Hunt'n

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
Do we have any hunters on the board? I am sure we do.

I haven't been in a while myself, but I grew up hunt'n quail, dove, turkey and white tail deer in Texas.

I am thinking of buying a 'hunt'n' ranch in the mountains of central Nevada (Great Basin area). Just wondering if anybody has experience with hunt'n ranches and what they think of them......

Thx.

lgsyphuselk.jpg

freeandfun1 said:
Do we have any hunters on the board? I am sure we do.

I haven't been in a while myself, but I grew up hunt'n quail, dove, turkey and white tail deer in Texas.

I am thinking of buying a 'hunt'n' ranch in the mountains of central Nevada (Great Basin area). Just wondering if anybody has experience with hunt'n ranches and what they think of them......

Thx.

lgsyphuselk.jpg
Haven't been hunting in years, but like you grew up doing it.

As far as the ranch...I think it could be a success if marketed to the right folks...I've flown many an exec. to hunt on plantations for quail. Some in S.C. some in Ga.

I also knew a guy that would sell trip packages to hunt in Montana for a week or so. He had the plane the equipment an I guess some agreement with a land owner...Does that help at all?

Mr. P said:
Haven't been hunting in years, but like you grew up doing it.

As far as the ranch...I think it could be a success if marketed to the right folks...I've flown many an exec. to hunt on plantations for quail. Some in S.C. some in Ga.

I also knew a guy that would sell trip packages to hunt in Montana for a week or so. He had the plane the equipment an I guess some agreement with a land owner...Does that help at all?

That is what I am thinking. They already do that to some extent, but by marketing it to the right people, you could increase business quite a bit. Especially if you built a nice lodge on the place.

The ranch is surrouned by BLM land which is open to hunting, so there is PLENTY of places to hunt. That part of Nevada is just BEAUTIFUL! I love the "high-moutain" desert!

OCA said:
You know i'm a huge hunter, nice rack there Free!

To be fair, that is not me. But it is a pick of an elk taken either on or near the ranch by a hunter that was staying there. I took the pick from the site for the ranch www.burnsheritage.com.

One more thing...
If ya go for the Co. Biz
the execs... ya gotta have an airport somewhat close by...I'd say 20 miles away max.

Better yet install 5000'x100' of asphalt that'll do it....

freeandfun1 said:
The ranch is surrouned by BLM land which is open to hunting, so there is PLENTY of places to hunt. That part of Nevada is just BEAUTIFUL! I love the "high-moutain" desert!

Explain BLM land.

MtnBiker said:
Explain BLM land.

Federally owned land by the Bureau Of Land Management set aside for outdoorsmen of all types as well as ranchers and farmers in some areas to lease for grazing.

Forum List

Back