Hurricane Evacuees Kill Woman Who Helped Them

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
Just another shameful example of some of the "victims" of Hurricane Katrina. I guess these three ran through their $2000.00 debit cards and needed more money.

-----

(CNN) -- A Texas woman was allegedly robbed and killed by three hurricane evacuees she befriended after meeting them at her church, according to Pasadena, Texas, police.

Betty Blair, 77, was strangled to death inside her Pasadena home Friday and her bound body was discovered by her daughter Friday evening, said Pasadena Police spokesman Vance Mitchell.

Three suspects -- all described as hurricane evacuees -- were arrested Friday evening after police located the dead woman's missing car through its OnStar electronic tracking system, Mitchell said.

The three had been hired by Blair to do odds jobs around her home, including cutting her grass, Mitchell said.

"Unfortunately, it looks like her good will cost her her life," Mitchell said.

Two of the suspects are teenagers who evacuated from Beaumont, Texas, in the wake of Hurricane Rita, Mitchell said. They were identified as Jimmy Hoang Le, 18, and Stephanie Jacobo, 18.

The third suspect, 43-year-old Roosevelt Smith Jr., apparently was a Hurricane Katrina evacuee from New Orleans, Mitchell said.

They met Blair when they sought help from St. Pius V Catholic Church in Pasadena, where she volunteered in the church's food pantry.

When police realized Blair's 2000 Buick, which was missing, was equipped with OnStar, they quickly tracked it and it was stopped at a Beltway toll booth in the Dallas area, Mitchell said.

The suspects were arrested without a confrontation, he said. Jacobo's 10-month-old son, who was also in the car, has been handed over to relatives, he said.

Blair was described as a highly respected woman whose husband, a former Pasadena school board president, died several months ago.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/10/31/evacuees.killing/index.html

GotZoom said:
Just another shameful example of some of the "victims" of Hurricane Katrina. I guess these three ran through their $2000.00 debit cards and needed more money.

-----

(CNN) -- A Texas woman was allegedly robbed and killed by three hurricane evacuees she befriended after meeting them at her church, according to Pasadena, Texas, police.

Betty Blair, 77, was strangled to death inside her Pasadena home Friday and her bound body was discovered by her daughter Friday evening, said Pasadena Police spokesman Vance Mitchell.

Three suspects -- all described as hurricane evacuees -- were arrested Friday evening after police located the dead woman's missing car through its OnStar electronic tracking system, Mitchell said.

The three had been hired by Blair to do odds jobs around her home, including cutting her grass, Mitchell said.

"Unfortunately, it looks like her good will cost her her life," Mitchell said.

Two of the suspects are teenagers who evacuated from Beaumont, Texas, in the wake of Hurricane Rita, Mitchell said. They were identified as Jimmy Hoang Le, 18, and Stephanie Jacobo, 18.

The third suspect, 43-year-old Roosevelt Smith Jr., apparently was a Hurricane Katrina evacuee from New Orleans, Mitchell said.

They met Blair when they sought help from St. Pius V Catholic Church in Pasadena, where she volunteered in the church's food pantry.

When police realized Blair's 2000 Buick, which was missing, was equipped with OnStar, they quickly tracked it and it was stopped at a Beltway toll booth in the Dallas area, Mitchell said.

The suspects were arrested without a confrontation, he said. Jacobo's 10-month-old son, who was also in the car, has been handed over to relatives, he said.

Blair was described as a highly respected woman whose husband, a former Pasadena school board president, died several months ago.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/10/31/evacuees.killing/index.html

No good deed ever goes unpunished-----What a shitty bunch of scum.

When you empty out a major city, all kinds of rats come out. Why are the two animals from Beaumont consider hurricane surviours? I have a brother and sister living in Lake Charles which was hit much worse than Beaumont and they have long since been back at work. You can't be nice in this day and age. There are some real animals out there.

Too bloody true. Our society is in the toilet, and simple human kindness will become a casualty - simply as a matter of survival. Cheer up, folks - it's only going to get worse.

rcajun90 said:
When you empty out a major city, all kinds of rats come out. Why are the two animals from Beaumont consider hurricane surviours? I have a brother and sister living in Lake Charles which was hit much worse than Beaumont and they have long since been back at work. You can't be nice in this day and age. There are some real animals out there.

Thanks to New Orleans for Roosevelt Smith Jr.... If he would have returned to N.O. he might have been electible to the mayor's seat or at the very least the city council. This scum is what New Orleans became thirty years ago and has become worse with each lousy mayor they bring in. These shit heads won't be returning to N.O. until the free ride is built for them by Mexican workers. Then they will return to demand what is their RIGHT to have. . . free housing, free food stamps and free money or else!

Hey RCajun, call this shit back home where they belong, we don't want them. You emptied out the murder capital of America, take em back.

Oh and by the way, the "hurricane survivors" of New Orleans are actually survivors of the incompetent, corrupt, ripoff jerks of New Orleans's levee board which caused the city to flood, the hurricane was gone when the real damage happened. To pretend it was the hurricane that caused the destruction of that place is a joke, it was a disaster waiting to happen.
Any solid thunderstorm from the North could have done the same thing.

sitarro said:
Thanks to New Orleans for Roosevelt Smith Jr.... If he would have returned to N.O. he might have been electible to the mayor's seat or at the very least the city council. This scum is what New Orleans became thirty years ago and has become worse with each lousy mayor they bring in. These shit heads won't be returning to N.O. until the free ride is built for them by Mexican workers. Then they will return to demand what is their RIGHT to have. . . free housing, free food stamps and free money or else!

Hey RCajun, call this shit back home where they belong, we don't want them. You emptied out the murder capital of America, take em back.

Oh and by the way, the "hurricane survivors" of New Orleans are actually survivors of the incompetent, corrupt, ripoff jerks of New Orleans's levee board which caused the city to flood, the hurricane was gone when the real damage happened. To pretend it was the hurricane that caused the destruction of that place is a joke, it was a disaster waiting to happen.
Any solid thunderstorm from the North could have done the same thing.

Your hatred of New Orleans is well documented. Surely none of the people in Southeast Texas would act this way. I have responded to your irrational babbling for far to long. By the way have you heard that New Orleans will be rebuilt? I guess what you have to say really doesn’t mean very much. Go polish your little pistol. You will feel better afterwards. :laugh:

rcajun90 said:
Your hatred of New Orleans is well documented. Surely none of the people in Southeast Texas would act this way. I have responded to your irrational babbling for far to long. By the way have you heard that New Orleans will be rebuilt? I guess what you have to say really doesn’t mean very much. Go polish your little pistol. You will feel better afterwards. :laugh:

You just responded. . .
You can rebuild the buildings and the parks but that isn't what makes a place suck, it's the people that live there. That place is heavily populated with lowlife scum, murderers, ripoffs, alcoholics and serious drug addicts. Disease carrying Bourbon Street bar flies, nasty strippers, transvestites, disgusting flamboyant homosexuals, vodoo practisioners, and the worst tourists from around the world that choose a decadent place like that to go to.
The smells are also something you won't be able to get rid of, you have the sewer line of America flowing downtown(the Mississippi), it stinks! Vegas looks like Disneyworld compared to Nawlins, I'll take Vegas.

sitarro said:
You just responded. . .
You can rebuild the buildings and the parks but that isn't what makes a place suck, it's the people that live there. That place is heavily populated with lowlife scum, murderers, ripoffs, alcoholics and serious drug addicts. Disease carrying Bourbon Street bar flies, nasty strippers, transvestites, disgusting flamboyant homosexuals, vodoo practisioners, and the worst tourists from around the world that choose a decadent place like that to go to.
The smells are also something you won't be able to get rid of, you have the sewer line of America flowing downtown(the Mississippi), it stinks! Vegas looks like Disneyworld compared to Nawlins, I'll take Vegas.

When someone spews lies I feel compiled to set the public straight. New Orleans was a top ten tourist destination in the United States. I guess they went to see the $hit hole you described. By the way, two of those animals were from the Lone Star state. You sound like the type of person that hates everything and everyone. You sound like someone that is part of the problem with our society and not the solution. You were so much nicer when Rita was heading your way.

http://www.forbes.com/home/business...s-travel-conventions-cx_sb_0901tourism_2.html

Houston Chronicle has pictures of the three killers and the two victims.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/3425701

As expected, the victims are an attractive African-American couple and the killers are three white freshman from Brigham Young University. See? Those racist stereotypes just aren't true. The truth is that we're all equal, we're all God's children, and we're all living together in perfect harmony. Thank the Lord above for our increasingly multicultural USA.

William Joyce said:
Houston Chronicle has pictures of the three killers and the two victims.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/3425701

As expected, the victims are an attractive African-American couple and the killers are three white freshman from Brigham Young University. See? Those racist stereotypes just aren't true.

Who said anything about race? We have all types of animals in this country. I seem to remember a poor black man that was pulled by a truck to his death by some KKK types. Hate is an ugly thing in any color.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9902/22/dragging.death.03/

rcajun90 said:
Who said anything about race? We have all types of animals in this country. I seem to remember a poor black man that was pulled by a truck to his death by some KKK types. Hate is an ugly thing in any color.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9902/22/dragging.death.03/

Gee r,
You only had to go back in time 6 years to find that jewel? The lady that was murdered was trying to help these model citizens. The New Orleans scum was 43, obviously the ring leader of the teenage assholes from Beaumont. If he would have stayed in New Orleans to help rebuild his town, you know something constructive, she would still be alive today.
Quote Forbes all you want(that article was about conventions, normally attended by people trying to have "fun" without their spouses), New Orleans is a cesspool of awful people that have free reign over the city because they don't have a Mayor that will just say no. It sucks and you need to get out more, look around this beautiful country and see the really nice places it has to offer, you might understand how bad that place is. . . God bless... :eek:

sitarro said:
Gee r,
You only had to go back in time 6 years to find that jewel? The lady that was murdered was trying to help these model citizens. The New Orleans scum was 43, obviously the ring leader of the teenage assholes from Beaumont. If he would have stayed in New Orleans to help rebuild his town, you know something constructive, she would still be alive today.
Quote Forbes all you want(that article was about conventions, normally attended by people trying to have "fun" without their spouses), New Orleans is a cesspool of awful people that have free reign over the city because they don't have a Mayor that will just say no. It sucks and you need to get out more, look around this beautiful country and see the really nice places it has to offer, you might understand how bad that place is. . . God bless... :eek:

So two out of the three were form your state. In case you haven't read a paper in a while, people from Louisiana are citizens of the United States and they can live where they wish. There are no murders and thugs in Houston, Dallas, or San Antonio? What happened to those people was a terrible thing and it is the sign of the times. My aunt in Lake Charles wanted to take in Katrina victims that were being sheltered there (this is before Rita) and I wouldn't let her. Not because they were from New Orleans but because you will find this element in any city today. We have a generation of people that are simply animals. The terrible crime committed by those KKK types was just something that popped into my head. I'm sure if I did a little google search I could find more. Hate is an ugly thing regardless of race. I'm starting to think you racial issues. That's your stupid problem.

Sure you will discount Forbes. Everyone should take your word for it. BTW
if you would read it a bit more you would have seen it wasn't just conventions but a total of all tourism. Also New Orleans has hosted more Superbowls than any other city. I guess the NFL likes to go to slums also. You have been wrong with everything you have said about New Orleans why stop now? Keep going. Also know that Bush is sending 200 billion to rebuild this worthless city. Wait until the poor folks up north get their heating bills this winter. That sewer you call the Mississippi that has been the gateway and key to North America before there was an America will start looking better and better.

I've been from California to New York in this great country. Every area has
something unique and beautiful about it. I have not ventured to far north except Idaho because I don't like the cold very much. Beautfiul state if you don't mind the cold. I've always returned to South Louisiana because of the people, food and it is home. May God bless you also.

the local radio morning show i listen to actually had a pool going on when the exact day that this would happen. don't know who, if anyone won, because i didn't get a chance to hear that part.

i knew this would happen. it sucks that the society has become this sad, to where people in this country would be afraid of helping others because of this kind of stuff.

Mr. P said:
Have guns, it stops at the front door. ;)

A-men to that Mr. P....

0010_016-1.jpg

"were arrested Friday evening after police located the dead woman's missing car through its OnStar electronic tracking system, Mitchell said."

Do this and then steal a car with an OnStar tracking system? Geez, what ballz!

no1tovote4 said:
"were arrested Friday evening after police located the dead woman's missing car through its OnStar electronic tracking system, Mitchell said."

Do this and then steal a car with an OnStar tracking system? Geez, what ballz!

The presence of ballz is often mistaken for the absence of brainz.

Forum List

Back