Hyphenated-Americans

Anachronism

Rookie
Jan 30, 2011
New England
Hyphenated Americans..... Mexican-Americans; Asian-Americans; German-Americans; Irish-Americans; Muslim-Americans; Christian-Americans; Jewish-Americans; etc.... these people piss me off. It's one of my biggest pet peeves.

You are either an AMERICAN or you AREN'T. A house divided amongst itself cannot stand. You cannot have a loyalty to another place, or another philosophy and still have the proper amount of loyalty to the United States of America. It's one or the other boys and girls.

I can tell you every single country that my ancestors came to this country from. However, I hold no loyalty to any of that handful of countries. I may have the blood of those peoples in my veins but I am not attached to any of them. I learned this lesson very early on in my life, from my great-grandmother.

Her family had been here in the United States since the 17th Century. In 1980, at nearly 90 years old. she failed to fill out her US Census documents and received a visit from a Census Worker. She ended up throwing him out of her home after cursing him out in her living room. Her reason.... He refused to list AMERICAN as her heritage on the form. Even after she'd explained to him that her family had come here more than three centuries earlier. That had a profound affect on the thought process of a certain 6 year old great-grandson of hers.

So what do you folks think? Should we be focusing on these hyphenations of our heritage, or should we actually be forcing people who come to this country to actually become a part of this country, and not remain even partially loyal to other nations, religions, etc... in addition to (or often in place of) loyalty to the United States?

Only 29 more people needed for The Ignore List to hit triple digits!

C'mon peeps! Do your part for The Goal!

Im a dual national and carry two passports to prove it, hate me all you want butt...

I have to hyphenate, it would be wrong not to.

:funnyface:

• Banned
Im a dual national and carry two passports to prove it, hate me all you want butt...

I have to hyphenate, it would be wrong not to.

So far as I'm concerned the idea of dual-nationalism is completely and totally undefendable. There is no way on this planet that I could ever trust anyone who holds dual citizenship. The fact that the United States even allows such a thing disgusts me. Even as it means that I have a cousin and her daughter that I go out of my way to avoid having contact with for just that reason. She married a gentleman from Brazil and moved there for a couple years. I know her daughter has dual citizenship and I believe my cousin does as well. So I avoid having anything to do with them.

I don't think it's necessary or even right to insist folks deny their own heritage in order to prove their loyalty here. They are who they are. If they demonstrate loyalty to the US in their attitudes, actions and the way they live their lives, that's really all that matters.

I don't think it's necessary or even right to insist folks deny their own heritage in order to prove their loyalty here. They are who they are. If they demonstrate loyalty to the US in their attitudes, actions and the way they live their lives, that's really all that matters.

I disagree, vehimently. Given the opportunity I would cut off ALL forms of communication between the United States and every other nation on the planet. There's nothing out there that we need.

Im sure they are completely gutted.

As far as loyalty, i cant be loyal to a country that says it ok to murder the unborn butt not those on death row.

I cant be loyal to a country that says the voting rights act only applies to some and not others based on race.

I cant be loyal to a country that allows the media to be so in bed with a political party that the very future of the sovereignty of the Nation in question is in peril.

Dual nationality gave me the freedoms being a aMerican does not anymore.

How sad is that? Loyalty? Right, to whom? The Democrat party?

No, im not a union thug thanks anyways.

Im sure they are completely gutted.

Doesn't make a difference whether they are or not. Right and Wrong have no emotional attachments.

Dual nationality gave me the freedoms being a aMerican does not anymore. How sad is that? Loyalty? Right, to whom? The Democrat party? No, im not a union thug thanks anyways.

LOL. I'm neither a Democrat nor a Republican. I'm not even in favor of Democracy. I'm an Authoritarian, politically.

I disagree, vehimently. Given the opportunity I would cut off ALL forms of communication between the United States and every other nation on the planet. There's nothing out there that we need.

Then, why are you here a member of this board. Seems to me that's a choice and doesn't really seem that you're open to anyone's thoughts but your own anyway since there are so many folks on your ignore list. I don't get being a member of a forum discussion board and then limiting the folks you wish you to converse with, but then, I guess I don't have to get it. Rant on, and feel free to place my name among the folks on your ignore list.

Last edited:
Then, why are you here a member of this board, talking with, oh my gosh...Americans? :eek:

One should always keep one's friends close, and one's enemies even closer. One must understand one's enemy in order to be able to combat that enemy. It's also a means of venting anger, rage, and frustration rather than mailing a box of gasoline and fertilizer to everyone who pisses me off.

Seems to me that's a choice and doesn't really seem that you're open to anyone's thoughts but your own anyway since there are so many folks on your ignore list. I don't get being a member of a forum discussion board and then limiting the folks you wish you to converse with, but then, I guess I don't have to get it. Rant on, and feel free to place my name among the folks on your ignore list.

I'm not really open to any philosophy other than my way of looking at things. I never have been. All I'm here to do is to vent my frustrations and to provide people with the opportunity to see the Right philosophy. That way when they stand in front of their Maker they cannot claim "I didn't know any better."

Sorry, the Ignore List does not take requests. You'll have to earn your way onto the list just like everyone else.

Then, why are you here a member of this board, talking with, oh my gosh...Americans? :eek:

One should always keep one's friends close, and one's enemies even closer. One must understand one's enemy in order to be able to combat that enemy. It's also a means of venting anger, rage, and frustration rather than mailing a box of gasoline and fertilizer to everyone who pisses me off.

Seems to me that's a choice and doesn't really seem that you're open to anyone's thoughts but your own anyway since there are so many folks on your ignore list. I don't get being a member of a forum discussion board and then limiting the folks you wish you to converse with, but then, I guess I don't have to get it. Rant on, and feel free to place my name among the folks on your ignore list.

I'm not really open to any philosophy other than my way of looking at things. I never have been. All I'm here to do is to vent my frustrations and to provide people with the opportunity to see the Right philosophy. That way when they stand in front of their Maker they cannot claim "I didn't know any better."

Sorry, the Ignore List does not take requests. You'll have to earn your way onto the list just like everyone else.

I find this truly sad and really, I guess that's all there is to say. My maker and I are solid so I'm not need of reform.

Forum List

Back