Hyperactive kid? Just get him stoned.

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
If you think ADHD is over prescribed now, just wait til kids get wind of this :)

Medical Marijuana Prescribed to Kids with ADHD -- Sphere News, Opinion and Analysis

Medical Marijuana Prescribed to Kids with ADHD

(Nov. 23) -- In California, the state with the nation's most permissive medical marijuana law, some children with attention deficit hyperacitivty disorder, or ADHD, are being treated with marijuana -- a fact that has sparked a heated debate over the move.

Reliable figures on the use of marijuana to treat ADHD are hard to come by. Though California says it has issued over 36,000 medical marijuana cards since 2004, the state does not compile statistics on prescriptions for specific conditions, like ADHD. And many doctors and patients are reluctant to talk about it. Still, experts say such prescriptions are becoming more common as the number of pot dispensaries and doctors prescribing marijuana continues to grow.

Fun Fact: It works

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu_rItLPTXc&feature=related[/ame]

Towelie.jpg

Marijauna needs to stay illegal for many reasons

First and foremost it will be regulated by the likes of the FDA and other government agencies, and we all know how that always turns out, as this article proves

With every debate on marijuana I get my ass kicked because I always bring up children, This is exactly what I had feared. Say goodbye to public education. Can't learn Physics with the munchies and dry mouth. Good Lord. Half my students have ADHD (or rather an ADHD "diagnosis" for their bad manners)

With every debate on marijuana I get my ass kicked because I always bring up children, This is exactly what I had feared. Say goodbye to public education. Can't learn Physics with the munchies and dry mouth. Good Lord. Half my students have ADHD (or rather an ADHD "diagnosis" for their bad manners)

I always got better grades if I was stoned in college, I thought the profs were hilarious so I would hang on every word. I don't think we should give it to children though.
And if we did legalize it, it would make it a lot harder for children to get.
ANd PS your students are probably stoned anyways.:razz:

I've written an article on my website about the Marijuana debate please check it out!

James World
I wondered why it took you so long to come up with a URL posting. Now, I know.:lol:

...and BTW, I read your article. It has at least one flaw, I think. You say,

Smoking marijuana is illegal unless used for medical purposes.
In my locale, and I believe in many others, it is not illegal to smoke marijuana. I think it is also not illegal to be stoned out of your gourd. It is illegal to possess marijuana.

Last edited:
Marijauna needs to stay illegal for many reasons

First and foremost it will be regulated by the likes of the FDA and other government agencies, and we all know how that always turns out, as this article proves
Can you share the remainder of the many?

The "diagnosis" is the easy way for an inadequate teacher to tame an unruly child or one that seems not to pay attention because it's bored to death and needs to be in advanced learning scenes. Letting teachers diagnose students mental conditions is dangerous.

Nothing wrong with rocking the ganj every now and then, and if it's really helping ADHD then what's the problem?

Forum List

Back