Hypocritical Anti-Smokers Strike Again

KittenKoder

Sep 21, 2008
Nowhere
In Oregon they are pushing to make nicotine a prescription only drug. The double edged sword will kill their economy more than they can perceive, but the biggest thing is, alcohol causes more deaths in the Northwest than any drug, so why is nicotine targeted but not the drug more responsible for needless death?

Now, for the really bad impact. Not only are they targeting tobacco, they are also making ALL nicotine products (even those designed to help you quit). Plus all the taxes lost that are going into health care from sales of tobacco (particularly the children's health care). Then there is this, once it requires a prescription you can get it on insurance. LOL ... now Medicaid and Medicare there will pay for smokers instead of collect money from them. I hope they pass that here soon, though it will ruin Seattle, it would be funny to watch.

Oregon lawmaker wants nicotine prescription only - Breaking News, Local News, Local Weather, Local Sports

Worse, it's Salem OR.

In Oregon they are pushing to make nicotine a prescription only drug. The double edged sword will kill their economy more than they can perceive, but the biggest thing is, alcohol causes more deaths in the Northwest than any drug, so why is nicotine targeted but not the drug more responsible for needless death?

Now, for the really bad impact. Not only are they targeting tobacco, they are also making ALL nicotine products (even those designed to help you quit). Plus all the taxes lost that are going into health care from sales of tobacco (particularly the children's health care). Then there is this, once it requires a prescription you can get it on insurance. LOL ... now Medicaid and Medicare there will pay for smokers instead of collect money from them. I hope they pass that here soon, though it will ruin Seattle, it would be funny to watch.

Oregon lawmaker wants nicotine prescription only - Breaking News, Local News, Local Weather, Local Sports

Worse, it's Salem OR.

A single State will accomplish nothing by doing that except if they enforce it and start putting thousands in jail. Why? Because unless it is Hawaii, every State has borders with other States or Country that still sell them as non prescription. Further it will result in smuggling and heavier crime.

Does no one pay attention to HISTORY? Go ahead write your Representatives in your local State Legislature and ask them to research what happened during prohibition and then have them check what happened in Canada when Canada raised the taxes so high on cigs that it created a huge bootleg operation from the States.

Further if Obama puts it under the FDA and they outlaw it or make it Prescription, they will have to outlaw the growing of tobacco and that will result in Organized crime having a new era of prosperity.

obama is considering putting tobacco under the fda....the irony....

The more these anti-smoker fanatics fight against it, the more we will just find ways around their idiotic laws. It is a drug, and we are addicted, but at least we don't cause accidents with large blocks of steel or beat each other to death over something stupid.

I foresee them going after Caffeine next, it's a drug to. But anti-smokers are mostly just irresponsible drunks anyway ... as wrong as that seems, it's actually quite true.

My theory is that they'll decriminalize Hemp, and then, just as they did in the 1930's, they'll make tobacco a controlled substance to insure full employment for the drug pigs and lots and lots of fines for tobacco additicts as they start to grow their own or buy it from the narcotics mafia.

Because you know, you absolutely KNOW that if they make tobacco a controlled substance there WILL BE a black market for that addictive substance that will make the black market for hemp look like child's play by comparison.

Tobacco, unlike hemp, is a wicked addiction, folks.

apparently, so is Dishwashing soap.

Spokane residents smuggle suds over green brands

Spokane residents smuggle suds over green brands

Green shit is just a huge scam you pay a fortune for anyway. It's the sad thing about Seattle that is actually making me consider moving. In spite of having to start all over in another city (unless I go back to Tucson ... hmm) it's better than this "green" shit they are pushing on us.

I use phosphate free dishwasher detergent from Melaleuca. I can't really say how good of a job it does though, because I prewash all my dishes, so I know they're coming out clean. I'm a stickler when it comes to my dishes.

do you buy your melelucah products from someone at a church or something like that? I remember when those products hit my mothers church like a tornado. Next thing you know everyone is using their products, from chapstick to hair gel, and... lets be honest.. that shit really does stink. Odorwise. I have no idea if it is a better dishwashing detergent.

I think it's awfully funny how a semi-black market sprouted up after a ban on dish detergents. someone should be taking notes.

I use phosphate free dishwasher detergent from Melaleuca. I can't really say how good of a job it does though, because I prewash all my dishes, so I know they're coming out clean. I'm a stickler when it comes to my dishes.

Here's the thing, natural products are always better, but they should be cheaper. Though I was not talking about those, I was focusing on products that don't actually do anything better but often are just as bad if not worse than the ones they replace.

One of the problems with these environuts and "feel good freaks" is that they are driving the costs of good quality products made from all natural ingredients with their enviro-scare.

In reality, the new bulbs require more of them on to produce a healthy reading light, ask an optometrist you REALLY trust (many want to make money so they will lie just to make sure you have to see them in the future). Low flow plumbing while using less water in a moment must be used more frequently, to the point of excess, thus wasting more water. A big plus for water and sewer companies, who just happen to be the biggest supporters of these though they are called "green" products. Electric vehicles require more power to run than those which use gasoline, thus requiring more electricity and power plants. A big plus for those companies, which again are the biggest supporters of those.

Recycling ... the biggest scam of the environuts. First, the amount of landfill space in our entire country barely adds up to the space of one city, so it's unnecessary at best. However, there are many facts they hide from people. First the processing they have to use is VERY toxic, not just to the environment but the employees as well. Using all virgin products has a lower impact on the environment than recycling, so by increasing the amount of recycling we have increased the damage we do to the environment (correlating to the increase in global chaos since their inception). The scam part is that the recycling companies are draining taxes now, a LOT of taxes. It's one of the things that has driven Seattle broke. Another big lie that is well hidden is that the materials produced by recycling are only a very small portion of those needed. Ten glass bottles can make one bottle of the average size after the process. This is why the companies had to make the scare enough to con politicians into giving them tax dollars, they can't produce enough product from what they collect to make any profit.

All of it is a big scam.

Forum List

Back