Husband embarrassed about my body shape

But the OP is correct in that her body itself is power too, independent of self confidence.
Not understanding your point. The mind and body are one and should be seen as so. To think they are different is to deny oneself.

This may be true, but this news is awful for the OP then, because then this means that the c section hurt not only her body but her mind too. I agree with you that the mind and the body are the same, so the health of the mind affects the health of the body, and the health of the body affects the health of the mind. Now she is in a war of two fronts.

This may be true, but this news is awful for the OP then, because then this means that the c section hurt not only her body but her mind too. I agree with you that the mind and the body are the same, so the health of the mind affects the health of the body, and the health of the body affects the health of the mind. Now she is in a war of two fronts.
Since she has expressed concern about her body shape, that is correct.

Not a two-front war. Just accepting they go together like Ham and Cheese or Peanut Butter and Jelly.

Hi, I am a twenty-five year old from Canada. I have noticed that my belly began to become very loose after the delivery of two kids. My husband is a dietitian and he is embarrassed about me. I have tried dieting and exercising, but none of them showed a result. I am thinking of getting medical help. I have heard about tummy tuck surgery procedure from a friend of mine in Barrie. But my husband is against surgical procedures and he didn't give me the consent to do so. How can I make him convince about this treatment? Please give some genuine replies and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Hi Linda, welcome to the USB forum

If your husband is telling you that he is embarrassed by your stomach, I am sure that he has said other hurtful and painful things to you..which can really hurt a person to the core emotionally.
He sounds controlling too..

This is what emotional abuse is, you don't have to show the cuts and bruises to be abused.

Your body made 2 beautiful people, and be proud of that.
Don't let his horrible comments steal the joy from your life, he is the problem not you.

Please seek help, no one deserves to be abused..

Since she has expressed concern about her body shape, that is correct.

Not a two-front war. Just accepting they go together like Ham and Cheese or Peanut Butter and Jelly.

So I think she can't just offload this problem onto her husband, like many other posters suggest here. I think this is because her mind is not a derivative from her husband. It turns out, that she would have to fix the unexpected and unsuspected c section pooch on her body for herself on her own accord. What is unfair about this is that she was screwed by her doctor like she would get screwed at the used car dealer. Amazing that Americans like this.

Hi, I am a twenty-five year old from Canada. I have noticed that my belly began to become very loose after the delivery of two kids. My husband is a dietitian and he is embarrassed about me. I have tried dieting and exercising, but none of them showed a result. I am thinking of getting medical help. I have heard about tummy tuck surgery procedure from a friend of mine in Barrie. But my husband is against surgical procedures and he didn't give me the consent to do so. How can I make him convince about this treatment? Please give some genuine replies and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

If your husband is telling you that he is embarrassed by your stomach, I am sure that he has said other hurtful and painful things to you..which can really hurt a person to the core emotionally.

This is what emotional abuse is, you don't have to show the cuts and bruises to be abused.

Don't let his horrible comments steal the joy from your life, he is the problem not you.

Abuse? Abuse is my speciality, my former roomie wrote her thesis about it. The OP shows no evidence of abuse. Your response automatically graduates a simple discontent to an abusive control. Why is that? :).

Abuse? Abuse is my speciality, my former roomie wrote her thesis about it. The OP shows no evidence of abuse. Your response automatically graduates a simple discontent to an abusive control. Why is that? :).

:wtf:
because of your roommate's thesis you are a professional on this..? :rofl:

I also saw your comment on c-sections as well... you sound very young so I will cut you some slack..

First C-sections happen when there is a medical emergency, it is not a selective operation.

Having a baby vaginally will sometimes hurt the body enough to never bounce back as well....Having a baby is hard on the body, but being as amazing as it is, we bounce back

There is not a easy way to have a baby, so this shows just how strong women are really...

In my situation,I would do it a million times, its awesome to be a mom..

Now with emotional abuse what is it?

1. They humiliate you, put you down, or make fun of you in front of other people.

2. They regularly demean or disregard your opinions, ideas, suggestions, or needs.

3. They use sarcasm or “teasing” to put you down or make you feel bad about yourself.

4. They accuse you of being “too sensitive” in order to deflect their abusive remarks.

5. They try to control you and treat you like a child.

6. They correct or chastise you for your behavior.

7. You feel like you need permission to make decisions or go out somewhere.

8. They try to control the finances and how you spend money.

9. They belittle and trivialize you, your accomplishments, or your hopes and dreams.

21. They resort to pouting or withdrawal to get attention or attain what they want.

22. They don’t show you empathy or compassion.

23. They play the victim and try to deflect blame to you rather than taking personal responsibility.

24. They disengage or use neglect or abandonment to punish or frighten you.

25. They don’t seem to notice or care about your feelings.

26. They view you as an extension of themselves rather than as an individual.

27. They withhold sex as a way to manipulate and control.

28. They share personal information about you with others.

29. They invalidate or deny their emotionally abusive behavior when confronted.

30. They make subtle threats or negative remarks with the intent to frighten or control you.

The ones in bold are just from what she wrote in her OP..

30 Signs Of Emotional Abuse In A Relationship

Why do you think he is embarrassed by you? Did he tell you that, or is that just how you feel?

I think that the proper and most effective treatment for your husband would be a solid kick straight to his balls, with several repetitions for emphasis.

Good Luck!

Forum List

Back