Hush Rush

wantedcopy.jpg
Yeah, play that perpetual CON$ervoFascist VICTIM card. Everybody picks on the poor sweet innocent pathological liar who never has an unkind word for anyone.
:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:
When normal people hear something they don't like on the radio, they change the station.

Leftists seek to have it banned.

You guys are absolutely terrified of other ideas, aren't you?

Nah, just want to expose the lies the dittoheads see as gospel truth for all to see. Why are dittoheads so afraid of thinking for themselves?

Bring back the fairness doctrine, even if it's one minute/hour to argue his stupid hateful lies and brainwash.

Yeah. FUCK the First Amendment!! Right?

It is the purpose of the First Amendment to preserve an uninhibited marketplace of ideas in which truth will ultimately prevail, rather than to countenance monopolization of that market, whether it be by the government itself or a private licensee. It is the right of the public to receive suitable access to social, political, aesthetic, moral and other ideas and experiences which is crucial here. That right may not constitutionally be abridged either by Congress or by the FCC.

— U.S. Supreme Court, Red Lion Broadcasting Co. v. FCC, 1969.

The Fairness Doctrine had two basic elements: It required broadcasters to devote some of their airtime to discussing controversial matters of public interest, and to air contrasting views regarding those matters. Stations were given wide latitude as to how to provide contrasting views: It could be done through news segments, public affairs shows or editorials.

Early on, legislators wrestled over competing visions of the future of radio: Should it be commercial or non-commercial? There was even a proposal by the U.S. Navy to control the new technology. The debate included early arguments about how to address the public interest, as well as fears about the awesome power conferred on a handful of licensees.

American thought and American politics will be largely at the mercy of those who operate these stations, for publicity is the most powerful weapon that can be wielded in a republic. And when such a weapon is placed in the hands of one person, or a single selfish group is permitted to either tacitly or otherwise acquire ownership or dominate these broadcasting stations throughout the country, then woe be to those who dare to differ with them. It will be impossible to compete with them in reaching the ears of the American people.

The Fairness Doctrine

daveman has clearly lost this argument to a liberal. Imagine that. If I had gotten involved, a mainstream Republican, I would have cleaned daveman's clock in two words: tru dat!

Oh, look -- Jake rushes to the defense of a fellow liberal.

Hush, child. I proved Boo wrong. Stop crying, you little sissy.

Um, nope. I don't think you did.

"Ask the female troops" <> "I speak for the Female troops."
The people you claim speak for the female troops don't, either. So, yes, I proved you wrong there.
Nor was there a widespread cried from prominate environmentalist that Global Warming was the cause of the that earthquake.
You said nothing about widespread cries. You don't get to move the goalposts. So, yes, I proved you wrong there.

But don't worry. Your lefty pal Jake will rush to your defense again. Guaranteed.

Bring back the fairness doctrine, even if it's one minute/hour to argue his stupid hateful lies and brainwash.

Yeah. FUCK the First Amendment!! Right?

It is the purpose of the First Amendment to preserve an uninhibited marketplace of ideas in which truth will ultimately prevail, rather than to countenance monopolization of that market, whether it be by the government itself or a private licensee. It is the right of the public to receive suitable access to social, political, aesthetic, moral and other ideas and experiences which is crucial here. That right may not constitutionally be abridged either by Congress or by the FCC.

&#8212; U.S. Supreme Court, Red Lion Broadcasting Co. v. FCC, 1969.

The Fairness Doctrine had two basic elements: It required broadcasters to devote some of their airtime to discussing controversial matters of public interest, and to air contrasting views regarding those matters. Stations were given wide latitude as to how to provide contrasting views: It could be done through news segments, public affairs shows or editorials.

Early on, legislators wrestled over competing visions of the future of radio: Should it be commercial or non-commercial? There was even a proposal by the U.S. Navy to control the new technology. The debate included early arguments about how to address the public interest, as well as fears about the awesome power conferred on a handful of licensees.

American thought and American politics will be largely at the mercy of those who operate these stations, for publicity is the most powerful weapon that can be wielded in a republic. And when such a weapon is placed in the hands of one person, or a single selfish group is permitted to either tacitly or otherwise acquire ownership or dominate these broadcasting stations throughout the country, then woe be to those who dare to differ with them. It will be impossible to compete with them in reaching the ears of the American people.

The Fairness Doctrine
Isn't it odd how those who want to re-institute the Fairness Doctrine want it applied only to conservative media?

I think you're upset that the lefty monopoly of media has been broken. Mustn't let the proles be exposed to dangerous, unapproved ideas! They might question their liberal masters!

daveyboy has trouble comprehending many things, among that I am a mainstream Republican and he is nothing more than a dazed and crazed far right extremist.

Boo has owned this argument from the beginning.

Oh, look -- Jake rushes to the defense of a fellow liberal.

Hush, child. I proved Boo wrong. Stop crying, you little sissy.

Um, nope. I don't think you did.

"Ask the female troops" <> "I speak for the Female troops."
The people you claim speak for the female troops don't, either. So, yes, I proved you wrong there.
Nor was there a widespread cried from prominate environmentalist that Global Warming was the cause of the that earthquake.
You said nothing about widespread cries. You don't get to move the goalposts. So, yes, I proved you wrong there.

But don't worry. Your lefty pal Jake will rush to your defense again. Guaranteed.

Nope, you piddled on yourself again, extremist wacko. :lol:

daveyboy has trouble comprehending many things, among that I am a mainstream Republican and he is nothing more than a dazed and crazed far right extremist.

Boo has owned this argument from the beginning.

Yup, I called it: "Your lefty pal Jake will rush to your defense again. Guaranteed."

Forum List

Back