Hyperinflation Question

The claim was:

"2)Hyperinflation requires a major trigger like a serious war, not the conflicts the US has been in for a decade. Without this, hyperinflation is very unlikely."

You're telling me that violence in the former Rhodesia was "serious" enough to cause hyperinflation, but that the "War on Terror" isn't? Now I know you didn't make the claim, so I don't expect you to defend it.

you seem to be lost!! Prices can only go up if liberals print money to pay the rising prices. Get it?? Without new liberal funny money prices must stay the same!!!!

Now you know what inflation is and hyper-inflation too.

Only if liberals print it, huh? Not conservative appointed Federal Reserve chairmen like Ben Bernanke or Alan Greenspan?

too stupid!! if a "conservative" prints inflationary money he is not acting as a conservative, but as a liberal!! Liberals have always been for easy inflationary money to help their creditor constituencies while conservatives have been 100% opposed!

Too subtle for a liberal mind???

you seem to be lost!! Prices can only go up if liberals print money to pay the rising prices. Get it?? Without new liberal funny money prices must stay the same!!!!

I would argue on the basis of both monetary theory and the historical record that the monetary base is not the only determinant of price levels. Sometimes, like the present, there is no relationship between them at all.

whose talking about the monetary base?? Yes yes all agree velocity is necessary too.

Only if liberals print it, huh? Not conservative appointed Federal Reserve chairmen like Ben Bernanke or Alan Greenspan?

too stupid!! if a "conservative" prints inflationary money he is not acting as a conservative, but as a liberal!! Liberals have always been for easy inflationary money to help their creditor constituencies while conservatives have been 100% opposed!

Too subtle for a liberal mind???

There's nothing subtle about your partisan potshots, trust me.

I would argue on the basis of both monetary theory and the historical record that the monetary base is not the only determinant of price levels. Sometimes, like the present, there is no relationship between them at all.

This doesn't excuse the fact that MB is by far the largest it's ever been and is definitely something to be concerned about.

To trust that there won't be serious inflation down the road we have to trust that the Fed is going to be able to offload all the toxic assets it purchased and all the treasuries they have, and currently are, purchasing.

Who's going to buy 1.25 trillion in beat MBS?

This doesn't excuse the fact that MB is by far the largest it's ever been

we probably would have had a great depression x10 without liquidity after the collapse

and is definitely something to be concerned about.

dear, every one is concerned about it and always has been!!

To trust that there won't be serious inflation down the road we have to trust that the Fed is going to be able to offload all the toxic assets it purchased and all the treasuries they have, and currently are, purchasing.

Who's going to buy 1.25 trillion in beat MBS?

1) they are insured
2) they are currently trading at a profit
3) the Fed can take many many steps to absorb money

Forum List

Back