Hypocrisy within the modern Christian Community

You just proved the point that you can't respect someone's beliefs. And it's funny how you're saying Jesus's name in Arabic as if I'm an immigrant. I'm born in the USA madman

Point out where the Bible says anything about respecting any beliefs but those of God.

That's your job. I'm not Christian. Either way if you're gonna rant don't quote my posts talk to other people

I quoted your post to point out to you that lying is something Isa said makes you the son of the Satan, who is the source of all lies. Since Mohammad lied he is a son of Satan, just like you.

I am :). I never will believe he is God or trinity. It sounds un abrahamic to me. Sorry :cool:

I like how you are too :). I've had a good experience with you, we disagree on politics but that's normal :)

The only way to know whether Jesus is who He claimed to be is the same way Peter did.

I respect your beliefs. But I don't believe in his divinity

Of course you don't. You havent learned of it the way Peter did. That's my point. I wouldn't expect you to until you have your own revelation from the Father.

The only way to know whether Jesus is who He claimed to be is the same way Peter did.

Of course you don't. You havent learned of it the way Peter did. That's my point. I wouldn't expect you to until you have your own revelation from the Father.

I don't believe in a humans divinity and I'm not the only one out there. We disagree but might as well not discuss it since we already disagree. But is that how a Christian acts like qauntam? Do you consider him a good Christian?

Point out where the Bible says anything about respecting any beliefs but those of God.

That's your job. I'm not Christian. Either way if you're gonna rant don't quote my posts talk to other people

I quoted your post to point out to you that lying is something Isa said makes you the son of the Satan, who is the source of all lies. Since Mohammad lied he is a son of Satan, just like you.

According to your logic. You would never say that to my face

I've heard lots of Christians say they are supposed to respect people's beliefs, maybe avatar can tell us he's more informed on Christianity than you

You may not be Christian, but you are one of the people saying it's required of Christians. Granted, I dont necessarily think everything that Christians are required to do is in the Bible, otherwise, what's the point of the Holy Spirit? But it seems to me that they aren't necessary hypocrites for not respecting others beliefs if they dont believe in doing so to begin with.

I am not familiar with a verse of scripture that says to respect the beliefs of others. I am familiar with verses advocating kindness. Which is why i try to respect others. Though the times the scriptures mentionr respect, it's usually in a negative connotation concerning respecting one person because of his wealth and disrespecting another in his poverty and warnings against doing that. It also speaks about how there is no respect of persons in the Gospel.

I dont think they necessarily mean respect in the same way as we use the term. But as I said, I think it's more accurate to say that we need to be kind to others. We can do that and rebuke at times when needed to by the Holy Spirit. But then if they Holy Spirit isn't prompting us to rebuke, I think the default should be kindness.

As I said earlier, I dont think everything is in the Bible. In fact, the greatest guide on how to persuade people and invite the power of God into our life is not. I think it is summed up in the following:

Behold, there are many called, but few are chosen. And why are they not chosen?

Because their hearts are set so much upon the things of this world, and aspire to the honors of men, that they do not learn this one lesson—

That the rights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven, and that the powers of heaven cannot be controlled nor handled only upon the principles of righteousness.

That they may be conferred upon us, it is true; but when we undertake to cover our sins, or to gratify our pride, our vain ambition, or to exercise control or dominion or compulsion upon the souls of the children of men, in any degree of unrighteousness, behold, the heavens withdraw themselves; the Spirit of the Lord is grieved; and when it is withdrawn, Amen to the priesthood or the authority of that man.

Behold, ere he is aware, he is left unto himself, to kick against the pricks, to persecute the saints, and to fight against God.

We have learned by sad experience that it is the nature and disposition of almost all men, as soon as they get a little authority, as they suppose, they will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion.

Hence many are called, but few are chosen.

No power or influence can or ought to be maintained by virtue of the priesthood, only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned;

By kindness, and pure knowledge, which shall greatly enlarge the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile—

Reproving betimes with sharpness, when moved upon by the Holy Ghost; and then showing forth afterwards an increase of love toward him whom thou hast reproved, lest he esteem thee to be his enemy;

That he may know that thy faithfulness is stronger than the cords of death.

Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven.

The Holy Ghost shall be thy constant companion, and thy scepter an unchanging scepter of righteousness and truth; and thy dominion shall be an everlasting dominion, and without compulsory means it shall flow unto thee forever and ever (D&C 121: 34-46)

There is power in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The power to change one's life. The power to convince others to change theirs. There is power to live life as a son of God. The Son of God became a man so that men could become the sons of God. The Atonement can heal. The Atonement can give peace. The Atonement can give purpose and make us Holy. If we let it.

I don't believe in a humans divinity and I'm not the only one out there. We disagree but might as well not discuss it since we already disagree. But is that how a Christian acts like qauntam? Do you consider him a good Christian?

It's not my place to judge Him. Ill leave that to God.

I will say Christ said that there are none good but God. He even objected to being called good. I would think that if the Son of God, being Holy, did not think He deserved to be called good, how much more do we, being unholy, not deserve to be called good.

I've heard lots of Christians say they are supposed to respect people's beliefs, maybe avatar can tell us he's more informed on Christianity than you

You may not be Christian, but you are one of the people saying it's required of Christians. Granted, I dont necessarily think everything that Christians are required to do is in the Bible, otherwise, what's the point of the Holy Spirit? But it seems to me that they aren't necessary hypocrites for not respecting others beliefs if they dont believe in doing so to begin with.

I am not familiar with a verse of scripture that says to respect the beliefs of others. I am familiar with verses advocating kindness. Which is why i try to respect others. Though the times the scriptures mentionr respect, it's usually in a negative connotation concerning respecting one person because of his wealth and disrespecting another in his poverty and warnings against doing that. It also speaks about how there is no respect of persons in the Gospel.

I dont think they necessarily mean respect in the same way as we use the term. But as I said, I think it's more accurate to say that we need to be kind to others. We can do that and rebuke at times when needed to by the Holy Spirit. But then if they Holy Spirit isn't prompting us to rebuke, I think the default should be kindness.

As I said earlier, I dont think everything is in the Bible. In fact, the greatest guide on how to persuade people and invite the power of God into our life is not. I think it is summed up in the following:

Because their hearts are set so much upon the things of this world, and aspire to the honors of men, that they do not learn this one lesson—

That the rights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven, and that the powers of heaven cannot be controlled nor handled only upon the principles of righteousness.

That they may be conferred upon us, it is true; but when we undertake to cover our sins, or to gratify our pride, our vain ambition, or to exercise control or dominion or compulsion upon the souls of the children of men, in any degree of unrighteousness, behold, the heavens withdraw themselves; the Spirit of the Lord is grieved; and when it is withdrawn, Amen to the priesthood or the authority of that man.

Behold, ere he is aware, he is left unto himself, to kick against the pricks, to persecute the saints, and to fight against God.

We have learned by sad experience that it is the nature and disposition of almost all men, as soon as they get a little authority, as they suppose, they will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion.

No power or influence can or ought to be maintained by virtue of the priesthood, only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned;

By kindness, and pure knowledge, which shall greatly enlarge the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile—

Reproving betimes with sharpness, when moved upon by the Holy Ghost; and then showing forth afterwards an increase of love toward him whom thou hast reproved, lest he esteem thee to be his enemy;

Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven.

The Holy Ghost shall be thy constant companion, and thy scepter an unchanging scepter of righteousness and truth; and thy dominion shall be an everlasting dominion, and without compulsory means it shall flow unto thee forever and ever (D&C 121: 34-46)

There is power in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The power to change one's life. The power to convince others to change theirs. There is power to live life as a son of God. The Son of God became a man so that men could become the sons of God. The Atonement can heal. The Atonement can give peace. The Atonement can give purpose and make us Holy. If we let it.

He thinks he's the only person in the world with a right belief, that's bigoted and fundematlist. He makes Christians sound annoying and hateful. But I know many Irish Catholics who are the nicest people I met. So he's fake to me

I see nothing in anything he says that would indicate that he wouldn't say that your face.

Perhaps he would. Perhaps he wouldn't. I don't know. I dont see how you do.

I see nothing in anything he says that would indicate that he wouldn't say that your face.

No he wouldn't. He's a coward with a horrible fundematlist logic. I don't go around calling people sons of Satan. He's a complete hypocrite and a fake, Christians don't do that, racists and bigots do.

He thinks he's the only person in the world with a right belief, that's bigoted and fundematlist. He makes Christians sound annoying and hateful. But I know many Irish Catholics who are the nicest people I met. So he's fake to me

I've seen nothing to indicate that at all. I just think he sees that if Christianity is correct, Islam is not. If Islam is correct, Christianity is not. That's got nothing to do with being bigotted, it's just a simple fact. Both faiths cannot be correct as they contradict one another. Either one is correct and the other is not correct, or they are both incorrect.

That is not to say there are not truths found among both faiths. Just that one is more correct than the other. I dont see anything bigotted about that. It's just good common sense.

And most people don't believe lies. At least they dont admit to themselves that they do. So it's completely logical to expect a person to believe that they are correct and those who pose a counter view are incorrect. After all, if they thought they were correct, they would likely correct themselves to become correct, at least if they are honest. There are sadly some people who will lie to themselves to no end.

There is nothing wrong with this reasoning. The problem comes when one becomes unkind in their actions with regards to this reasoning.

No he wouldn't. He's a coward with a horrible fundematlist logic. I don't go around calling people sons of Satan. He's a complete hypocrite and a fake, Christians don't do that, racists and bigots do.

Is Christ a hypocrite and fake? Was John the Baptist a hypocrite and fake?

Where did you come up with this?

I've seen nothing to indicate that at all. I just think he sees that if Christianity is correct, Islam is not. If Islam is correct, Christianity is not. That's got nothing to do with being bigotted, it's just a simple fact. Both faiths cannot be correct as they contradict one another. Either one is correct and the other is not correct, or they are both incorrect.

That is not to say there are not truths found among both faiths. Just that one is more correct than the other. I dont see anything bigotted about that. It's just good common sense.

And most people don't believe lies. At least they dont admit to themselves that they do. So it's completely logical to expect a person to believe that they are correct and those who pose a counter view are incorrect. After all, if they thought they were correct, they would likely correct themselves to become correct, at least if they are honest. There are sadly some people who will lie to themselves to no end.

There is nothing wrong with this reasoning. The problem comes when one becomes unkind in their actions with regards to this reasoning.

It's not about right or wrong. He's a bigot and is hardheaded no question about it. He would never say that to my face

If Christianity is right then every other religon must be wrong, Islam, Judaism , Buddhism, etc,etc.

Last edited:

The Bible. Specifically the verses he just quoted and you didnt respond to.

I never called any of them hypocrites. Quatnam is though why are your trying to defend him? How do I respond to someone who I responded to hundreds of times but he chose to ignore them because he's ignorant? Don't play that game now :cool:. Is that really a question? What a sick person

I never called any of them hypocrites. Quatnam is though why are your trying to defend him? How do I respond to someone who I responded to hundreds of times but he chose to ignore them because he's ignorant? Don't play that game now :cool:. Is that really a question? What a sick person

You said Christians dont call people the sons of satan. Christ and John the Baptist did this in the scriptures. How can you claim that?

I don't have to defend him. He can defend himself. I am just pointing out problems with your claims.

How do I act? Do I neg rep you and then whine about you being a bigot in private, or do I air my grievances with your positions in public?

Bring your face here and prove me wrong.

You said Christians dont call people the sons of satan. Christ and John the Baptist did this in the scriptures. How can you claim that?

I don't have to defend him. He can defend himself. I am just pointing out problems with your claims.

They called certain people sons of satan. Jesus didn't go around calling everybody a son of satan who's going to hell. You have a huge misunderstanding of Jesus. He was a brown middle easterner and was known for respect and patience. He needs to learn that. Someone who says he follows Jesus than resorts to garbage like that is a fake.

Now you can read minds? Or do you jump to that ridiculous conclusion because I refuse to accept your beliefs?

Forum List

Back