Hurricane Sandy is another reason early voting needs to be allowed

if left to the Republicans, voting would only be allowed during working hours the day of the election and a requirement for employees to be punched off the clock a minimum of 3 hours without makeup time and counted against paid leave without restitution.

If left to conservatives.

Voting would not be allowed.

can you prove that Dean?....

So let me get this straight..

Leftist Zombies do not want to give our military members who are deployed out of country, risking their lives for all of us, extra time to get their ballots in but think people here in America should be alloted that freedom????

THIS IS THE MINDSET OF A LIBERAL.

CaféAuLait;6246649 said:
Your premise is off IMO. We need to allow early voting because there just might be a natural disaster? What would have happened if Sandy hit three weeks ago or four. When should we start voting? Several months before, just in case? Using this storm to bolster your case does not make sense to me.

I think Jim would be better served to have said "Another reason we need early voting; natural disasters." It would be beneficial because obviously, the storm bolsters the case. We should start early voting 6 weeks before the 2nd Tuesday after the first Monday in November. This, since the electoral votes are cast 6 weeks after the election day.

This would allow people to register for one thing. For another, if there is any issue at the polling place, the voter could seek remedy that would not be available on a one-day scenario.

That would be a very tight election calendar.

How so?

I think Jim would be better served to have said "Another reason we need early voting; natural disasters." It would be beneficial because obviously, the storm bolsters the case. We should start early voting 6 weeks before the 2nd Tuesday after the first Monday in November. This, since the electoral votes are cast 6 weeks after the election day.

This would allow people to register for one thing. For another, if there is any issue at the polling place, the voter could seek remedy that would not be available on a one-day scenario.

That would be a very tight election calendar.

How so?

Filing periods, ballot translations, etc. We barely get it all done in time. I think the write in qualification period just closed and we mail regular ballots at E-29.

The GOP won't like that, but if Hurricane Sandy had decided to come a week later, voting Tuesday would be screwed. And even now, electricity may be off until after next Tuesday.

If more early voting was allowed, people could have already been to the polls. Instead of trying to figure ways to keep people away from the polls, politicians should be looking for way to increase opportunities for legitimate, registered voters to vote.

early voting is allowed dipshit.

Not in Virginia...only early voting allowed when you can't be at polls on election day.

When's the last time you've addressed your concerns with your representatives. Ya know that's what they're for.

Forum List

Back