Hurricane Katrina -Just To Throw Something Out There

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
As with everyone else, this disaster has been on my mind for quite a while. I hate seeing the suffering and the misery. As with many people on our board, I have done things to help the survivors who relocated up here, etc...

I went to school in Southern California during all the earthquake drills and scares - have been through a couple of good ones myself. We had to dive under the chair, hands over our head, etc.

Every school has fire drills, etc....

But until you actually go through it, you never know how you will respond.

Which brings me to my question.

My feeling is, I don't care how prepared you are for something, you never now how you will respond until it actually happens.

Now...we have a natural disaster that wiped out a section of the United States equal to the size of Great Britain.

Great Britain, people. Over 90,000 square miles. Over 400,000 people forced to leave their homes.

To think...to expect.....local, state, Federal response to this to go like clockwork...without a glitch at all....is just unrealistic.

Forget all the infighting...all the bickering between different levels of governement.

We have never, in modern time, had a disaster strike such a large area and a large amount of people at one time.

Does anyone really think that the response and rescue effort would be easy?

• Thanks
Reactions: Nuc
Mr. P said:
Considering the enormity, massive destruction and the lack of preparedness, I think things are going pretty well.

I agree 100% percent.

But like the media coverage of the war, we hear nothing but the "bad" about the rescue efforts: "More dead bodies found", etc..

How about highlighting some of the good.

Never mind...that would show success.

Then they couldn't keep "blaming."

Does this really surprise you? It's the media's tactic. "Oh, look at how bad everything is. Don't you wish Clinton was still in office when everything was happy?" I have only rarely seen positive news since Bush took office.

GotZoom said:
I agree 100% percent.

But like the media coverage of the war, we hear nothing but the "bad" about the rescue efforts: "More dead bodies found", etc..

How about highlighting some of the good.

Never mind...that would show success.

Then they couldn't keep "blaming."
As far as the MSM goes "If it bleeds it leads" means ratings..
It's a shame they can't cover some positive points, but that wouldn't fit in with the destroy Bush at any cost templet...sooo it ain't happening.

Forum List

Back