liberals so which liberals should we try to save?
More deflection. Again dismissed. LOL

Look up the word mocking fool. :laugh:
Look up the word deflection fool. :fu:

ripping their limbs off

What? I thought they were selling those baby bits? Shouldn't hey be carefully dissecting those fetuses to maximize profits?

Abortion, that's some sick human behavior right there goddamn.
You are a liar. Which is why you will not answer the question, and simply keep deflecting. Because the question exposes your intellectual dishonesty.

Oh I'm sorry if the realities of abortion and ripping human fetuses limbs off offends your snowflake sensibilities.

The hypothetical is nonsensical.

The embryo is only viable if it is growing in the womb.

If a pregnant women and a child were both asking for help and I could only save one......Now that is a dilemma!
I would probably go for the child

Not "dumb" at all, and if an embryo has the same moral, ethical, and biological weight as a 5-year-old boy, then it is not a gotcha either - clearly saving a thousand "children" is more ethical than letting them die for the sake of a single child.

But, you also admit with your response that you are fully aware that they are not the same.
Of course they arent. I believe life starts at birth. I am as pro-choice as they come.
I doubt there is 20 people in this entire country that would let the boy die over embryos. Its dumb.
You're right, but the nearly universal argument against abortion is equating an embryo, or a non-viable fetus with child, even going so far as to call them, interchangeably, children, babies, infants.

All this hypothetical does is expose the intellectual dishonesty, and hypocrisy of such an irrational position.

Potential life, yes. Which means they are not morally equivalent to actual living people. So, between a non-viable fetus, and a pregnant woman - an actual living person - guess whose rights matter more, morally, and ethically.

Explain why if you kill a pregnant woman you can be charged with two counts of murder.

What if she was on her way to an abortion clinic, then was murdered? Would the court throw out the extra charge?

Still deflecting. Why would I answer your question, when you refuse to answer mine? You first.

Interesting.
Derp.
No.

Stop with the obtuse act.
I wanted to understand because i enjoy shutting down pro-life arguments. I just dont see it in this thread. Sorry.

Has my vote for dumbest libtard thread of the month.

Aliens invade Earth, decide liberals are idiotic morons and start killing them. Conservatives can't save all liberals so which liberals should we try to save?

Dude, your thread is dripping with please mock me for posting such a stupid premise. There's two boys in the room, you can only save one, same damn thing. On the bright side when liberals try to be clever and fail like this, it is funny. :laugh:

Interesting.
Derp.
No.

well, according to their arguments nearly all anti-abortion advocates. After all they keep insisting that it is perfectly reasonable to equate non-viable fetuses with children.
i dont see that but i would love for someone to tell me there is no difference between a 5 year old and an embryo LOL

Dude, your thread is dripping with please mock me for posting such a stupid premise. There's two boys in the room, you can only save one, same damn thing. On the bright side when liberals try to be clever and fail like this, it is funny. :laugh:
Dude, my thread exposes the intellectual dishonesty of people like you. But, you go right ahead, and keep deflecting.

Derp.
No.

i dont see that but i would love for someone to tell me there is no difference between a 5 year old and an embryo LOL
Really??? You "don't see it"? Then apparently you aren't paying attention. Might I suggest that you go back, in this very thread, and read post #10. Perhaps then you will.

Forum List

Back