"Hungary on the brink of ruin"

Discussion in 'Europe' started by RodISHI, Apr 18, 2009.

1. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,051
    I found this article interesting as I looked through the news this evening. I've seen areas in some cities and in rural areas in the US that look almost as desperate as the picture in this story. There are places in Atlanta and Southern California if you've seen them that you remember while reading the story. We got off the wrong exit on Atlanta following my parents on a trip to Florida about 8/9 years ago. By the time we got to a place we could turn around it was not the kind of neighborhood you really want to be in even in the light of the day. A group of young men had started towards our pickups. I was busy letting the dogs out of the trailer to go potty while we were stopped so I had not noticed them right away. I had hesitated letting them out because of so much broken glass around. So I had Rod pull the trailer up a little ways further than where dad had stopped. The young men were about 300 feet from us when I heard one yell at another, "Look". The moment they saw the dogs (three large chows getting out of the trailer and one large sheep dog in mom and dad's front seat stepping out the door) they quickly went to the other side of the road and hurried away.

Hungary on the brink of ruin,
    Posted: Friday, April 03, 2009 8:09 AM
    Filed Under: On Assignment
    Reporter's Notebook

By Jim Maceda, NBC News Correspondent

2. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,123
    Too much debt. Too high of a trade deficit. Too much borrowing in foreign currencies.

Sound familiar?

3. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    bingo!

4. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,051
    I considered that too until I read all the comments on the article.

If you take a babe or a teenager that had previously been cared for by wolves out into the woods and tell it to survive on it's own with little to no concept that there is a different kind of wolves living in the woods, will they survive?

Since they had no idea previously wolves existed as it was another set of wolves that raised them would they depend on the wolves in the woods for their survival?

"Beware of wolves in sheeps clothing" fits in this case in so many aspects.

I also considered the real estate mogul Sándor Demján.

I wonder, how did they divi up property when they were no longer a communist state?

I remember a lot of hype about investing in Hunagry in 2000 so I type in a google search "investing in Hungary 2000" and came up with all kinds of interesting info.

Overall this was an interesting read. Actually there is a lot of information on this site worth reading.

This one hasn't read the article evidently.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009