Hypocrite business owner bemoans "didn't build that" while taking govt. loans

This is just a perfect example of right wing hypocrisy and inconsistency. This business owner, Melissa Ball, whines

"The one phrase wasn't even as bad as the whole together,"

when the President points out that government helps business to succeed. Yet she her hypocritical little self saw no problem with getting a $600,000 loan guaranteed by the taxpayer.

The battle over "You didn't build that" - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports

I personally take exception that this ungrateful little bitch took out a loan guaranteed by the People's tax dollars and - rather than thank the taxpayer for guaranteeing the loan - she acts insulted at the suggestion that we helped her out in the first place!

Did the government loan her the money or just secure the loan ?

The government secures the loan, and in doing so, the People take all the risk (with the secured portion of the loan) while the bank takes none. This enables her to borrow at lower interest rates. I don't hear her complaining about that.

Who the hell is Melissa Bell? The fact that Dims have managed to find a couple of business people who took advantage of government programs means that no businessman deserves credit for building his business?

That is really reaching.

Obama and the Dims have already lost the argument. 72% of the public believes Obama is wrong.

Personally, I'm happy Obama and his Obamaroids are doubling down and justifying his neo-Marxist, anti-American "You didn't build that" meme, it makes it quite clear who they are and what they stand for

desperate

:eusa_whistle:

I would bet a weeks sales receipts,that the Obamma apologist,are time clock punching biter hourly workers with dead end jobs.That have absolutely no idea whats it like to lie and bed at night ,not being able to sleep working on a problem to keep you company going. Or work in the field 12 hours then come home and work until the early hours of the next day,to keep your company going.

They all shout at the top of their lungs,I am bitter and envious,and are still unwilling to take any risks in life to change their pathetic exsistance.

The OP is just a retread of the argument from the left, 'if you want smaller government, then you should refuse everything that has been done by it.' The theme is if you oppose more government, then you are entitled to none. No police, fire dept, roads, water, etc. Never once acknowledging that 1. it's not the fed that built or maintains most of those services. 2. Whether or not one is in favor or against more government, we all pay in and are entitled to fair use.

The idea that one can say 'No' to projects like high speed rail, while supporting the FAA doesn't seem to occur to some people.

This is just a perfect example of right wing hypocrisy and inconsistency. This business owner, Melissa Ball, whines

when the President points out that government helps business to succeed. Yet she her hypocritical little self saw no problem with getting a $600,000 loan guaranteed by the taxpayer.

The battle over "You didn't build that" - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports

I personally take exception that this ungrateful little bitch took out a loan guaranteed by the People's tax dollars and - rather than thank the taxpayer for guaranteeing the loan - she acts insulted at the suggestion that we helped her out in the first place!

Why are you lefties so mind-bogglingly stupid that you think that all you need are roads, bridges, and cash to make a business successful?

Obama cult members have no problems attacking their fellow citizens if they criticize the Dear Leader...this thread is proof

Did the government loan her the money or just secure the loan ?

The government secures the loan, and in doing so, the People take all the risk (with the secured portion of the loan) while the bank takes none. This enables her to borrow at lower interest rates. I don't hear her complaining about that.

Who the hell is Melissa Bell? The fact that Dims have managed to find a couple of business people who took advantage of government programs means that no businessman deserves credit for building his business?

That is really reaching.

Obama and the Dims have already lost the argument. 72% of the public believes Obama is wrong.

You're really slow. The Democrats didn't "find" Melissa Ball. Did you read the fucking link in the OP? Is it too much to ask that the information contained therein not have to be repeated to you? The SBA has secured loans for tens of thousands of businessmen all across the country - all of them deserve credit for their businesses - however, not all of them express dismay at the suggestion they had help along the way from the government, because they DID - only a tiny fraction, the crazy Balls of the world, are insulted when it is suggested the government secured loan they took out actually helped them out.

Its amazing that righties could be insulted at someone telling them that lots of businessmen get government help - which is TRUE - but not insulted by the fact that those that have relied on the taxes of the People to aid their businesses snub their noses at the suggestion that the People helped them at all.

Last edited:
Personally, I'm happy Obama and his Obamaroids are doubling down and justifying his neo-Marxist, anti-American "You didn't build that" meme, it makes it quite clear who they are and what they stand for

What you think of Obama has nothing to do with what he says or does and has only to do with what FOX and AM Radio and the wealthy donors to entities like Crossroads GPS tell you to think of what he says and does.

desperate

I would bet a weeks sales receipts,that the Obamma apologist,are time clock punching biter hourly workers with dead end jobs.That have absolutely no idea whats it like to lie and bed at night ,not being able to sleep working on a problem to keep you company going. Or work in the field 12 hours then come home and work until the early hours of the next day,to keep your company going.

They all shout at the top of their lungs,I am bitter and envious,and are still unwilling to take any risks in life to change their pathetic exsistance.

I'll take your bets and your receipts then. I'm a physicist on a salary from a post-doctoral research position. I'm in my prime and the future is bright, and although I spend many hours lying in bed at night thinking of my work, I don't whine and bitch about it like you.

The OP is just a retread of the argument from the left, 'if you want smaller government, then you should refuse everything that has been done by it.' The theme is if you oppose more government, then you are entitled to none.

That's a nice straw man but its not the theme.

No police, fire dept, roads, water, etc. Never once acknowledging that 1. it's not the fed that built or maintains most of those services. 2. Whether or not one is in favor or against more government, we all pay in and are entitled to fair use.

The idea that one can say 'No' to projects like high speed rail, while supporting the FAA doesn't seem to occur to some people.

I'm not sure how this has anything to do with high speed rail or the fire department. This has only to do with a Romney supporter who took the People's help to get her business running and then was insulted when it was suggested she took the People's help. If you don't need the my help then why did you take it? And since you took it, is it too much to suggest that you did? Its the truth!

Last edited:

Why are you lefties so mind-bogglingly stupid that you think that all you need are roads, bridges, and cash to make a business successful?

We don't. Your premise is false. You're also a moron.

desperate

I'll take your bets and your receipts then. I'm a physicist on a salary from a post-doctoral research position. I'm in my prime and the future is bright, and although I spend many hours lying in bed at night thinking of my work, I don't whine and bitch about it like you.

Maybe not about your job but you are one of the whiniest, bitchiest people on this board.

Any time anyone disagrees with you you into automatic.

Maybe not about your job but you are one of the whiniest, bitchiest people on this board.

Any time anyone disagrees with you you into automatic.

Not sure what "you you automatic" means.

Ball Office Products, which Melissa Ball owns, received a $600 thousand loan from the Small Business Administration, and a more than $50 thousand dollar government contract. Both are big boosts directly from the government.

so much for her doing it on her own ...

On her own in America that is, with both Federal, State and local help. Sports teams get taxpayer funded stadiums for goodness sake.

Forum List

Back