Hurricane Expert: School Silencing Me Over Global-Warming Views

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Angel Heart, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Angel Heart

Angel Heart Conservative Hippie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,353023,00.html

2. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    For heaven's sakes, the GreenPeace head honcho acknowledges there's no proof that it's caused by humans.

I don't know why people don't just let this go....

Meanwhile, we've had the longest and coldest winter in years here.

3. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,823
    Was he ever even right? Year after year he puts out a prediction on hurricane frequency and year after year he revises it during the season.

4. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    I don't know, I don't typically listen to wackos. But when an environementalist wacko admits he can't prove something near and dear, it catches my eye.

5. dread

dread Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43

But global warming is accurate? Man thinks they understand nature and arrogantly thinks they can control it?

6. TopGunna

TopGunna Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Are weather predictions ever accurate?

It's a pretty good illustration of how the supposed "consensus" opinion of climate change is forged - accept our point of view or kiss your funding goodbye!

7. cbi0090

cbi0090 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Dr. Gray is also an expert on the effects of rip tide action and turbulent flow and I met him at a conference in Ft. Lauderdale. I asked him specifically about Global Warming, etc. and his explanation was basically that 1) we don't have enough evidence (too short a time frame), 2) warming, drying and cooling cycles are cyclical but still unpredictable because, see No. 1, and 3) the most powerful computer in the world used to model climate is only able to handle about 1% of the information really needed. This whole branch of science is at such an infantile stage that no one has any business trying to make any conclusions about much of anything, but they do because 1) to appease or impress the press (looking for juicy catastrophy stories to write about), or 2) get funding from insurance companies (mostly trying to assess risk), from the government (to get feel good stuff), or from various issue-driven private funds or organizations.
    Once politics gets mixed in with science, in any way, it has the same effect as when the church was mixed in with science back when the earth was still flat and the center of the universe. You get crap.

8. Uknow_me72

Uknow_me72 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    People are willing to accept The Global Warming Idea because they are scared and do not want to die. They do not have God in their life.

It's a Scare tactic like Terrorism.

9. Gungnir

Gungnir Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    It is a confidence game. Uneducated people are willing to believe an authoritative source as ex cathedara, infalable.

That is one reason Churches are so popular.

10. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    Question: What's the purpose of a hurricane?

I always laugh when we have a bad hurricane year, and then the meteorologists say, "Next year's going to be even worse." And then next year roles around, and we hardly have any storms.

Answer: To cool the ocean. (I don't mean that the hurricane has a mind of its own and says, "Hmmm..the gulf is looking hot today, I think I'll cool it." But the result of a warm ocean temperature is the formation of a hurricane, which draws moisture (created by warm water temperature) to fuel it. After an active hurricane season, the water is significantly cooler. I'm sure there are some cases were there are several bad years, but I blamming hurricane frequency on human made emissions and global warming is pretty rediculous.