Hurricane Isabel Could Hit U.S. This Week

J

janeeng

"Landfall along the U.S. mid-Atlantic coast somewhere between North Carolina and New Jersey between four or five days (Thursday or Friday) is appearing more and more likely," Stewart said. "Little or no significant weakening is expected to occur until after landfall occurs."

Well, that leaves most of the board out of Harms way but a few of us! hey Jim, can we all shack up with you??? hahahahaha!

Chuckster, that goes for you too! :)

Actually Im about an hour away from the ocean..so I am not worried about it much.

Well, let's hope not Chuck! I am taking no chances! I have to get the roof fixed, it has a leak above my kids room! and an old tree that stands above it, though, it's the neighbors tree! tons of branches always falls from it, but I fear if we got heavy winds, it's coming down, and right were my kiddies sleep!

This hurricane will die down plenty before hitting land. We will all get some serious rain from it though!

For Edison and most of New Jersey.........

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ
416 AM EDT MON SEP 15 2003

...A GOOD TIME TO REVIEW YOUR FAMILY DISASTER PLAN...

AS MAJOR HURRICANE ISABEL CONTINUES TO MOVE WEST NORTHWEST TOWARD
THE EAST COAST OF THE UNITED STATES...NOW IS A GOOD TIME TO REVIEW
AND UPDATE YOUR FAMILY DISASTER PLAN.

PART OF YOUR FAMILY DISASTER PLAN SHOULD BE PREPARING IN CASE A
HURRICANE THREATENS YOUR AREA. SOME ACTIVITIES WHICH YOU STILL
HAVE TIME TO COMPLETE INCLUDE KNOWING THE HURRICANE RISKS IN YOUR
AREA SUCH AS WHETHER YOU LIVE IN A POTENTIAL FLOOD ZONE...LEARNING
SAFE ROUTES INLAND FROM COASTAL AREAS...FINDING OUT WHERE OFFICIAL
SHELTERS ARE LOCATED...TRIMMING TREES AND SHRUBBERY...CLEARING LOOSE
AND CLOGGED RAIN SPOUTS AND GUTTERS...AND DETERMINING WHERE TO MOVE
YOUR BOAT IN AN EMERGENCY.

ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT PARTS OF YOUR FAMILY DISASTER PLAN IS THE
PREPARATION OF A DISASTER SUPPLIES KIT. THIS KIT SHOULD INCLUDE THE
FOLLOWING MATERIALS...A THREE DAY SUPPLY OF WATER WITH ONE GALLON
PER PERSON PER DAY...FOOD THAT WILL NOT SPOIL...ONE CHANGE OF
CLOTHING AND SHOES PER PERSON...PRESCRIPTION MEDICINES...ONE BLANKET
OR SLEEPING BAG PER PERSON...A FIRST AID KIT...A BATTERY POWERED
NOAA WEATHER RADIO AND A PORTABLE RADIO...EMERGENCY TOOLS...A
FLASHLIGHT WITH EXTRA BATTERIES...AN EXTRA SET OF CAR KEYS...AND ANY
SPECIAL ITEMS FOR INFANT...ELDERLY OR DISABLED FAMILY MEMBERS.

IF YOU HAVE A SECOND RESIDENCE NEAR THE COAST...WE RECOMMEND YOU
TAKE THE OPPORTUNITY EARLY THIS WEEK TO INSURE THAT LOOSE OBJECTS
ARE PACKED AWAY...AND YOUR RESIDENCE IS SECURE.

STAY TUNED OVER THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS ON THE EXPECTED PATH OF
HURRICANE ISABEL. BE PREPARED TO TAKE ADDITIONAL ACTION IF A
HURRICANE WATCH IS ISSUED FOR THE AREA. A WATCH IS ISSUED WHEN THERE
IS A POTENTIAL FOR HURRICANE CONDITIONS IN YOUR AREA WITHIN 36
HOURS. REMEMBER THAT STRONG DAMAGING WINDS AND TORRENTIAL RAINFALL
CAN EXTEND WELL INLAND WITH A MAJOR HURRICANE.

The calm before Isabel
Mon., Sep. 15, 2003 8:55 A.M.

Matt Newman, Meteorologist, The Weather Channel

Northeast
Residents across the region should continue tracking the progress of Hurricane Isabel. Isabel remains a powerful hurricane and will likely threaten a large part of the region later this week. Preparations should be underway for the potential impact from Isabel. See the Tropical Update for complete details on Isabel. Meanwhile, wet weather will target parts of the region today. Today’s threat for wet weather is due to a cold front slowly approaching from the west. Expect the humidity to stick around once again today, although by Tuesday there will be some relief from the humidity once the front passes through. Highs will range from the low 70s across the Ohio Valley to around 80 across the mid-Atlantic.

South
High pressure sliding eastward from the Southern Plains to the Tennessee Valley will provide a majority of the region with a marvelous Monday. Mostly sunny skies will dominate, although there will be a few exceptions. Some wet weather will linger across South Texas and a few showers and storms are also possible across the Carolinas and Florida. Highs will range from the low 80s across the Southern Plains to the low 90s across Florida.

Midwest
The Midwest, much like the South, will enjoy mainly dry weather today. A few showers and thunderstorms may linger across the Great Lakes and Ohio Valley as a cold front slowly exits the region. Temperatures across the Plains will warm a bit today as high pressure shifts eastward and a southerly wind flow develops across the region. Highs will range from the low 80s across the High Plains to the low 70s across the Great Lakes and Ohio Valley.

West
Sunday's sunshine will spill over into today across a majority of the region. Clouds and a few showers will begin to increase late today across the Pacific Northwest in advance of a new storm system approaching the region. Highs today will range from the mid-60s across the Pacific Northwest to well above 100 degrees across the Mojave Desert. The moisture will increase across the Northwest tomorrow with snow levels across the Cascades dropping to as low as 4,500 feet.

Isabel is located by the right corner of the Radar page....

REAL FUNNY YOU GUYS!, But yesI am excited about the Hurricane, but whats so bad about that? lol

Oh boy! I sure was excited to hear about J. LO and Ben, do you think I have a chance now???? hahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Doesn't matter about this hurricane how bad, enough rain is enough to bring my roof in or down! have to get back up there and finish fixing! oh joy! lotta debris and clogged gutters too!

Damn Chuck, where the hell were you, could have used some help! ;) I got all cleaned up there. Sloppy mess too! had gloves and and forgot the yuk mess on there and went to wipe my head, and all over the face it went! Had to throw some at my neighbor too! :)

Forum List

Back