Husband Plays Cruel Prank on Wife

No one has suggested it was the end of the world. Your hyperbole is not effective. You have no idea whatsoever how she felt or how it affected her. The level of drama is yours: it is your level of drama in defending an indefensible act. The greater context: seriously? No. There is no 'greater context.'

'The end of the world' and 'drama.' Assigning those descriptions to people simply because they disagree with you again indicates the content of your character and the drama you infuse into this discussion.

Ummm... Don't know if you've noticed or not, but we've had several (almost invariably female) posters in this thread describe the husband as being a "psychopath" for pulling this prank, and even go so far as to imply that they would either divorce him over the incident, or have him beaten within an inch of his life by all of their male relatives.

If that's not indicative of "drama," I'm frankly not sure what is. Lol

I think it is interesting that people use the excuse of 'He/she does it; therefore, so can I.' Didn’t your parents teach you better than that? It's not an excuse for anything to point at someone else doing something heinous so you can do it too, and take pride in the fact what you're doing isn't as heinous as what the other guy did.

I never said that there was anything "wrong" with Tosh's particular brand of humor either. That's exactly the point.

It's comedy. Comedy is sometimes dark and cruel.

If you don't like it, don't watch.
shrug.gif

It's not true what you say, 'no harm, no foul.' There is a great deal of harm to the mother in this instance. A great deal of harm. I guess you don't realize what it feels like to think, if only for a moment, that your child is either extremely injured or fatally injured. It's a horrible, horrifying moment that no one should have to live through. And don't say 'chill,' that only indicates how immature you are.

Oh, please!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Don't project your own issues onto the video. By all appearances, she was completely fine afterwards.

Was it a "dick move?" Of course.

However, her husband was obviously aware that she'd be a good sport about the whole thing, or he wouldn't have done it in the first place.

Context and target audience matters where this kind of thing is concerned.
I think you just don't get it and are also probably not a parent. This woman really believed for a few moments that her child was possibly fatally injured. That is a horrible thing to do to someone: it is in no way funny and is the type of prank an imbecile would play. The fact you are justifying this says a great deal about you and your character.

Sgt is a good guy. He's just a little on the younger side. :D He doesn't have any children so he probably has no idea about the unconditional love that parents have for their children.

I think you just don't get it and are also probably not a parent. This woman really believed for a few moments that her child was possibly fatally injured. That is a horrible thing to do to someone: it is in no way funny and is the type of prank an imbecile would play. The fact you are justifying this says a great deal about you and your character.

Again, no. I'm simply trying to look at the matter objectively, while remaining mindful of the greater context surrounding it.

Was it a cruel prank? Yes.

Was it crossing the line? Yes.

Would I ever do such a thing myself? Hell no.

Was it the absolute end of the world, and is this woman going to be scarred for life because of it? Judging from what I saw on the video, no. She will not.

She'll be (quite justifiably) pissed at her husband for a few days, and then she'll get over it.

I'm sorry, but the level of drama on display in this thread is simply uncalled for as such.

Honestly I don't think I would be able to be with someone who was so cruel to me and had such little respect for my feelings as a mother.

Honestly I don't think I would be able to be with someone who was so cruel to me and had such little respect for my feelings as a mother.

I'm sure that's true. :)

To be fair, however, that's why you never would have married or had kids with a guy like that to begin with.
icon_lol.gif

It's also why no one who knows you would ever consider playing a trick like that on you.

All I'm saying here is that the woman in the video really didn't take it that badly all things considered, and the husband probably knew that she wouldn't ahead of time. That makes the whole thing a bit less heinous, IMO.

I'm sure that's true. :)

To be fair, however, that's why you never would have married or had kids with a guy like that to begin with.
icon_lol.gif

It's also why no one who knows you would ever consider playing a trick like that on you.

All I'm saying here is that the woman in the video really didn't take it that badly all things considered, and the husband probably knew that she wouldn't ahead of time. That makes the whole thing a bit less heinous, IMO.

You keep saying that she didn't take it badly, but yes, she was in panic mode for sure. It only shows her for a second afterwards, while she is still getting over the initial shock. I'm sorry to say but I think it probably was quite a big deal to her. As a mom, I can tell you that. There is just no question that she would be hurt by that. That would be like someone taking a knife and plunging it into your heart, literally. He should not have done that to his wife. It is really, really mean and cruel.

You keep saying that she didn't take it badly, but yes, she was in panic mode for sure. It only shows her for a second afterwards, while she is still getting over the initial shock. I'm sorry to say but I think it probably was quite a big deal to her. As a mom, I can tell you that. There is just no question that she would be hurt by that. That would be like someone taking a knife and plunging it into your heart, literally. He should not have done that to his wife. It is really, really mean and cruel.

There was an after-interview video that they show you a preview of at the end of the first video. She was pretty clearly calm enough to talk about the thing, if still a bit shaken.

In any case, we should just let it be at this point. I don't disagree that it was a stupid thing to do, and that he shouldn't have done it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back