Hypocrisy: Hagel's war on women

pointing out the hypocrisy of the left or right is like pointing out the blue in the sky or the wet in water.

have fun

no...the fun is not pointing it ouit...the fun is watching them divert from it

I find it amusing that wingnuts suddenly care about gays and abortion now.

Let's be honest, the only reason why Hagel is under fire is the Zionist lobby doesn't want him.

But they can't s how their faces openly, because someone might actually ask perfectly sensible questions like "Why did my kid come home in a body bag for Israel?"

I'm not pro-Israel

It will be fun to see Tea Party favorite Rand Paul voting for his nomination and neocon rinos McCain and Graham voting against it

One does not need to be pro Israel to understand the importance of an ally/friend in the Middle East.

First, the Zionist Entity is no one's friend but its own.

Second why do we "need a friend" over there? We really shouldn't have anything to do with that part of the world, which was crazy a thousand years before there was a United States and will still be crazy in 1000 years.

If we spent the money on energy independence we spend playing "Hall Monitor of the Middle East" we'd be a lot more prosperous as a country.

“I am pro-life with one exception — the life of the mother. I oppose taxpayer funded abortions. We must promote adoption and support the strengthening of American families. I will vote with and support the pro-life movement,” Hagel said in a piece of 1996 campaign literature, according to the Omaha World Herald.

Then Senate-candidate Hagel said that he “tightened” his position on abortion after he said he discovered that abortion in the case of rape and incest are “rare” according to multiple local press reports.

“As I looked at those numbers, if I want to prevent abortions, I don’t think those two exceptions are relevant,” Hagel said, according to the Omaha paper.

Voting record:

- Voted YES on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
- Voted YES on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion. (Mar 2008)
- Voted YES on barring HHS grants to organizations that perform abortions. (Oct 2007)
- Voted NO on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
- Voted YES on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
- Voted NO on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
- Voted YES on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
- Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
- Voted YES on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
- Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions. (Oct 1999)
- Voted YES on banning human cloning. (Feb 1998)
- Rated 0% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record. (Dec 2003)
- Rated 100% by the NRLC, indicating a pro-life stance. (Dec 2006)
- Prohibit transporting minors across state lines for abortion. (Jan 2008)
Chuck Hagel on Abortion
Link Each Copy And Paste To It's Source.

He was a Senator from 1997 to 2009, not 30 years ago. This issue has cost the GOP two Senate seats.

I do not believe that candidates with a sincere conviction against abortion are conducting a war against women.

What bloated, ridiculous, hyperbole.

Thanks,

a pro-choice woman.

Let's be honest, the only reason why Hagel is under fire is the Zionist lobby doesn't want him.

But they can't s how their faces openly, because someone might actually ask perfectly sensible questions like "Why did my kid come home in a body bag for Israel?"

The amusing thing here is how you suddenly figured out they only matter when it is politically expedient.

[

I do not believe that candidates with a sincere conviction against abortion are conducting a war against women.

What bloated, ridiculous, hyperbole.

Thanks,

a pro-choice woman.

No, what they are practicing is a "Let's appeal to Religious nutbags so they don't notice we are dismantling their Middle Class Way of Life."

They have no intention of banning abortion, just keeping people mad about it so they can win primaries.

Except now it's become a liability in general elections... so they don't want to talk about it any more.

Idiot.....Most of the "Jewish" lobby is staying out of the Hagel nomination fight. So you and Hagel have the same position on the "Jewish" lobby, which is why people don't want him. Just think JoeB the nutjob running the defense dept.? Hagel isn't much better he's a loose cannon.

Pro-Israel Lobby AIPAC Sitting Out Hagel Fight

As Chuck Hagel’s critics line up, accusing him of being anti-Israel, the country’s biggest Israel lobby appears to be standing down. Eli Lake on a surprising move.

Notably absent from the cast of critics: the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, or AIPAC, Washington’s largest and most well funded pro-Israel lobby.

The powerful lobby, which doesn’t typically shy away from a fight, has decided to sit this one out, say several House and Senate staff members, as well as some pro-Israel activists in Washington.

“Staffers and members are trying to find out what AIPAC thinks of Hagel, and we are not getting anything,” one Senate Republican staff member said. Another Senate staff member said, “AIPAC will be sitting this one out.”

AIPAC spokesman Marshall Wittman didn’t comment directly on its strategy regarding Hagel’s nomination. “Our position remains the same as it always has been,” said Wittman. “AIPAC does not take positions on presidential nominations.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/01/07/pro-israel-lobby-aipac-sitting-out-hagel-fight.html

Most Liberal Jews will never come out against Obama on anything. They find reasons to support him no matter what he does:eusa_eh:

I find it amusing that the left is ignoring hagel's stance on abortion and gays just because their king Obama has chosen him. Lol

I find it amusing that the left is ignoring hagel's stance on abortion and gays just because their king Obama has chosen him. Lol

i find it amusing that morons think that abortion and gays have anything to being the secretary of defense.

Idiot.....Most of the "Jewish" lobby is staying out of the Hagel nomination fight. So you and Hagel have the same position on the "Jewish" lobby, which is why people don't want him. Just think JoeB the nutjob running the defense dept.? Hagel isn't much better he's a loose cannon.

Pro-Israel Lobby AIPAC Sitting Out Hagel Fight

As Chuck Hagel’s critics line up, accusing him of being anti-Israel, the country’s biggest Israel lobby appears to be standing down. Eli Lake on a surprising move.

Notably absent from the cast of critics: the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, or AIPAC, Washington’s largest and most well funded pro-Israel lobby.

The powerful lobby, which doesn’t typically shy away from a fight, has decided to sit this one out, say several House and Senate staff members, as well as some pro-Israel activists in Washington.

“Staffers and members are trying to find out what AIPAC thinks of Hagel, and we are not getting anything,” one Senate Republican staff member said. Another Senate staff member said, “AIPAC will be sitting this one out.”

AIPAC spokesman Marshall Wittman didn’t comment directly on its strategy regarding Hagel’s nomination. “Our position remains the same as it always has been,” said Wittman. “AIPAC does not take positions on presidential nominations.”
Pro-Israel Lobby, AIPAC, Sitting Out Hagel Fight - The Daily Beast

Most Liberal Jews will never come out against Obama on anything. They find reasons to support him no matter what he does:eusa_eh:
You're right, Jroc. Loose cannon lips sink ships.

Hagel doesn't hate jews.

He just wants to put U.S. interests first in the middle east.

What is the problem with that?? :cool:

Israel is the top U.S. interest in the Middle-East.

Barry and company want to change that.

He doesn't know or doesn't care that unless the U.S. converts to Islam we'll never be friends with anyone in the ME other than Israel.

Hagel doesn't hate jews.

He doesn't know or doesn't care that unless the U.S. converts to Islam we'll never be friends with anyone in the ME other than Israel.

LOL! No, it's not.

A reliable, stable and uninterrupted supply of petroleum is our #1 interest in the ME.

Israel isn't even in that same universe.

There is nothing to change about that, since that doesn't even exist.

You're welcome!

How is his stance on abortion going to effect his ability to be Sec. Of Defense? Will he be voting on abortion rights? Writing new laws?

Obama turned NASA into a Muslim outreach agency......why not imagine him turning the Department of Defense into an exercise of diversity and non-descrimination as far as race and sexual orientation is concerned.

Melt down those guns and give up all of that nasty national defense stuff. We can fight the wars with robots and drones.

i find it amusing that morons think that abortion and gays have anything to being the secretary of defense.

Hagel opposes abortions on military installations and allowing gays to serve in the military even under DADT, never mind openly, how is that not relevant to his nomination?

Hagel doesn't hate jews.

LOL! No, it's not.

A reliable, stable and uninterrupted supply of petroleum is our #1 interest in the ME.

Israel isn't even in that same universe.

There is nothing to change about that, since that doesn't even exist.

You're welcome!

Oil supply is not Obama's #1 issue because we don't need their oil we have plenty of energy reserves here and we need to exploit those not only for the energy but the jobs and the revenue which it will create no brainer except for Obama and the libs..."you're welcome"

The Zionist (not Jewish) Lobby is staying out of the Hagel fight because they know Americans are sick and tired of watching their kids come home in body bags.

In this time when we are openly talking about cutting Medicare and Social Security, the last thing the Zionists want is Americans openly asking, "Why the fuck are we sending 4 billion a year to Israel and another 4 billion to her neighbors to make them all play nice?"

As to why "Liberal" Jews aren't coming out about Obama on this, that's simple enough.

Most of them don't care about the Zionist Entity that much to start with.

Zionism is like Crazy Uncle Moshe who starts ranting about Hitler at your Goyim Friends at your Bat-Miztvah. It's an apartheid state that just makes them look bad.

The reality is, with the wars winding down and cuts coming in everything to keep Medicare afloat, there are going to be huge cuts at the Pentagon, and Obama needs a Republican War Hero to do that with credibility.

Hagel doesn't hate jews.

Again, you really think the Zionists are anyone's friends but their own?

Get Real. We've been getting played for 60 years.

We have a problem with Islam because we keep sticking our dicks in the Hornet's nest and wondering why we get stung.

That is when we aren't nurturing bigger hornets (Saddam, Bin Laden) that turn around and sting us even harder.

....And, Republicans are all-of-a-sudden concerned about.....

.....for Sec. Of Defense.

handjob.gif

Forum List

Back