Hungry for Reform

Mar 5, 2009
Every time I hear someone refer to the US as the greatest nation on Earth I cringe. I feel shame as an American. Shame because my government is willing to continue to sacrifice its citizens to wage two unnecessary, imperialistic wars despite a terrible economy with huge unemployment and a national debt that will wreck havoc for many decades to come. Worst of all, besides many millions of my fellow citizens lacking access to affordable and routine health care, is the growing awareness that an incredible number of Americans can no longer afford adequate food. The facts are numbing.

Please read the rest of my article at:

Hungry for Reform by Joel Hirschhorn

:lol:

Every time I hear someone refer to the US as the greatest nation on Earth I cringe. I feel shame as an American. Shame because my government is willing to continue to sacrifice its citizens to wage two unnecessary, imperialistic wars despite a terrible economy with huge unemployment and a national debt that will wreck havoc for many decades to come. Worst of all, besides many millions of my fellow citizens lacking access to affordable and routine health care, is the growing awareness that an incredible number of Americans can no longer afford adequate food. The facts are numbing.

You and Michelle Obama feel the same way about your country. Why not vote for a Democrat for President,vote to have the Democrats control congress.....do that and your problems are solved.:eusa_whistle:

1. Do you believe that the United States is looking for colonies in Iraq and Afghanistan?

2. "many millions of my fellow citizens lacking access to affordable and routine health care..."
Evidently you are not aware that every single American, plus visitors and illegal visitors, has healthcare.
Every one.

Nor are you aware that United States healthcare is the best in the world as measured by longevity.
In The Business of Health, Robert Ohsfeldt and John Schneider factor out intentional and unintentional injuries from life-expectancy statistics and find that Americans who don't die in car crashes or homicides outlive people in any other Western country.
And if we measure a health care system by how well it serves its sick citizens, American medicine excels.
Dave Petno » Canadian Doctor Describes Canadian Socialized Medicine

3. "...incredible number of Americans can no longer afford adequate food..."
HRA - Food Stamps & Food Programs

4. So sorry that you fail to recognize that you live in the greatest nation on earth. There are great numbers of the 7 billion on earth who would gladly switch places with you.

Stat boy some time try quoting someone who isn't a certifiable leftist idiot. The only thing we truly want out of Afghanistan is that some group that isn't a sexist, barbarian, religious bigot that is as much as anything else pissed that technology and other things continued to progress after the 15th century. And we will begone from Iraq for the most part in five years.

Forum List

Back