Hurricane Sandy thread

wtnt63 knhc 291855
tcuat3

hurricane sandy tropical cyclone update
nws national hurricane center miami fl al182012
300 pm edt mon oct 29 2012

...center of sandy heading toward southern new jersey...
...landfall expected by early this evening...

Summary of 300 pm edt...1900 utc...information
----------------------------------------------
location...38.5n 73.5w
about 85 mi...140 km se of atlantic city new jersey
about 160 mi...255 km s of new york city
maximum sustained winds...90 mph...150 km/h
present movement...nw or 305 degrees at 28 mph...44 km/h
minimum central pressure...940 mb...27.76 inches

latest reports from an air force reserve reconnaissance aircraft...
As well as noaa doppler radar observations...indicate that sandy
continues moving quickly toward the northwest. On this track...the
center of sandy is expected to reach the coast of extreme southern
new jersey or central delaware within the next 3 to 5 hours.

$$
forecaster stewart

Hi Lady...hope you are safe.

I am in awe of the size of Sandy as well as the contrast of weather she is bringing different areas.

Getting some strong winds/gusts and rain here on the northshore area of Mass. The wind sounds are pretty intense. I am following some local Twitter feeds and power outages are starting. Wet leaves everywhere. Downed trees, some from roots and bigger branches all over where I am. We are just heading into the strength of Sandy in my area. She should show us what she is packing in a few hours. Stay safe everyone who is in her path.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Hurricane Central ‏@twc_hurricane
Atlantic City has tied its all-time record low barometric pressure of 28.37". That record will be smashed soon. #Sandy #njwx

This means the Hurricane is 95% gonna smash the coastline.

all those homes on stilts in Martha'a Vineyard, Jersey Shore and Virginia...uh oh!

Solid warm core remains with Sandy. Cyclone moving out of the gulf stream and has peaked...ULL is forming which is signs of extratropical transformation. Still tropical with the warm core.

URNT12 KNHC 291805
VORTEX DATA MESSAGE AL182012
A. 29/17:45:30Z
B. 38 deg 19 min N
073 deg 07 min W
C. 700 mb 2570 m
D. 72 kt
E. 183 deg 54 nm
F. 274 deg 58 kt
G. 216 deg 142 nm
H. 942 mb
I. 0 C / 3050 m
J. 16 C / 3051 m
K. 7 C / NA
L. NA
M. NA
N. 12345 / 7
O. 0.02 / 1 nm
P. AF308 2418A SANDY OB 04
MAX FL WIND 58 KT SW QUAD 16:54:00Z
MAX FL TEMP 16 C 101 / 6 NM FROM FL CNTR
TEMP PROFILE WARMED TO 8C APPROX 60NM SOUTH OF CENTER
CENTER FOUND NEAR TIP OF A SMALL CURVED BAND APPROX 26NM DIAMETER PSBL REMNANT EYEWALL
;

This one is real.....

Attachments

• $hurricane.jpg
    $hurricane.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 58
URNT12 KNHC 291946
VORTEX DATA MESSAGE AL182012
A. 29/19:17:00Z
B. 38 deg 29 min N
073 deg 45 min W
C. 850 mb 870 m
D. 59 kt
E. 348 deg 77 nm
F. 059 deg 101 kt
G. 348 deg 75 nm
H. 941 mb
I. 10 C / 1524 m
J. 19 C / 1527 m
K. 17 C / NA
L. NA
M. NA
N. 12345 / 8
O. 0.02 / 1 nm
P. AF308 2418A SANDY OB 10
MAX FL WIND 101 KT N QUAD 18:54:00Z
FIXED NEAR TIP OF CONVECTIVE FEATURE
;

I am in awe of the size of Sandy as well as the contrast of weather she is bringing different areas.

Getting some strong winds/gusts and rain here on the northshore area of Mass. The wind sounds are pretty intense. I am following some local Twitter feeds and power outages are starting. Wet leaves everywhere. Downed trees, some from roots and bigger branches all over where I am. We are just heading into the strength of Sandy in my area. She should show us what she is packing in a few hours. Stay safe everyone who is in her path.

Hey Dreamy QL from DA. Checking my inbox and saw you were here. Just wanted to wish you all the best and stay safe.:)

New Haven CT: 5:15 pm winds about 50 MPH we have already had flooding and my lights are flickering so I don't expect to have power much longer. Worst of the storm isn't anywhere near us yet. Good luck to you all.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKfB4cn6tBU]Sandy - John Travolta ( Grease ) - YouTube[/ame]

Hey Dreamy QL from DA. Checking my inbox and saw you were here. Just wanted to wish you all the best and stay safe.:)

New Haven CT: 5:15 pm winds about 50 MPH we have already had flooding and my lights are flickering so I don't expect to have power much longer. Worst of the storm isn't anywhere near us yet. Good luck to you all.

Thank you QL. Good to see you here. You guys look like you are going to get it bad too. Stay safe. Hope your power holds.

I'm here in the Outer Banks of North Carolina and this storm is packing a serious punch for being so far out in the ocean.. We've already seen 20 ft plus waves.. 57 mph gusts.. Everyone stay safe!

PS- My power has blinked twice now! :-(

Hurricane Sandy World Series will be entered into poll models. :lol:

To make matters worse for the Republicans, they have had to endure the site of one of their own campaign surrogates praising the President for his rapid response to the crisis. At a press conference in Trenton on Monday, Chris Christie, the governor of New Jersey, thanked Obama for approving a state of emergency in New Jersey even before the storm had arrived, which enables the state government to access federal funds and help from FEMA. “We appreciate the president’s efforts in that regard,” Christie said. “He and his staff worked tremendously hard.” Confirming that Obama had promised to be there for New Jersey over the coming days, the governor added: “The President assured me on the phone that we’d get his immediate personal attention.”

October 29, 2012
Obama Takes Early Lead in Hurricane Sandy World Series
Posted by John Cassidy

Read more Obama Takes Early Lead in Hurricane Sandy World Series : The New Yorker

I'm here in the Outer Banks of North Carolina and this storm is packing a serious punch for being so far out in the ocean.. We've already seen 20 ft plus waves.. 57 mph gusts.. Everyone stay safe!

PS- My power has blinked twice now! :-(

Bulletin!!!

We brought Sandy ourselves!!

"Gangnam Style" discovered to be a rain dance!!!

Cease at once!

Thank you QL. Good to see you here. You guys look like you are going to get it bad too. Stay safe. Hope your power holds.

Thanks. I'll be OK. I feel bad for the people who live in the low lying area's. Most of them just finished fixing things after Irene and now they get this. Prepare for the worst and pray for the best. :) Good to see you too. I'm just visiting some peeps here, I'm on another couple of boards,DA is slow and loaded with spam and I wore out my welcome here. lol Gotta Go, Stay safe, God bless you and your family.

Thanks. I'll be OK. I feel bad for the people who live in the low lying area's. Most of them just finished fixing things after Irene and now they get this. Prepare for the worst and pray for the best. :) Good to see you too. I'm just visiting some peeps here, I'm on another couple of boards,DA is slow and loaded with spam and I wore out my welcome here. lol Gotta Go, Stay safe, God bless you and your family.

Yea, sure sucks to get a repeat hit. Yeah DA just has no draw without some action. lol We are hanging in here. Not much scares me in weather. Seen quite a few storms in my life, snow and rain. Returned blessings to you and yours too R.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back