Hurricane Hillary

The BKP

Grand Inquistor
Jul 15, 2008
Hurricanes begin life as small storm systems that develop off the western African coast. As they cross the Atlantic they pick up strength, progressing on through tropical depression to tropical storm and eventually hurricane. Recalling the horror and devastation of Katrina, we all know the potential destruction they can leave in their wake.

A small storm has recently developed in the Democratic Party and unless something is done quickly, it threatens to develop into a full-blown Category Five political monster.

In addition to Bill Clinton’s recent disgruntled and equivocated “endorsement” of Senator Obama, pressure is starting to rise from Hillary Clinton loyalists to place her name formally into nomination at the upcoming Democratic convention in Denver. Meanwhile, contentious murmurs are starting to grow about whether or not the junior Senator from New York has been given proper consideration as a potential running mate for Obama.

In characteristic fashion, Senator Clinton has done nothing to quell the rising storm and waits coyly in the wings for the Obama campaign to respond.

Hoping the growing storm is nothing more than a brief spring shower that will quickly blow over and leave sunny skies in it’s’ wake, the Obama camp has similarly remained silent. Clearly the hope is this will be all bluster and no show; one they can easily ride out with little discomfort.

This political meteorologist has bad news for Senator Obama; it will not and it may get much worse, very quickly.

First, it must be asked – Did anyone seriously believe the Clintons were going to go away quietly? Need I remind everyone of an indignant Bill Clinton backed into a political corner; pounding angrily on a podium, bitterly insisting, “I did not have sexual relations with that young lady!”?

Or perhaps Hillary’s defiant defense of herself as not being a “Tammy Wynette stand-by-your-man” type? Anyone recall her blaming the “vast right wing conspiracy” for her trials and tribulations as First Lady?

No, the Clintons have turned their self-perceived victimization into political rationalization and very often long term gain. Not surprising by any measure, they seek to do so yet again.

Having co-written the story of the historic Democratic primary just past, Hillary and her supporters believe she should be given her due at the Party’s convention. This is both fair and reasonable.

Garnering more than 18 million votes in the primaries, Hillary deserves to have her name placed into nomination in Denver. Then, bowing to tradition, once Senator Obama has received enough votes to formally win the nomination, Senator Clinton should withdraw her name; releasing her delegates and moving that Obama be nominated by unanimous consent.

Obama has the opportunity to look magnanimous and honorable in victory. He should publically come out and support Senator Clinton’s name being placed into nomination. It is her due and his supporters would expect as much for him were the roles reversed.

Furthermore, by granting Hillary her moment in the spotlight, he can reach out to her supporters and try to salve what are clearly still open wounds. He need not offer her the second slot on the ticket to do so. However, he must acknowledge her place both in American history and Democratic Party lore. In the process, he will display clear demonstration of leadership, chivalry and character.

However, should he fail to do so, he tempts the political winds at his own risk. What is now a distant storm rumbling off in the distance, may soon develop into a political hurricane with the potential to devastate a campaign that has lost it’s footing in recent weeks and is playing catch up as Senator McCain has seized both the media spotlight and the campaign agenda. The potential storm surge alone may well knock the campaign off its foundation; leaving it precious little time to rebuild before November 4th.

Batten down the hatches and stock up on provisions, faithful readers. This may get ugly quickly. Stay tuned for further updates as events warrant and the first bands of rain begin raking the coast.

Hurricanes begin life as small storm systems that develop off the western African coast. As they cross the Atlantic they pick up strength, progressing on through tropical depression to tropical storm and eventually hurricane. Recalling the horror and devastation of Katrina, we all know the potential destruction they can leave in their wake.

A small storm has recently developed in the Democratic Party and unless something is done quickly, it threatens to develop into a full-blown Category Five political monster.

In addition to Bill Clinton’s recent disgruntled and equivocated “endorsement” of Senator Obama, pressure is starting to rise from Hillary Clinton loyalists to place her name formally into nomination at the upcoming Democratic convention in Denver. Meanwhile, contentious murmurs are starting to grow about whether or not the junior Senator from New York has been given proper consideration as a potential running mate for Obama.

In characteristic fashion, Senator Clinton has done nothing to quell the rising storm and waits coyly in the wings for the Obama campaign to respond.

Hoping the growing storm is nothing more than a brief spring shower that will quickly blow over and leave sunny skies in it’s’ wake, the Obama camp has similarly remained silent. Clearly the hope is this will be all bluster and no show; one they can easily ride out with little discomfort.

This political meteorologist has bad news for Senator Obama; it will not and it may get much worse, very quickly.

First, it must be asked – Did anyone seriously believe the Clintons were going to go away quietly? Need I remind everyone of an indignant Bill Clinton backed into a political corner; pounding angrily on a podium, bitterly insisting, “I did not have sexual relations with that young lady!”?

Or perhaps Hillary’s defiant defense of herself as not being a “Tammy Wynette stand-by-your-man” type? Anyone recall her blaming the “vast right wing conspiracy” for her trials and tribulations as First Lady?

No, the Clintons have turned their self-perceived victimization into political rationalization and very often long term gain. Not surprising by any measure, they seek to do so yet again.

Having co-written the story of the historic Democratic primary just past, Hillary and her supporters believe she should be given her due at the Party’s convention. This is both fair and reasonable.

Garnering more than 18 million votes in the primaries, Hillary deserves to have her name placed into nomination in Denver. Then, bowing to tradition, once Senator Obama has received enough votes to formally win the nomination, Senator Clinton should withdraw her name; releasing her delegates and moving that Obama be nominated by unanimous consent.

Obama has the opportunity to look magnanimous and honorable in victory. He should publically come out and support Senator Clinton’s name being placed into nomination. It is her due and his supporters would expect as much for him were the roles reversed.

Furthermore, by granting Hillary her moment in the spotlight, he can reach out to her supporters and try to salve what are clearly still open wounds. He need not offer her the second slot on the ticket to do so. However, he must acknowledge her place both in American history and Democratic Party lore. In the process, he will display clear demonstration of leadership, chivalry and character.

However, should he fail to do so, he tempts the political winds at his own risk. What is now a distant storm rumbling off in the distance, may soon develop into a political hurricane with the potential to devastate a campaign that has lost it’s footing in recent weeks and is playing catch up as Senator McCain has seized both the media spotlight and the campaign agenda. The potential storm surge alone may well knock the campaign off its foundation; leaving it precious little time to rebuild before November 4th.

Batten down the hatches and stock up on provisions, faithful readers. This may get ugly quickly. Stay tuned for further updates as events warrant and the first bands of rain begin raking the coast.

Dude, please the primary is over. It's time to stop alienating Hillary supporters. The future of the country is more important than any Obama supporters need to gloat.

The Hillanistas represent a formitable voting block in the Democratic alliances.

They are demanding some respect.

Welcome to the horse trading world of poltical machinations, folks.

I would not be at all surprised to see Hill run as VP.

I don't think it's a good match for O's election bid, of course.

I'm not sure I believe it is a good match for the actual administration of the nation either, but I would not be surprised to see it happen.

It might cement rifes in the Democratic party, but that isn't necessarily a good thing for America overall.

Personally, I think Hillary is probably a better asset for the Dems as a Senator than a VP.

But her supporters (and maybe her, too) want her in the White House, and they may very well have the gravitas to make it happen.

Last edited:
I don't want Clinton in the White House if Barack Obama will be there too. I don't want her tied to his administration of ignorance. It's bad enough Rice and Powell had to ruin their careers by serving under that idiot Bush, and I really don't want Clinton to do the same thing.

I don't want Clinton in the White House if Barack Obama will be there too. I don't want her tied to his administration of ignorance. It's bad enough Rice and Powell had to ruin their careers by serving under that idiot Bush, and I really don't want Clinton to do the same thing.

I think you're mixing up the words "Obama" and "McCain". On that note what is so ignorant about Obama's plans? I find McCain's foreign policy to be even more ignorant than Bush's. He seems to not have learned one thing from the failures of the bush administration. At least Bush himself has changed his way of conducting business in the last few months of his administration.

Bill Clinton said it best in a debate against George H.W. Bush, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result."

Forum List

Back