Hunger Games

FuelRod

Gold Member
Mar 16, 2011
Anyone here happen to see a Midnight showing last night?
Thoughts if you did?

I will be taking my children this evening. Nothing says "family entertainment" like teenager's fighting to the death.

A strange view of the future , if you ask me. Is this what white people think could happen in the future.?

A strange view of the future , if you ask me. Is this what white people think could happen in the future.?

Well we look at society with out boundries and say it could happen. You know kind of like Africa, where children fight other children to the death daily.

Hunger Game is present of Africa!

I've seen the books on Amazon. I just wondered if I would like them enough to get em on my kindle??

I've seen the books on Amazon. I just wondered if I would like them enough to get em on my kindle??

You should. The Kindle version is only 5.99 or free if you have Amazon prime. They are easy readers - designed for kids - but the story and the characters are amazing.

Thanks for the tip Jillian. I'll share that with my students.

Saw it tonight..my girlfriend was a real fan of the book. It's basically a Conservative Utopia, where a Capital city of entrepreneurs exploits outlying districts and sucks them dry of resources. They keep them suffering and give them only enough to survive on. The districts give tributes in the form of young people to fight in games (Kind of like the Iraq war).

Really hits the nail on the head.

Saw it tonight..my girlfriend was a real fan of the book. It's basically a Conservative Utopia, where a Capital city of entrepreneurs exploits outlying districts and sucks them dry of resources. They keep them suffering and give them only enough to survive on. The districts give tributes in the form of young people to fight in games (Kind of like the Iraq war).

Good grief.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

The threats and dangers of government becoming too big. A thing conservatives preach against. I see why you take the stances you do, because you don't even understand what you like or don't like! Typical uneducated liberal!

They tend to accuse others of what they themselves do.

So when Sallow said that Panem represents a Conservative utopia, I put on my liberal-speak filters and realize he means that he thinks that's where progressivism will take the world.

I read the few first chapters. Thought it was absolute rubbish. Then again, I felt the same way about Harry Potter.

Forum List

Back