Hyphenated-Americans

Oh, Really! Just for starters there's

How many of those individuals remained loyal to the country they left and how many became American citizens, and in several cases actively worked to protect and defend the United States?

The one who might be an issue is Mr. Andretti.

Wanna try that again with what I was actually talking about.... ideals, philosophies, and objects?
Well here are a few objects for you.
Enrico Fermi 1932 Nuclear Reactor
Konrad Zuse 1939 First Programmable Computer
Federico Faggin 1971 Computer Microprocessor
Robert Cailliau 1992 World Wide Web
Hans Geiger 1928 Geiger Counter
Joseph Begun 1935 Tape Recorder
Max Knoll 1930 Electron Microscope
Paul Kollsman 1928 Barometric Altimeter
Jacques Cousteau 1942 Demand Regulator for Scuba Diving
Igor Sikorsky 1940 Single Rotor Helicopter
Vladimir Zworykin 1928 Cathode Ray Tube

Dat's Granny...

... she's a gator-trappin', turtle-snappin', Indian-wrestlin', Cajun-American...

... an' all ye Bible-hatin', terrorist-sympathizin', illegal alien-abettin', yankee media-type, lefty-lib'rals...

.. would be well advised not to mess with her...

... or ye liable to draw back a bloody nub.
:cool:

Last edited:
here is one of my fav dual citizens
Wernher Magnus Maximilian, Freiherr[1] von Braun (March 23, 1912 – June 16, 1977) was a German rocket scientist, aerospace engineer, space architect, and one of the leading figures in the development of rocket technology in Nazi Germany during World War II and in the United States after that.

A
Oh, Really! Just for starters there's

How many of those individuals remained loyal to the country they left and how many became American citizens, and in several cases actively worked to protect and defend the United States?

The one who might be an issue is Mr. Andretti.

Wanna try that again with what I was actually talking about.... ideals, philosophies, and objects?
Well here are a few objects for you.
Enrico Fermi 1932 Nuclear Reactor
Konrad Zuse 1939 First Programmable Computer
Federico Faggin 1971 Computer Microprocessor
Robert Cailliau 1992 World Wide Web
Hans Geiger 1928 Geiger Counter
Joseph Begun 1935 Tape Recorder
Max Knoll 1930 Electron Microscope
Paul Kollsman 1928 Barometric Altimeter
Jacques Cousteau 1942 Demand Regulator for Scuba Diving
Igor Sikorsky 1940 Single Rotor Helicopter
Vladimir Zworykin 1928 Cathode Ray Tube

A couple comments:

- The first programmable computer was designed by Charles Babbage of england in the 1860s. Zuse's "Z" machines were probably the first electro-mechanical programmable computers, but were special purpose. The first fully electronic, general purpose programmable computer, ie, the fore-runner of todays machines, was the ENIAC created by Mauchley and Eckert at the University of Pennsylvania during WWII.

- The above distinguished list is hardly what we're getting today - the worst of the worst - instant welfare clients.

I'm Jewish-American. Nice to meet you.

The reason why people designate blank-American is because America has subcultures. I'm Jewish-American. I have different holidays, different foods, different customs, language, etc.

Don't fear diversity, dude.

The reason why people designate blank-American is because America has subcultures. I'm Jewish-American. I have diff
erent holidays, different foods, different customs, language, etc.

anyone who doesn't fear the leftwing version of "diversity" is a fool.

Hyphenated Americans..... Mexican-Americans; Asian-Americans; German-Americans; Irish-Americans; Muslim-Americans; Christian-Americans; Jewish-Americans; etc.... these people piss me off. It's one of my biggest pet peeves.

I'm an Italian-American you cracker piece of shit. My people came over in boats in the 1890's and you crackers treat us like shit for decades and now you suckas spend your paychecks eating our food so SUCK ON IT BITCH.

You are either an AMERICAN or you AREN'T.
Aren't Mexicans already from America? havn't looked at a map lately but I think there are more countries on the American super-continent than the U.S.
You cannot have a loyalty to another place, or another philosophy and still have the proper amount of loyalty to the United States of America.
who the fuck appointed you the judge of people's loyalty **** face?
Her family had been here in the United States since the 17th Century. In 1980, at nearly 90 years old. she failed to fill out her US Census documents and received a visit from a Census Worker. She ended up throwing him out of her home after cursing him out in her living room. Her reason.... He refused to list AMERICAN as her heritage on the form. Even after she'd explained to him that her family had come here more than three centuries earlier. That had a profound affect on the thought process of a certain 6 year old great-grandson of hers.

"America" isn't an ethnic heritage, its a geographical location, that's why shit for brains. THe government already knows you're an American by the very fact they sent you a census form - seems like your grandma wasn't too bright.

So what do you folks think? Should we be focusing on these hyphenations of our heritage, or should we actually be forcing people who come to this country to actually become a part of this country, and not remain even partially loyal to other nations, religions, etc...

I'm against government telling people they can't call themselves whatever the fuck they want to call themselves. If you want to abandon where you came from and just eat hot dogs and apple pie and forget there ever was a homeland where people were a little different - that's fine - that's your business - do it all you want jackass - but you've got no fucking right to tell my family we can't call ourselves Italian-Americans shithead.

in addition to (or often in place of) loyalty to the United States?

All naturalized citizens swear an oath to the U.S. you dumb **** face. I was natural born - never had to swear an oath to become a citizen, and neither did you.

Last edited:
AmeriCAN First and Foremost - anything after that does not really matter......... so chill people.

Then you are an Enemy of this nation so far as I am concerned, and a threat to everything that this country was intended to be about.

I wouldn't quite call those people enemies, but they aren't really americans. As I said, America is just an address to them. One wonders - why don't they leave and go to the place they primarily identify with? It would in most cases be an improvement to this country.

America is just an address. It's been the address of my family since 1710, but they've been black since the beginning of humans. Black trumps America anytime.

very enlightening statement. it answeres the question "does obama hate American exceptionalism?" "God Bless America? NO NO NO God Damn America it's in the bible." Yep..

Well here are a few objects for you.....

Not a single one of which I couldn't live without. Remembering that I'd perfer we move AWAY from the ultra-technological society we have today since I believe it's part of what's breeding our problens here in the US.

Sorry but if that's how you identify yourself the feeling isn't mutual. Though I'm fairly ceratin you already knew that.

The reason why people designate blank-American is because America has subcultures. I'm Jewish-American. I have different holidays, different foods, different customs, language, etc.

There's nothing wrong with that, so long as the primary loyalty is to this Country. Unfortunately in many cases (and I fear you're one of them), that sub-culture is more important to you than this Country. That means your loyalties have to be questioned.

I don't fear diversity. I fear disloyalty or misplaced loyalties.

I wouldn't quite call those people enemies, but they aren't really americans. As I said, America is just an address to them. One wonders - why don't they leave and go to the place they primarily identify with? It would in most cases be an improvement to this country.

America is just an address. It's been the address of my family since 1710, but they've been black since the beginning of humans. Black trumps America anytime.

very enlightening statement. it answeres the question "does obama hate American exceptionalism?" "God Bless America? NO NO NO God Damn America it's in the bible." Yep..
That is a very interesting comment by that poster and deserves another highlight.

Yet another example of over the top nationalism.

shut up honey... "Black trumps America" keep up.
You're against people choosing their own identities?

Maybe you can get a law passed to address this horror.

No honey.. don't you see what's under my Avatar.. I'm a proud freckeled European American.. But I don't go around saying White trumps America.. no no no.. nor do I say,,, "GOD DAMN AMERICA."

I'm an Italian-American you cracker piece of shit. My people came over in boats in the 1890's and you crackers treat us like shit for decades and now you suckas spend your paychecks eating our food so SUCK ON IT BITCH.

Get in line. Every immigrant population was treated like shit, as they should have been until they assimilated themselves into AMERICAN culture. Your group is one of a handful of European cultures that has still failed to fully assimilate into American society, more than a century after their initial immigration. I can say that because my hometown has a massive population of immigrants from one small area of Sicily and there are third and fourth generation "americans" who still speak better Italian than English.

Aren't Mexicans already from America? havn't looked at a map lately but I think there are more countries on the American super-continent than the U.S.

I'm not even going to dignify that with a response since you know exactly what I meant. Besides, the USA is the only meaningful country in the world, nevermind on the North American continent.

"America" isn't an ethnic heritage, its a geographical location, that's why shit for brains.

I completely and totally disagree. When you've been here for more than 300 years (hell, if you've been here for more than a generation) it damn well ought to be your ethnic heritage.

I'm against government telling people they can't call themselves whatever the fuck they want to call themselves. If you want to abandon where you came from and just eat hot dogs and apple pie and forget there ever was a homeland where people were a little different - that's fine - that's your business - do it all you want jackass - but you've got no fucking right to tell my family we can't call ourselves Italian-Americans shithead.

That's fine. You have a right to be wrong.

All naturalized citizens swear an oath to the U.S. you dumb **** face. I was natural born - never had to swear an oath to become a citizen, and neither did you.

That's part of the problem. We ASSUME that everyone born here is loyal to this country, and this country alone. You definitely prove that false, don't you?

Hyphenated Americans..... Mexican-Americans; Asian-Americans; German-Americans; Irish-Americans; Muslim-Americans; Christian-Americans; Jewish-Americans; etc.... these people piss me off. It's one of my biggest pet peeves.

Italian-American resentment is about as unjustified as Irish-American resentment.

When I first read the OP, I shook my head. But many subsequent posts responding to Anachronism's premise have shown his fears and prejudice at least have some sort of basis.

Forum List

Back