Hybrid chatrooms

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
We need a hybrid chatroom for Holy Wars which will be combination of religioun/metphysics and the war on terrorism forum.

But maybe this is too much. It'll only be necessary when someone says I can't talk about something cuz it's the wrong forum. When the categories are used to shut people up something is wrong. The categories should relate to the initial post, but real human discussion inevitably branch.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
We need a hybrid chatroom for Holy Wars which will be combination of religioun/metphysics and the war on terrorism forum.

But maybe this is too much. It'll only be necessary when someone says I can't talk about something cuz it's the wrong forum. When the categories are used to shut people up something is wrong. The categories should relate to the initial post, but real human discussion inevitably branch.

Threads have been moved to more appropriate forums but I cannot recall when the categories were used to shut people up.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Threads have been moved to more appropriate forums but I cannot recall when the categories were used to shut people up.

It's happened. Or people will say a thread is "off topic" and people should quit, but actually usually a rereading will show there is some reason why the topic has shifted. Anyone who cares about the original post can always go back to it if they wish. And moving threads that have shifted is fine.

I also don't like it when people in the midst of a discussion start a new thread on it to wipe out all the good arguments of their opponents so they can more effectively go into lie repetition mode. It shouldn be an outlawed practice, it's just not classy.

Forum List

Back