HW Bush broke his central campaign promise, as did Trump with the wall, Trump will also serve 1 term

Discussion in 'Politics' started by basquebromance, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Howard Roark

Howard Roark VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +106
    Well, Pilgrim, you must be a young pup too. Read up on history if you want to run with the big dogs.

2. Againsheila

Againsheila Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,819
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  3. Faun

Faun Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,154
    ”Bush did increase tax, which in turn caused an economic downturn during his last few months of his administration.”

LOLOL

You cons are delirious.

Bush raised taxes during a recession. After taxes were raised, the economy improved and we came out of the recession in March, 1991, nearly 2 years before Bush left office.

GDP:
    1990Q4 -3.6 <-- tax hike, 11/1990
    1991Q1 -1.9
    1991Q2 3.2
    1991Q3 2.0
    1991Q4 1.4
    1992Q1 4.9
    1992Q2 4.4
    1992Q3 4.0
    1992Q4 4.2 <-- what you called, "economic downturn"

Then Clinton came in, raised taxes more, and the economy soared.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Howard Roark

Howard Roark VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +106
    And they always seem to forget that Raygun also increased taxes to pay for his overwhelming debt.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Howard Roark

Howard Roark VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +106
    Nothing is going to get trump re elected. He lost the unions and other blue collar workers that believed his lies.

Women are gone, and kids are up in arms after having refused to vote in '16. Not to worry, he can still do plenty of lasting damage before he's put into prison

6. TroglocratsRdumb

TroglocratsRdumb Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,249
    Do you understand that Pelosi and the Psychocrats have vowed to never fund the border wall.....because
    Illegal immigration is great for the Human traffickers.
    Illegal immigration is great for the Mexican Drug cartels,.
    Illegal immigration is great for the racist Aztlan Nationalist.
    Illegal immigration is great for the racist La Raza cretins
    Illegal immigration is great for the welfare moochers.
    Illegal immigration is great for the totally corrupt Democratic Party.
    BUT it is bad for Americans.

ImmigrationStateCosts.jpg

7. protectionist

protectionist Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,258
    Don't liberals know anything ? The wall will have to be built first, and the full cost thereby ascertained, before Mexico can be handed the bill. Once the bill is determined, then Mexico will get it, and pay it. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Faun

Faun Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,154
    Mexico is not going to pay it after it’s built if they don’t pay for it before it’s built.

9. Admiral Rockwell Tory

Admiral Rockwell Tory Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,974
    I have a degree in history and I was 32 when G. H. W. Bush's term ended. Electing Clintoon killed my Navy career.

You need to stop reading the DEM talking points emails.

10. protectionist

protectionist Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,258
    You got any links for this stuff ?

1. FALSE! Trump's new tax law does NOT do the opposite of "cut your taxes" You are just posting jibberish. Here are the tax cuts and obviously, you are also wrong, by saying >> "more than half of all Americans — 53 percent — will pay more in taxes." That is ludicrous. Look at the chart. In order for your crazy claim to be true, Americans with incomes between $200/yr and $500/yr would have to constitute 53% of the population. (and not even all of them) :cuckoo:

Income Tax Rate Income Levels for Those Filing As:

2017 2018-2025 Single Married-Joint
    10% 10% $0-$9,525 $0-$19,050
    15% 12% $9,525-$38,700 $19,050-$77,400
    25% 22% $38,700-$82,500 $77,400-$165K
    28% 24% $82,500-$157,500 $165K-$315K
    33% 32% $157,500-$200K $315K-$400K
    33%-35% 35% $200K-$500K $400K-$600K
    39.6% 37% $500K+ $600K+

How Trump's Tax Reform Plan Affects You

And I don't remember him saying the rich would pay more. Got a video ?

2. Evidence ?

3. He repealed the mandate of it, and it all would have gone if not for RINO McCain. Trump did his part.

4. Infrastructure repair can still be done. Most of Trump's 1st term is still ahead of him. You have evidence that there's no money for it ? That sounds ridiculous, He could always divert funds from some other program (which is not beneficial to the American people)

5. Accusations without a single specific name. Nothing concrete.

6. Would you prefer keeping traitors like Lisa Page, Peter Strzok, James Comey, Gary Cohn ? Others like Scott Pruitt and Hope Hicks felt the pressures from the anti-Trump left were more than what the job was worth. Those cases are caused by the left, not the White House.

7. :link:

8. If he were to not stop foreign lobbyists from raising (AND CONTRIBUTING) money for US elections, Democrats are the ones who would benefit the most from that. According to leftist PolitiFact, "several countries with harsh rules for women and that kill gays have contributed to the Clinton Foundation both before and after her tenure at the State Department." Some of these were Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Yemen, Oman, and Morocco. Saudi Arabia alone contributed a whopping $42.4 Million (20% of Clinton's campaign chest)

The Petra News Agency in Jordan published what it described as exclusive comments from Saudi Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, which included a claim that Riyadh has provided 20 percent of the total funding to Hillary's campaign.

“Saudi Arabia always has sponsored both Republican and Democratic Party of America and in America current election also provide with full enthusiasm 20 percent of the cost of Hillary Clinton’s election even though some events in the country don’t have a positive look to support the king of a woman (sic) for presidency,” the report quoted Prince Mohammed as having said.

Saudi Arabia Has Funded 20% Of Hillary's Presidential Campaign, Saudi Crown Prince Claims

[​IMG]

What Donald Trump said about Saudi Arabia in 2016

9. I have not heard of ANY report of Trump PLANNING to cut Social Security, Medicare, or Medicaid, and I doubt that is happening. Again, you make bold and wild statements, without presenting a shred of evidence.

10. :link:

11. HA HA. Oh yeah ? By stopping the unrestricted access to our US market, by placing large tariffs of Chinese imports ? You call that "cozying" I'll the Chinese don't.

12. When did he say he would not bomb Syria ? :link:

13. Yeah, I know what John Kelly said. I know exactly what he said. He's wrong.

14. Rhetoric. No source. No link. Nothing. Besides, if he sues women accusers, that's his business, not the American peoples'

15. How does spending time at a golf property, cost taxpayers over $77 million, that wouldn't have been a cost if he were somewhere else ?.. and can you show that he didn't carry on presidential work while at these places ?

16. So having lowered the unemployment rate to 3.7%, you're going to complain about Americans being out of work ? and your post about Carrier isn't quite accurate. 3 weeks after taking office, Trump did a tax incentive deal with Carrier who had proposed to send 1400 jobs to Mexico. from Trump's deal they only sent 550, saving the remainder to remain in Indianapolis.
    Right now. Trump is threatening to cut off federal subsides to GM, if it were to close 5 plants and cut 14,000 jobs in North America.

17. As usual, you present nothing to back up your assertions. "promised to revive the struggling coal industry and “bring back thousands” of lost mining jobs", you said. No source. No link. Nothing. During the Obama years 35,200 jobs were lost. Technology (esp fracking for natural gas) is what's killing the coal industry, not politics.

18. The first 10 months of 2017, was before the Trump tariffs on steel imports (June 2018), So Trump HAS kept his promise to protect steel workers.

19. If Trump went along with liberal gun control proposals, there would be many more mass shootings than there are. When will liberals ever get it that passing gun LAWS has no effect on criminals who don't obey laws. And when will they get it that gun-free zones are a primary reason for mass shootings (invitations to mass shooters)
    I'm not sure of the politics of this, but I know Trump has called for nationwide CCW and abolition of gun-free zones, but presidents don't have total power.

20 I don't give a rat's ass about Trump's taxes. HERE is what I care about >>

1. Brought GDP growth up > from 1.8% to 4.2%

[​IMG]

2. Lowered unemployment from 4.8% to 3.7%

[​IMG]

3. Lowest black unemployment EVER (5.7%)

4. Lowest Hispanic unemployment EVER (4.6%)

5. Highest Median income EVER ($61,372/year)

6. US homebuilding permits soar to highest level since 2007.

7. US manufacturing having best year since 2004

8. Welfare participation at 17 year low.

9. More Americans working than EVER before.

10. ISIS chased out of Raqqa and Mosul - much weakened

Donald J. Trump's Accomplishment's List | MAGA PILL

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018