hypocracy of Islam

Shattered said:
How'd it go from -313 to -297?! I wanna see what comes after goats, dammit. Especially if it's who I think it is.

Look up User Name 8236, he is the only person to pass "Sucks off Goats" and go into "Is off the scale..."

Drat.. I was hoping it would be something far more "catchy". Might have to rework that...

no1tovote4 said:
Doubtful. However, many muslims are equally hypocritical. The assumption that they are all perfect muslims because they hold guns is inane. They specifically were part of a muslim group, thus the assumption of following Islam. The article may be hysterical, but you can find other sources including the Washington Times where the article got their information. The Priests were upset about the desecration, but Christians didn't riot and kill more Christians in protest.

It is an excuse...
They are part of a Palestinian political group, not a Muslim religious group. The fight between Palestinians and Israelis isn't primarily a theological dispute, it is political. It doesn't make sense to attribute religious motivation to misconduct by soldiers. The torture of Muslims at Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib is *not* an example of "Christian hypocrisy," it is an example of young fighters doing something they should not have done. Christian hypocrisy is better illustrated by your ignorant hatred of people who are different from you. When the Prophet Jesus, peace be upon Him, returns, Muslims who have obeyed the Holy Koran will be led to Paradise while Christians who disobeyed the Sermon on the Mount (like you) will be put to bed with Michael Jackson for all eternity! You better watch out! He's coming back and He's gonna be pissed off!

mrsx said:
If Islam is a "hell bent for leather political machine on a mission to convert the world to Islam" why do they fight among themselves and fight the West only when attacked?

They fight over certain theologies within Islam ie: Shi'i vs Sunni. As for being attacked, what century are you referring to? Anyway, aside from differences within each sect, the idea is brotherhood. What an "infidel" does to one muslim, is done to all.

archangel said:
you cut through the chase...the Crusades were pre "Ottoman Empire" Islam has been and continues to be a hell bent for leather political machine on a mission to convert the world to Islam...not for religious values mind you but a complete take over using any means at their disposal...the Crusades are a continuing effort to stop this 7th Century philosophy...please for your own sake come into the light of the 21st Century! ;)

I can't think of his name off hand, but there was a Muslim scholar who expressed joy over the thought of Islam being brought to the new world (via Ottman conquest no doubt)........as in N. America. What a drip. :laugh:

padisha emperor said:
Sorry, I had no time to read the whole thread.

The muslims destruct some symbols of other religions, yes. and it is unexcusable.
And they're angry to see the Koran beeing flushed in the toilets.

But it's a normal reaction : Christianity destroyed also a lot of other religions' symbols. And if the Bible would be flushed in toilets, the Christians would be also angry, it's normal.

it's not because they did some bad things that they haven't the right to be angry.

And the people who did there destructions are mulsim fanatics for the most part. it's not the "true" Islam.
Look to the majority of the mulsim population, they are not like that.

(and i don't think that the soldier who flushed the Koran was a christian fanatic... so there is a little difference)

Okay Padisha, the bible as well as Christian holy sites have been burned, pillaged, and destroyed by Muslims and even most recently as I have stated many times in 2002 at the church of the holy nativity, and I don't recall there being any rioting on the part of Christians or even any outrage expressed by the media on behalf of Christians as they do for Muslims by falsely reporting a story that never happened and then refusing any real accountablility for what followed. Additionally thanks to the Ottomans sacking of Constantinople many years ago Christians lost in fires many books of the bible that can never be recovered.

mrsx said:
They are part of a Palestinian political group, not a Muslim religious group. The fight between Palestinians and Israelis isn't primarily a theological dispute, it is political. It doesn't make sense to attribute religious motivation to misconduct by soldiers. The torture of Muslims at Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib is *not* an example of "Christian hypocrisy," it is an example of young fighters doing something they should not have done. Christian hypocrisy is better illustrated by your ignorant hatred of people who are different from you. When the Prophet Jesus, peace be upon Him, returns, Muslims who have obeyed the Holy Koran will be led to Paradise while Christians who disobeyed the Sermon on the Mount (like you) will be put to bed with Michael Jackson for all eternity! You better watch out! He's coming back and He's gonna be pissed off!

They are a political wing of a Muslim Religious group. The assumption that they are Muslim is not something that is particularly crazy and in fact is based in logic as the particular "political" goal of that organization is Muslim in origin.

I am not a Christian, do not seek to insult me by attributing a religion that is not mine to me. I may know the Bible and be able to answer some of your questions about it, but I am still not a Christian. Your assumption has once again made you make an ass out of yourself.

You should begin to be more careful.

no1tovote4 said:
They are a political wing of a Muslim Religious group. The assumption that they are Muslim is not something that is particularly crazy. I am not a Christian, do not seek to insult me by attributing a religion that is not mine to me. I may know the Bible, but I am still not a Christian. Your assumption has once again made an ass out of yourself. You should begin to be more careful.

I guess she forgot about the Dome of the Rock, nothing religious there.

mrsx said:

Everything about the fighting between Palestinians and Israelis is religious in nature, politics is the excuse used. And since the holy Quran advocates killing all non Muslims what you are saying then is that those who kill are welcomed into paradise while us Christians who dare to question that philosophy will be damned? I can recall no part of the Sermon on the Mount suggesting that!!

Bonnie said:
Everything about the fighting between Palestinians and Israelis is religious in nature, politics is the excuse used.

To day anything different is simply living with your head up your arse. Why even argue with her over that point?

Bonnie said:
Your right, why waste the energy!! :bang3:

To say their plight hasn't undergone any transformations over time, is one thing, but the conflict, at it's most basic level is religious. I wonder if Arabian knows that the some of the first anti-Israel terrorist org came out of Egypt. I'm sure he'll correct me though. :cool:

mrsx said:
If Islam is a "hell bent for leather political machine on a mission to convert the world to Islam" why do they fight among themselves and fight the West only when attacked?

The Crusades may indeed be an attempt to stop this 7th Century philosophy with a 1st Century philosophy. It didn't work in 1198 and it ain't working now. Crusader control of Jerusalem lasted a couple of centuries last time. It doesn't look as if Israel or Castle Green Zone in Baghdad will make it half that long this time. Especially if the Prophet Jesus, peace be upon Him, returns!

The 1st Century was Jesus time...pre Islam...1198 was the 12th Century..pre Ottoman Empire...The 7th Century dates to the start of Islam... :dunno: about you and your arguments! :confused:

mrsx said:
When the Prophet Jesus, peace be upon Him, returns, Muslims who have obeyed the Holy Koran will be led to Paradise while Christians who disobeyed the Sermon on the Mount (like you) will be put to bed with Michael Jackson for all eternity! You better watch out! He's coming back and He's gonna be pissed off!

You have claimed to be a Christian, yet you refer to Jesus as a prophet and claim that upon His return, He will take Msulims to heaven? I think you should reread your Bible.

Trigg said:
I think you dont understand the topic of this thread. this thread was started to point out the fact that on numerous occasions the islamic people have distroyed others religious icons and material yet you condone that. How can you fain outrage over the desecretion of your materials and do the same to others.

The 2 items that I pulled out of the story such as Josephs tomb's distructions and the distruction of the Buddihst Staues happend "BEFORE" we went into Iraq. Where is your outrage at Sadam Husien?? Didnt he kill hundreds of thousands yet the islamic community is upset that a "ENGLISH" not US paper printed pictures of him in his underware.

I dont understand a group of people that are willing to kill and distroy in the name of thier religion and yet expect the rest of the world to stand by and let them do it. You expect to be treated with reverence and compassion yet you in no way have shown to be willing to do the same.

I am not talking about you inparticular but as a group if you dont condemn what they do than you condone it. In case you and the rest of the Arab world hasn't noticed the people of the US dont always agree with what our gov't does and when we dont we protest and dispay or diespleasur "WITHOUT KILLING OTHER PEOPLE OR DISTROYING OTHERS THINGS" Think about it and try to be the "tolerant" religion you say you are.......

okay peolple in usa dont agree with their government okay ,, that what you mean

then why you assume that islam agree with what every muslim doo,, and not all ofcourse ,,, those who abuse the islam

gop_jeff said:
You have claimed to be a Christian, yet you refer to Jesus as a prophet and claim that upon His return, He will take Msulims to heaven? I think you should reread your Bible.
Perhaps a thread should be started to discuss trinitarian vs unitarian Christian belief. It is a great topic but not really related to the hypocrisy of Islam. I understand that there are some Christians that say that Jesus was the God of Abraham and than none can be saved except through Him. I respect that school of thought. I don't belong to it. I suppose you could say I am not your kind of Christian, but you can't say I'm not a Christain. Thanks for being courteous about this "hot" issue.

Arabian said:
okay peolple in usa dont agree with their government okay ,, that what you mean

then why you assume that islam agree with what every muslim doo,, and not all ofcourse ,,, those who abuse the islam

Because they remain silent. They do not remove the Mullahs that preach terrorism and choose new ones. Their silence is implied agreement.

no1tovote4 said:
Because they remain silent. They do not remove the Mullahs that preach terrorism and choose new ones. Their silence is implied agreement.
I haven't removed Pat Robertson or Billy Graham's kid who are preaching that Islam is a satanic religion and calling for a Crusade. That doesn't mean I am in agreement with them implied or otherwise. Yours is a silly way to look at the complexity of the Muslim world. The leaders in Saudi Arabia or the Palestinian Authority keep these guys up there for the same reasons that George Bush and Don Rumsfeld keep Jerry Boykin on the job despite his fanatic bigotry - it suits their political needs and keeps the base energized. It's politics, not theology, and most Muslims haven't any more to say about it than do I about Crazy Jerry.

mrsx said:
I haven't removed Pat Robertson or Billy Graham's kid who are preaching that Islam is a satanic religion and calling for a Crusade. That doesn't mean I am in agreement with them implied or otherwise. Yours is a silly way to look at the complexity of the Muslim world. The leaders in Saudi Arabia or the Palestinian Authority keep these guys up there for the same reasons that George Bush and Don Rumsfeld keep Jerry Boykin on the job despite his fanatic bigotry - it suits their political needs and keeps the base energized. It's politics, not theology, and most Muslims haven't any more to say about it than do I about Crazy Jerry.

The difference here would be that Mullahs are CHOSEN by the Congregation in the Muslim religion, it is not so in the Christian religion.

http://www.islamicsupremecouncil.org/bin/site/ftp/ISCA - Islam and Democracy.htm#_Toc14018349
1.2 Democratic Election of Leaders

From the beginning, Islam has mandated democracy through a shura (elected council of leaders), a process through which people sit together, consult with one another, and select one person to represent them. This process was recently employed in Afghanistan where, according to a fifteen-century old tradition, the people choose representatives who then gathered to choose not only a leader, but a cabinet and national assembly. The recent loya jirga that confirmed Hamid Karzai as president of Afghanistan, demonstrated once again that Islamic rule is based on democratic choice.

Thus the leaders are chosen, much like our political leaders here. Thus when the silence is deafening, it is implied consent. That they remain as Mullahs is direct consent...

And another site about Islam, with a section about how they choose their leaders...

http://www.shirazi.org.uk/freedom.htm#_Toc477430030

Choosing the ruler by general election
Among these freedoms is political freedom, which deals with the relationship between the leader and the citizens. The leader must be chosen by the Islamic community from those people who posses the correct Islamic criteria in that he must be knowledgeable, of suitable age, and just etc. Many traditions related to choosing the ruler have been mentioned in the book 'Government in Islam' by the same author as well as in other Islamic books. We will limit ourselves here to one tradition only related by Salim Ibn Qays Al-Hilali in his book about Amir-ol-Mo'meneen that he said:’ It is imperative in Allah's rule and the rule of Islam that the believers do not lift a finger after the death of their Imam before choosing for themselves a virtuous, knowledgeable, pious Imam who knows how to make judgement and knows the traditions of the Prophet. He will manage their sustenance, uphold the Hajj pilgrimage and the congregational prayers and their community and manage their charity.'

Forum List

Back