Hypocrite

Most homeowners aren't going to convert their homes and change their ways when no one else is. It needs to be mandated.And while Gore's home wastes a lot of energy and Bush's doesn't, compare their policies when it comes to corporate pollution. Bush's policies are killing the planet. Gore's will clean up the planet.

I don't care that someone doesn't use florescent lightbulbs. I care that across the board we clean up our act.

Covert their homes, what the hell are you talking about? You do realize that the higher the energy efficiency is on say an A/C system, the more expensive the intial costs are right? What about low income Americans? You would force them to buy say a $15,000 dollar A/C equipment, so we can conserve energy? When they can buy A/C equipment that isn't quite as energy efficient that would cost them less than half?:cuckoo:

Be a little more compassionate please.....

Most homeowners aren't going to convert their homes and change their ways when no one else is. It needs to be mandated.

And while Gore's home wastes a lot of energy and Bush's doesn't, compare their policies when it comes to corporate pollution. Bush's policies are killing the planet. Gore's will clean up the planet.

I don't care that someone doesn't use florescent lightbulbs. I care that across the board we clean up our act.

What Bush's conservation efforts? You mean like the conservation that was outlined in Bush's Energy Policy Act of 2005, which Obama supported?

Do candidates pick their own vehicles while campaigning or are they government provided?

Just curious.

Don't know for sure but if you are going to take a position that Americans shouldn't drive around in their SUV's. It would behoove you to not ride around in a SUV.

Don't know for sure but if you are going to take a position that Americans shouldn't drive around in their SUV's. It would behoove you to not ride around in a SUV.

People shouldn't ride around in armoured vehicles, so Bush should ride around in a Prius?

Covert their homes, what the hell are you talking about? You do realize that the higher the energy efficiency is on say an A/C system, the more expensive the intial costs are right? What about low income Americans? You would force them to buy say a $15,000 dollar A/C equipment, so we can conserve energy? When they can buy A/C equipment that isn't quite as energy efficient that would cost them less than half?:cuckoo:

Be a little more compassionate please.....

So, basically, the only people who can afford to buy the least consumptive equipment (including vehicles) are the upper-middle and upper classes. And, oddly enough, liberals want just that - the upper class to take responsibility for the environment. Why, the poor lower class can't afford such luxuries as hybrid vehicles, yet that's the constituents liberals try to preach to. It's almost like paying reparations for slavery. They want to the rich to take care of the poor, for no reason other than the fact that the rich can.

So, basically, the only people who can afford to buy the least consumptive equipment (including vehicles) are the upper-middle and upper classes. And, oddly enough, liberals want just that - the upper class to take responsibility for the environment. Why, the poor lower class can't afford such luxuries as hybrid vehicles, yet that's the constituents liberals try to preach to. It's almost like paying reparations for slavery. They want to the rich to take care of the poor, for no reason other than the fact that the rich can.

I'm about to quit my job, because it will be so much easier and stress-free when barack hussein obama is president. i will be well taken care of as a non-working U.S. citizen(maybe not as well as a non-working illegal immigrant). I'll be able to live my life off of the other tax payer's dollars.

Most homeowners aren't going to convert their homes and change their ways when no one else is. It needs to be mandated.

And funding it somehow would be nice, too.

And while Gore's home wastes a lot of energy and Bush's doesn't, compare their policies when it comes to corporate pollution. Bush's policies are killing the planet. Gore's will clean up the planet.

True, but to say they're Bush's policies is somewhat partisan, don't you think? The D's used to have both houses of Congress AND the White House , too.

I agree.

But it's going to take a significant change in policies and considerable investment to make those across the board changes.

Was it armored? Probably.

... 506 days off as President and still counting. LOL.

This is too funny. You would think the lefties would be happy Bush takes vacations. They say he screws things up when working. So which is it, you want him working or on vacation?

Who takes more vacation days, Bush or Congress? Do federal holidays count as vacation?

Correct... I mean, he would be a hypocrite. I'm just wondering, because when my father was in government, oh so many years ago, he HAD to use the government-issued car in any official capacity. If that was the case here, then I guess it wouldn't be that bad. *shrugs*

This is too funny. You would think the lefties would be happy Bush takes vacations. They say he screws things up when working. So which is it, you want him working or on vacation?

Who takes more vacation days, Bush or Congress? Do federal holidays count as vacation?

Plus do they actually think the prez does nothing while at Camp David or their personal home or on a trip overseas?

They are truly clueless

Correct... I mean, he would be a hypocrite. I'm just wondering, because when my father was in government, oh so many years ago, he HAD to use the government-issued car in any official capacity. If that was the case here, then I guess it wouldn't be that bad. *shrugs*

Are you telling me that an energy efficient government issued vehicle couldn't have been used? Of course it could have, I think he has once again proved that his words are just that pretty speeches with no substance.

Are you telling me that an energy efficient government issued vehicle couldn't have been used? Of course it could have, I think he has once again proved that his words are just that pretty speeches with no substance.

No, I'm telling you that if the car they issue him is that car, and he HAS to use it, then... well, I guess he wouldn't have much of a choice. But that's the thing, I have no clue, that's why I was asking. AOSDHosdIAHDs. Either way, he could take the high road and just not use it, I guess they can't fire him. I'd guess it'd be a longshot since we're talking about candidates and not actual functionaries... although he is a senator, so I guess it could be.

I dunno, really. Either way, it made him look at an idiot, so he should probably stop using them anyway.

I'm about to quit my job, because it will be so much easier and stress-free when barack hussein obama is president. i will be well taken care of as a non-working U.S. citizen(maybe not as well as a non-working illegal immigrant). I'll be able to live my life off of the other tax payer's dollars.

Boy! ~ are YOU in for a surprise.

Head up, dude, Clinton's Welfare reforms make living off welfare not something you'll be able to do.

Do try it, though and get back to us with your first hand reports about how things are working out, won't you?

Boy! ~ are YOU in for a surprise.

Head up, dude, Clinton's Welfare reforms make living off welfare not something you'll be able to do.

Do try it, though and get back to us with your first hand reports about how things are working out, won't you?

I thought Clinton's welfare reforms...were actually part of the Republicans Contract with America?

Forum List

Back