Hyper inflation is coming! What you say, we now have record deflation!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by GHook93, Aug 18, 2009.

1. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,924
    Wholesale Prices Fall More Than Expected in July - Political News - FOXNews.com

All I kept hearing about was hyper inflation will be upon us after the stimulus bills were passed. I admit I shook in my boots. It seemed very logical. The deficit grew to where they said it would be, but no hyper inflation has occured. Spouts of inflation, but no hyper inflation. Now we have deflation!

:confused::confused::confused:

I have no idea what to believe anymore! This is primarily the reason I refuse to listen to the scare tactics on healthcare!

2. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,865
    Guess gas prices got `em scared...
    :confused:
    Sharp disagreement among Federal Reserve members
    April 5, 2011 -- Members of the Federal Reserve are in sharp disagreement about how to address rising prices. The central bank might need to tighten the reins on the economy before the end of the year to stave off inflation, said some members of the central bank's policy-setting body.

3. waltky

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,865
    Granny says the gov't. don't ever level with ya, dey use accounting tricks to make it look less bad so's ya don't really know how bad it is...
    :redface:
    Inflation Actually Near 10% Using Older Measure
    Tuesday, 12 Apr 2011 | After former Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker was appointed in 1979, the consumer price index surged into the double digits, causing the now revered Fed Chief to double the benchmark interest rate in order to break the back of inflation. Using the methodology in place at that time puts the CPI back near those levels.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  4. waltky

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,865
    Granny havin' to raise prices on apples she sells onna street corner `cause dey costin' her more...
    :redface:
    Americans Feeling Pinch from Inflation
    April 20, 2011 - Inflation is hitting U.S. consumers hard. The last era of severe inflation was in the 1970s, when prices and wages spiraled upward. This time, while the official inflation rate is still relatively moderate, wages are stagnating and prices for essentials like food and fuel are rising.

5. waltky

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,865
    Granny says if prices goin' up - what's the difference?...
    :confused:
    Bond market is worried. You should be too.
    May 13, 2011: Inflation fears are everywhere these days thanks to surging commodity prices. You're even starting to hear some experts talk about stagflation, a phenomenon that, much like disco and bell bottom pants, would be better off remaining a relic of the 1970s.
    See also:

Triple-digit selloff on the Dow
    May 13, 2011: Stocks fell Friday afternoon, with all three indexes down 1%, as the dollar gained ground and commodity prices pulled back.

6. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    I say, HOPE AND CHANGE BABY

Oh, and don't forget to vote for the Obama and his comrades in arms again in 2012 since we are "certainly" better off than we were before.:eusa_liar::eusa_whistle: