Hurricane Florence and Fake News

Little known fact, there was a shooting war between Ohio and Michigan in the early 19th century. Ohio won some 159 square miles from Michigan and Congress gave Michigan the Upper Peninsula rightfully owned by Wisconsin to placate the Wolverines. Michigan traded up! Collusion?

I didn't know we got the UP out of that....all we had to do was get there..Straits of Mackinac were treacherous waters for small craft. As a kid we got there on the big car ferries and later they built the Big Mac bridge. To this day my sister is terrified of that bridge...I'd drive back and forth across it all day if I got back up there and had the time. So Michigan got Copper Harbor, all that iron ore, and fishing rights to Lake Superior? I'd say we made out pretty good on that deal. Wisconsin had to be like "WTF?" Definite collusion...no doubt about it. Michigan and Ohio are so innerbred now that it's nowhere near the rivalry it once was, but sparks fly when BLUE plays the Buckeyes...it's always the last game of the season.

I suspect when you support someone like Trump whose entire business life is based on fraudulent schemes and money laundering enterprises and whose entire presidency can be summed up as a massive clusterfuck, you have to put down others no matter how trivial to feel better about yourself.

Definite Trump Derangement Syndrome.....this one ^^^^^^ has homosexual fantasies about Trump....can't eat, can't sleep, can't stay out of a padded cell much longer.
eyebrow.gif

The only honest account of Florence came from the state representative for Myrtle Beach, S.C. who said there was no substantial structural damage and the infrastructure is intact. "It wasn't as bad as we thought it would be".

I thought the clip was funny. Leave it to fragile ego snowflake right-wingers to make this political.

I was wondering why politics were mixed into it. Those folks need to get a life.
I suspect when you support someone like Trump whose entire business life is based on fraudulent schemes and money laundering enterprises and whose entire presidency can be summed up as a massive clusterfuck, you have to put down others no matter how trivial to feel better about yourself.

This is another instance that the liberals wish the fariness act was brought back and Fox news would be off the air .They can't stand story's like this so much they have to try to change the subject

I am a dreaded Buckeye and we call Michigan, That State Up There. Head Coach Urban Meyer got caught lying about spousal abuse committed by lesser OSU coach and got a three game suspension and today, Urban is Head Coach again and one OSU Trustee resigned out of three who thought the punishment should have been more severe. The game played today is in the Horseshoe Stadium and blacked out in Central Ohio.

We call you guys "that Ohio school" and also have to put up with "Moo U" (Michigan State, big veterinarian program). I didn't think Meyer deserved to be fired over what one of his coaches did.....we want to beat the crap out of the Buckeyes fair and square and maybe we will someday.
lol.gif

Why don't you keep calling State "Little Brother"? It worked out so well for you. heh

It’s like right now. They are literally driving around to find a blow down tree or a piece of roof tin in the road so they can pontificate for an hour. Wouldn’t surprise me to find out that they find a piece of roof tin in a dumpster, drag it out, lay it in the road and then go take all their pictures and videos...

I've never really understood why peeps gotta fake shit. Just tell it like it is and tell them you think it's going to get worse or whatever. Don't fake it that's just asking for a slap on the pee-pee when/if you get caught...

I've never really understood why peeps gotta fake shit. Just tell it like it is and tell them you think it's going to get worse or whatever. Don't fake it that's just asking for a slap on the pee-pee when/if you get caught...

We used to think the media was about informing us about actual events. The reality is, they are story tellers and set things up to tell that story. Actual truth tends to take a back seat when that happens.

I thought the clip was funny. Leave it to fragile ego snowflake right-wingers to make this political.

I was wondering why politics were mixed into it. Those folks need to get a life.

This is another instance that the liberals wish the fariness act was brought back and Fox news would be off the air .They can't stand story's like this so much they have to try to change the subject

Love to hear what I can’t stand. A weatherman was caught faking the velocity of winds. I would imagine the faith in the weather channel is now reduced as a result.

Not sure why you guys weave politics into every second of every day.

We used to think the media was about informing us about actual events. The reality is, they are story tellers and set things up to tell that story. Actual truth tends to take a back seat when that happens.

Its sad. It really is.

I really do not want to turn this into something political but I’m sure there will be those who interpret what I am about to say as some sort of political statement. That is their right…but they are wrong when they do it.

Look at CSPAN. CSPAN exists to inform and not make a profit. The cable TV industry support CSPAN. And as a result, there is (or at least has not been) any issue about their programming. NASA TV is the same way.

However, when the news was lumped in with the entertainment divisions of media giants that own them; it is now just another money making arm for the conglomerates and corporations that own them. As a result, the programming has to be compelling and get eyeballs and higher click-rates. So you have nonsense like this being put on the air. I remember living in Texas and evacuating for a hurricane because we were told to get out. The storm-track on Channel 11 (KHOU TV) showed the hurricane was going to hit right between the “S” and the “T” in the word Houston. So we and 80,000 others got into the car and ran for our lives. The storm came ashore over 140 miles away. Damage was minimal in Houston.

Its sad. It really is.

I really do not want to turn this into something political but I’m sure there will be those who interpret what I am about to say as some sort of political statement. That is their right…but they are wrong when they do it.

Look at CSPAN. CSPAN exists to inform and not make a profit. The cable TV industry support CSPAN. And as a result, there is (or at least has not been) any issue about their programming. NASA TV is the same way.

However, when the news was lumped in with the entertainment divisions of media giants that own them; it is now just another money making arm for the conglomerates and corporations that own them. As a result, the programming has to be compelling and get eyeballs and higher click-rates. So you have nonsense like this being put on the air. I remember living in Texas and evacuating for a hurricane because we were told to get out. The storm-track on Channel 11 (KHOU TV) showed the hurricane was going to hit right between the “S” and the “T” in the word Houston. So we and 80,000 others got into the car and ran for our lives. The storm came ashore over 140 miles away. Damage was minimal in Houston.

The truth is that "real news" doesn't sell...

Its sad. It really is.

That is the truth.

My point is, should networks attempt to sell it to start with?

Its sad. It really is.

That is the truth.

My point is, should networks attempt to sell it to start with?

I don't think so, but I've disliked and distrusted the media for decades.

New Topics

Forum List

Back